ADVERTISEMENT

A legend retires Friday.

DinwiddieProud

VaPreps All State
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2013
Lora Bickley, the saving grace to almost every AD that ever plied their trade, will be retiring from the VHSL after a mere 55 years of service. Lora has been and is a friend to all, and eagerly and without hesitation helps anyone that needs her special skills.

Without question, there is and never has been anyone that knows the day to day inter-workings of the League as well as Lora. I could tell you story after story about Lora going well above and beyond the call of duty to solve a problem so that events were not affected. An untold number of times an AD had missed a deadline and called Lora late in the day or even on a weekend and asked for her help. Regardless of the reasons for the snafu, Lora would always find a way to “fix” things. If you asked her, she would always say that she didn’t want the kids to suffer because someone made a mistake. In fact, Lora never ever varied from her creed of always doing what was best for the students.

The League will have a large void to fill after Friday, but the legacy this wonderful women leaves behind, set an example that is a perfect blueprint on how to do it right.

Join me on wishing Lora well. As she likes to say, it’s not the end of the book, just the conclusion of another chapter, and the beginning of the next.

Thank you and God Bless you Lora Bickley.

Thanks Mike. Robert did his usual great job.

Of course, I had to harass her. I sent her a text saying, “Ya bum, get a job!!!

Reactions: mike salem
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT