ADVERTISEMENT

9/16/16 - Woodgrove 24 @ Dominion 14, Final

Woodgrove vs. Dominion, Regular Season Results -

09/23/2011 Home WIN 35-19 first District win in school history, year #2.

09/21/2012 Away WIN 40-0

10/25/2013 Home WIN 38-0

10/24/2014 Away WIN 38-28

09/18/2015 Home WIN 40-0

Hat tip to Wolverine Football's official statistician, Tim Hoffer.

Last edited:
How does this Woodgrove team compare to the one a few years ago that had that huge line and the real good RB...I think they lost to Liberty in the playoffs

We lost @ Loudoun County in the 1st round of playoffs in 2012, the third year the school had been opened.

We lost @ Salem in 2013 playoffs in third round after beating Loudoun County in round 1 and beating @ Eastern View in round 2.

We lost @ Salem again in round 2 in 2014 after beating Louisa County in round 1.

Last year we lost @ Jefferson Forest in round 3 after beating Heritage(Leesburg) in round 1 and beating @Sherando in round 2

How does this Woodgrove team compare to the one a few years ago that had that huge line and the real good RB

So this team compared to prior teams...

I think this years team is smaller in size on both sides of ball lineman wise.

I think this years team is faster than prior teams and less dependent on smash mouth running the ball until you stop it. We distribute the ball among 3-4 runners with our QB getting the majority of carries; Yikes!

We have a bunch of receivers who can catch the ball and run with it so opposing D's cannot just double team our main receiver like in years past...

We definitely have a more balanced offense and our defense is slightly faster than previous years.

We have a great kicker who is also punting this year.

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
So this team compared to prior teams...

I think this years team is smaller in size on both sides of ball lineman wise.

I think this years team is faster than prior teams and less dependent on smash mouth running the ball until you stop it. We distribute the ball among 3-4 runners with our QB getting the majority of carries; Yikes!

We have a bunch of receivers who can catch the ball and run with it so opposing D's cannot just double team our main receiver like in years past...

We definitely have a more balanced offense and our defense is slightly faster than previous years.

We have a great kicker who is also punting this year.

If you had to identify any aspects that appear to be weaknesses at this point, what would you say they are? I would guess there are very few, if any.

If you had to identify any aspects that appear to be weaknesses at this point, what would you say they are? I would guess there are very few, if any.

Our lineman on both sides of ball are not as big as in years past although we are running the ball well at times and stopping the run for the most part.

We made halftime adjustments during the Dominion game that worked well and shut their offense down for the most part; our coaching is as good as ever.

Our DBs in coverage have always been a challenge and that continues this year.

I do not like to see our QB running the ball so much but he is tough as nails and keeps defenses honest.

I do like the fact that we have fewer guys going both ways this year and we have more guys coming off the bench and contributing than in years past.

We have a ton of seniors contributing this year which is nice to see.

My .02

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT