ADVERTISEMENT

All City Teams

lyhsports

VaPreps Honorable Mention
May 17, 2017
Lynchburg, Va
Imagine with me if Glass and Heritage were one school and you had to make one team comprised of Players from both schools. I think The school would be Class 6, I'm gonna go out on a limb and make an All Lynchburg team with who I think would be on the field for this team. Mind you I have not seen a lot of Heritage this year so I might be a little off on some of my picks.

Took a good while to think this up. There is so much talent in Lynchburg right now! Once you put who you think starts in, you look at who's left and you feel bad because you'd leave people out. All I know is, If Lynchburg had just one team, that team would be talented and DEEP!

Here's what I got:

QB Burns
RB Craighead, Foster
FB Vaughan
TE Hall
WR Mosley, Thomas, Kendrick, Blake
OLINE Wheat, Ayers, Giles, Williams, Harvey

DLINE Fretz, Hall, Rivera, Merriman
LB Goolsby,Hager, Morris
CB Trent Kendrick
S Carthorne, Thomas

Feel Free to agree, disagree, or Make your own! If you had all this talent, and had to manage a depth chart what would you do on offense and defense?

If you;re from somewhere else, I'd like to see yours too! It would be cool to see an All- Roanoke(Fleming,PH) team, an all Campbell county(Altavista,Brookville,WC,Rustburg) Team, etc.

Reactions: VAHawkHitter
Imagine with me if Glass and Heritage were one school and you had to make one team comprised of Players from both schools. I think The school would be Class 6, I'm gonna go out on a limb and make an All Lynchburg team with who I think would be on the field for this team. Mind you I have not seen a lot of Heritage this year so I might be a little off on some of my picks.

Took a good while to think this up. There is so much talent in Lynchburg right now! Once you put who you think starts in, you look at who's left and you feel bad because you'd leave people out. All I know is, If Lynchburg had just one team, that team would be talented and DEEP!

Here's what I got:

QB Burns
RB Craighead, Foster
FB Vaughan
TE Hall
WR Mosley, Thomas, Kendrick, Blake
OLINE Wheat, Ayers, Giles, Williams, Harvey

DLINE Fretz, Hall, Rivera, Merriman
LB Goolsby,Hager, Morris
CB Trent Kendrick
S Carthorne, Thomas

Feel Free to agree, disagree, or Make your own! If you had all this talent, and had to manage a depth chart what would you do on offense and defense?

If you;re from somewhere else, I'd like to see yours too! It would be cool to see an All- Roanoke(Fleming,PH) team, an all Campbell county(Altavista,Brookville,WC,Rustburg) Team, etc.

Who would be the head coach of your unified Lynchburg team?

I might be misunderstanding this but you would have Burns over Kendrick at QB?

Both are good, but neither one my choice since its fantasy. While were doing fantasy and all city, why wont LCA included?

I might be misunderstanding this but you would have Burns over Kendrick at QB?

I mean you could put Kendrick, and Kendrick would be a beast at QB, but to see him in the slot and corner on a team like that would be sweet.

I'm not looking at a perspective of who's better, but from a perspective of putting a team together to compete. You can put Burns at Qb and allow Kendrick to play other positions and still be successful.

Both are good, but neither one my choice since its fantasy. While were doing fantasy and all city, why wont LCA included?
I posted, then completely forgot about LCA. But, not sure which kids live in Lynchburg, so its complicated. But If you add LCA, Nelson would play QB, Rose would be at WR, Will Wycoff would probably play Safety and , Rice would be a Tackle, Strange maybe at corner too.

Last edited:
This is essentially what you had before the formation of Heritage. Even with the formation of Heritage both continued to thrive until population moved to surrounding suburbs and the rise of additional private schools. Lot of talent in both Lynchburg and Danville and both localities have seen talent drain and enrollment decreases as people have migrated to outlying areas.

Reactions: lyhsports
I mean you could put Kendrick, and Kendrick would be a beast at QB, but to see him in the slot and corner on a team like that would be sweet.

I'm not looking at a perspective of who's better, but from a perspective of putting a team together to compete. You can put Burns at Qb and allow Kendrick to play other positions and still be successful.
Thanks, that makes sense.

Man I've been thinking about that too lately! With the recent success of both schools, you have to believe that a joint team would be incredible! Even with teams from the past few years! Imagine a team with Jabari Blake, LaLa Davis, Chris Megginson, Caleb Snead, Dresean Kendrick, Ty Foster, City Q Craighead, Thomas Patterson, Tre Alexander, Warren Horsley, Jairelle Reeves, and plenty more! The talent would be crazy. Would definitely make it difficult on a coach to determine who gets reps where.

Man I've been thinking about that too lately! With the recent success of both schools, you have to believe that a joint team would be incredible! Even with teams from the past few years! Imagine a team with Jabari Blake, LaLa Davis, Chris Megginson, Caleb Snead, Dresean Kendrick, Ty Foster, City Q Craighead, Thomas Patterson, Tre Alexander, Warren Horsley, Jairelle Reeves, and plenty more! The talent would be crazy. Would definitely make it difficult on a coach to determine who gets reps where.

With the exception of Snead and Craighead, All of those guys played on the same field in 2017 in one of the most epic high school games I'd ever seen. That would be one LOADED team if they were together. It was a sight to see.

This is essentially what you had before the formation of Heritage. Even with the formation of Heritage both continued to thrive until population moved to surrounding suburbs and the rise of additional private schools. Lot of talent in both Lynchburg and Danville and both localities have seen talent drain and enrollment decreases as people have migrated to outlying areas.

Lynchburg is a growing city along with the surrounding counties at the moment. Especially the Forest and Brookville areas. I see Brookville and JF numbers getting bigger in the next 7-10 years.

I can see that easily happening. Townhomes all over the place going are going to heavily populate heritage and brookville. I expect 221 same way to affect JF.

Since this is Fantasy, Vince Bradford for coach. Put the pre annexiation lines back to 1975 and Brookville would be a powerhouse also. Schedule a game between them and watch the rivalry grow.

Since this is Fantasy, Vince Bradford for coach. Put the pre annexiation lines back to 1975 and Brookville would be a powerhouse also. Schedule a game between them and watch the rivalry grow.
Bradford was a bear.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT