ADVERTISEMENT

6 days until the game of the year!

Appomattox at Dan River, who do y'all have coming out on top?? Advocate I may be home Friday so if I do, I'll see you there. I got DR. They win miracles out there. It'll be crammed packed.

Oh that is for sure, it will be packed! I havent been to a DR game in so long that i forgot what the stadium looks like. Appomattox always marks down DR on the schedule, we never sleep on em. I heard HC Ferrell been telling folk he "got something for Appomattox this year." I got a guy at work that knows him well. Well He also said last year he had the better team on the field in an interview after we beat them. They left at halftime and players were pissed. That was the only game that was not finished that night due to storms. Yeah, right? You didnt have the better team and he knew he didnt want to finish that second half. I will say they was running up the gut towards end of half and should have tried to stay and complete game. Not to mention we beat them in playoffs, so I would say Appomattox had the best team last year.

Winner of this game could very easily and most likely be the #1 seed in the west. If DR wins I see them being 10-0. The Raiders still have have Amherst looming at the end of the year.
Would love to see this game....if it wasn't 4 hours away!

Oh that is for sure, it will be packed! I havent been to a DR game in so long that i forgot what the stadium looks like. Appomattox always marks down DR on the schedule, we never sleep on em. I heard HC Ferrell been telling folk he "got something for Appomattox this year." I got a guy at work that knows him well. Well He also said last year he had the better team on the field in an interview after we beat them. They left at halftime and players were pissed. That was the only game that was not finished that night due to storms. Yeah, right? You didnt have the better team and he knew he didnt want to finish that second half. I will say they was running up the gut towards end of half and should have tried to stay and complete game. Not to mention we beat them in playoffs, so I would say Appomattox had the best team last year.
Typical Dan River lol semi cocky, but they tend to back it up. IDK man. I think it's too close to say who'll win. They got one of GW's defensive players (Latavio King) at LB this year and they look like a college team team size and speed wise. We all know that y'all are built like that. I really hope I can be there, it's gonna be a classic. And DR's field?? Worst stadium in Pittsylvania County. Chatham is bad too but DR's is down in a hole. Wear some older/comfortable shoes cause it's muddy and a long walk. For real, I'd get there about 5:30/5:45...They gonna have a long line to get in. GW is playing at Patrick County so everybody in Danville gonna show up..Dan River already has a huge following. It's gonna be good!

How does Dan River NOT have a state title yet? They've had some great teams over the years. Sounds like it should be a good one!
That's the question we all want to know!! Very good teams. Trey Edmunds was a man and his brothers wasn't bad either. They had Kimoni Fitz who's at Cincinnati and he ran down Heisman hopeful Greg Ward Jr. from Houston about 4 times when they played a couple of weeks ago. DR should have at least 3 football championships and 5, maybe 6 basketball championships since 09.

Reactions: AdvocateOfMany434
Been there one, it was 1st round playoff game. I think they were 9-1 and 3 seed against Draft as 14 seed. Draft just dominated, kind of looked over corky and some like didn't want to be there. Then after we won, the next week was another road trip to Union. That was a LONG week

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Appomattox fans gonna show big bro! We have been packing the places. DR should have a good gate revenue that game. I know they will bring their fans as well. People will be coming in from Danville to see this one as well.

I wish this game wasn't such a long drive for me, I would love to see this. Good luck to both teams !

If DR had developed a good passing game over the years they would have several state championships in my opinion. When a 2A school is sending players to D1 schools they should be hauling trophies back from Salem in December.

Reactions: AdvocateOfMany434
How many fans do you think y'all will bring? I heard Dan River's side should be filled up pretty quickly.
Bro, we gonna bring it homie!!! I have spoke to several that saying "its too far" but expect us to fill them stands up. Plus this weekend is Railroad Festival that brings in many Appomattox natives that moved away. So they will be in for weekend and probably want to catch a game while they are in. Since this winning streak has been going on, Appomattox has been packing the stands.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT