ADVERTISEMENT

All Region 4D team (Full List)

VolNation85

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Nov 29, 2013
Coach of the Year- Sloss (Blacksburg)
OPOY- Johnston SR (Blacksburg)
DPOY- Fretz JR (Glass)

Congratulations to these young men and Coach Sloss. Rest of team will be posted later this week.

Last edited:
1st Team Offense
QB Johnston SR Blacksburg*
OL Cardwell SR Salem
OL Foutz SR Jefferson Forest
OL M. Hale SR William Byrd
OL Kittrell SR EC Glass*
C Grinnell SR Salem*
TE Close SR Salem*
RB Cupit JR Jefferson Forest*
RB T. Foster JR EC Glass
RB Persinger JR Salem
WR Barnett SR EC Glass
WR Coffey SR Blacksburg*
WR Horton SR Pulaski
All Purpose Dantlzer SR William Byrd*
KR T. Foster JR EC Glass*
K Castle SR Pulaski*

1st Team Defense
DL Fretz JR EC Glass*
DL Kittrell SR EC Glass
DE Haupt SR Salem
DE Norris JR Blacksburg*
LB Adams SR William Byrd
LB Babcock SR Blacksburg
LB Galimore JR Pulaski
LB Poole SR GW*
DB Goforth JR Blacksburg
DB Horsley SR EC Glass*
DB Mannon JR Pulaski
DB Reeves SR EC Glass
All Purpose N. Hale SR William Byrd*
PR Sha. Watlington JR GW*
P Johnson SR Amherst*

2nd Team Offense
QB Kendrick JR EC Glass
OL Ayers JR Amherst
OL Compton SR Salem
OL Myers JR GW
OL Lucas SR Blacksburg
C French SR Jefferson Forest
TE Adams SR William Byrd
RB Blake SR Jefferson Forest
RB Mitchell JR Blacksburg
RB Ross SR Amherst
WR Mohamed JR Blacksburg
WR Rose JR LCA
WR Sha. Watlington JR GW
All Purpose Terry SR Blacksburg
KR Terry SR Blacksburg
K McCarthy SR EC Glass

2nd Team Defense
DL Akers SR GW
DL Arnett SR Pulaski
DL Cardwell SR Salem
DE McDaniel JR Bassett
DE O'Dell SR Pulaski
DE Shumate JR Carroll County
LB Epperly SR Blacksburg
LB Hamilton SR EC Glass
LB Klacynski JR Jefferson Forest
LB Meador William Byrd
DB Collins SO Salem
DB Elam SR GW
DB Stanley SR William Byrd
DB Williams SR Amherst
All Purpose Mitchell JR Blacksburg
PR Mitchell JR Blacksburg
P Goforth JR Blacksburg

(*) = received most votes for position
Congratulations to all the guys that were selected. Well deserved honor.
Special shout out to Shawn Collins of Salem. He was the only underclassmen to make the list.

Last edited:
WR from Glass. I understand politics etc but...
No politics there. Barnett was 1st team All Seminole District at the All Purpose position. Nominations for each level are not tied to the previous level. In other words, what position a player is selected at for districts does not determine the position he is nominated for at the region or state level.

Last edited:
He was 1st team all purpose not at WR unless I missed something...
You are correct. Nominations for each level are not tied to the previous level. In other words, what position a player is selected at for districts does not necessarily determine the position he is nominated for at the region or state level.

You are correct. Nominations for each level are not tied to the previous level. In other words, what position a player is selected at for districts does not determine the position he is nominated for at the region or state level.

I understand, I don't agree with it but I understand it allows room for the backroom negotiations.

I understand, I don't agree with it but I understand it allows room for the backroom negotiations.
I used to not agree with it too but it actually makes sense to have it that way IMO. Barnett's situation is the perfect example why. He and Kendrick were the only players in the Seminole district to catch, throw, and rush for at least 1 TD this year. Thus, Barnett's nomination at All Purpose for the district level. It wasn't that he wasn't good enough to be 1st team at receiver. But at the Region level he didn't have the "stats" to compete with Dantzler from Byrd or Terry from Blacksburg for All Purpose but had good numbers for receiver. Which I think is fair.

Reactions: MrSir#5 and one man
Kendrick not being first team on offense. Namely All purpose.
I respectfully disagree. Kendrick threw the ball enough and well enough to be nominated as a QB and while he had great numbers both running and throwing the ball, I don't think he was the best QB. Best football player in the region no doubt but Johnston I think was a slightly better QB plus Johnston led his team to victory in the head to head matchup. I think the better argument is for Kendrick to be OPOY but both he and Johnston were nominated at QB and since he didn't win 1st team QB, can't be an option for OPOY.

Reactions: one man
To me, the only people that should be eligible for 1st team all-region at each position are the ones that made 1st team all-district at that position in the districts that make up that region. UNLESS your reasoning is that the only players eligible for all-region are those that play on teams that made the playoffs in that region.

Reactions: VAn8tive
I used to not agree with it too but it actually makes sense to have it that way IMO. Barnett's situation is the perfect example why. He and Kendrick were the only players in the Seminole district to catch, throw, and rush for at least 1 TD this year. Thus, Barnett's nomination at All Purpose for the district level. It wasn't that he wasn't good enough to be 1st team at receiver. But at the Region level he didn't have the "stats" to compete with Dantzler from Byrd or Terry from Blacksburg for All Purpose but had good numbers for receiver. Which I think is fair.
Ok what were Barnett's stats as a wr that qualify for 1st team all-region?

1st Team Offense
QB Johnston SR Blacksburg*
OL Cardwell SR Salem
OL Foutz SR Jefferson Forest
OL M. Hale SR William Byrd
OL Kittrell SR EC Glass*
C Grinnell SR Salem*
TE Close SR Salem*
RB Cupit JR Jefferson Forest*
RB T. Foster JR EC Glass
RB Persinger JR Salem
WR Barnett SR EC Glass
WR Coffey SR Blacksburg*
WR Horton SR Pulaski
All Purpose Dantlzer SR William Byrd*
KR T. Foster JR EC Glass*
K Castle SR Pulaski*

1st Team Defense
DL Fretz JR EC Glass*
DL Kittrell SR EC Glass
DE Haupt SR Salem
DE Norris JR Blacksburg*
LB Adams SR William Byrd
LB Babcock SR Blacksburg
LB Galimore JR Pulaski
LB Poole SR GW*
DB Goforth JR Blacksburg
DB Horsley SR EC Glass*
DB Mannon JR Pulaski
DB Reeves SR EC Glass
All Purpose N. Hale SR William Byrd*
PR Sha. Watlington JR GW*
P Johnson SR Amherst*

2nd Team Offense
QB Kendrick JR EC Glass
OL Ayers JR Amherst
OL Compton SR Salem
OL Myers JR GW
OL Lucas SR Blacksburg
C French SR Jefferson Forest
TE Adams SR William Byrd
RB Blake SR Jefferson Forest
RB Mitchell JR Blacksburg
RB Ross SR Amherst
WR Mohamed JR Blacksburg
WR Rose JR LCA
WR Sha. Watlington JR GW
All Purpose Terry SR Blacksburg
KR Terry SR Blacksburg
K McCarthy SR EC Glass

2nd Team Defense
DL Akers SR GW
DL Arnett SR Pulaski
DL Cardwell SR Salem
DE McDaniel JR Bassett
DE O'Dell SR Pulaski
DE Shumate JR Carroll County
LB Epperly SR Blacksburg
LB Hamilton SR EC Glass
LB Klacynski JR Jefferson Forest
LB Meador William Byrd
DB Collins SO Salem
DB Elam SR GW
DB Stanley SR William Byrd
DB Williams SR Amherst
All Purpose Mitchell JR Blacksburg
PR Mitchell JR Blacksburg
P Goforth JR Blacksburg

(*) = received most votes for position
Congratulations to all the guys that were selected. Well deserved honor.
Special shout out to Shawn Collins of Salem. He was the only underclassmen to make the list.

Where do you get this information from?

I respectfully disagree. Kendrick threw the ball enough and well enough to be nominated as a QB and while he had great numbers both running and throwing the ball, I don't think he was the best QB. Best football player in the region no doubt but Johnston I think was a slightly better QB plus Johnston led his team to victory in the head to head matchup. I think the better argument is for Kendrick to be OPOY but both he and Johnston were nominated at QB and since he didn't win 1st team QB, can't be an option for OPOY.

I agree that Johnston should be 1st team at QB, but all purpose would be more fitting for Kendrick on the 1st team.

Where do you get this information from?

Vols has connects. I was at the meeting Mon tallying the votes for my AD and Salem AD. This list is legit. One error though @VolNation85 . You forgot Tim Sawyers (BBurg) as the third DL on the 1st team. Great coaches in this region. Mags, Crews, Johnson, Highfill, Christmas, Anderson, Sloss, Sherry, Turner, James, Woody are all great. Turner took the floor at the end of the meeting to personally acknowledge and honor Highfill's greatness which was a class moment. Love me some Jack Turner, great dude. Highfill hit left us with, "keep coaching them. The parents and the game have changed, though our region has a lot of running teams. The kids haven't changed and a lot of them need us. Keep coaching and being there for the boys that need you!" It was classic!

Vols has connects. I was at the meeting Mon tallying the votes for my AD and Salem AD. This list is legit. One error though @VolNation85 . You forgot Tim Sawyers (BBurg) as the third DL on the 1st team. Great coaches in this region. Mags, Crews, Johnson, Highfill, Christmas, Anderson, Sloss, Sherry, Turner, James, Woody are all great. Turner took the floor at the end of the meeting to personally acknowledge and honor Highfill's greatness which was a class moment. Love me some Jack Turner, great dude. Highfill hit left us with, "keep coaching them. The parents and the game have changed, though our region has a lot of running teams. The kids haven't changed and a lot of them need us. Keep coaching and being there for the boys that need you!" It was classic!
Thanks for the correction. I didn’t even realize I left him off.

Reactions: one man
To me, the only people that should be eligible for 1st team all-region at each position are the ones that made 1st team all-district at that position in the districts that make up that region. UNLESS your reasoning is that the only players eligible for all-region are those that play on teams that made the playoffs in that region.

Because district often contain schools from different classes, they aren't the same as region and state where all teams are the same class.

The 4D set up gives each school a set number of nominations, tiered based on how you finished. 1-2 teams, Bburg and Glass get the most nominations(up to 12) and teams 9-12 Amherst, Cville, Bassett, Carroll have fewest nominations (up to 4).

You can be 1st, 2nd or HM all district and be nominated for all region.

At the state level, the nominees are the 1st team all region selections. The coaches that vote are the coaches of the two teams that play for each of the 4 region titles. Sloss and Woody represent 4D at the state table this season.

Last edited:
If that kid doesn't play guitar he is woefully underusing the opportunity afforded to him by his parents.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT