ADVERTISEMENT

All State Team

kwhs95fan

VaPreps All Region
Gold Member
Oct 17, 2006
There's usually 8 players selected for first team All State. Who do you guys think make 1st team this year? My choices are

Corvion Davis - Colonial Beach
Caleb Thomas - Mathews
Grant Painter - Riverheads
Ethan Millirons - Auburn
Cade Looney - Grundy
Ethan Powers - Eastside
Spencer Hamilton - Parry McCluer
Luke Carter - Northwood

I could easily see Dunlap from PM ,Lucas from CB, or Johnson from Charles City make 1st team as well. I know that they try to balance the regions out. Last year each region had two players apiece, and they might end up doing that this year as well.

As for my state player of the year, I think it will go to either Davis, Millirons or Looney and it could come down to if any of the three wins a state title. Personally, I honestly can't pick between the three. They are all tremendous players and they all are entirely different players and each of their respective teams are lucky to have them and for us fans, Millirons and Grundy will be back next year and Millirons actually has two more years.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigWinners
Agree totally. With the team and the POY. Win a state title and win POY, either it be Grundy (Looney), CB (Davis) or Auburn (Millirons). If Mathews wins it all, I have no idea then.

Agree totally. With the team and the POY. Win a state title and win POY, either it be Grundy (Looney), CB (Davis) or Auburn (Millirons). If Mathews wins it all, I have no idea then.
Well Caleb Thomas of Mathews is a stud himself, but Davis got Region A POY, so I'd doubt they'd give it to him. I guess if Mathews wins the championship, then one of the above 3 will get POY and Curtis Williamson of Mathews will get Coach of the Year.

There's usually 8 players selected for first team All State. Who do you guys think make 1st team this year? My choices are

Corvion Davis - Colonial Beach
Caleb Thomas - Mathews
Grant Painter - Riverheads
Ethan Millirons - Auburn
Cade Looney - Grundy
Ethan Powers - Eastside
Spencer Hamilton - Parry McCluer
Luke Carter - Northwood

I could easily see Dunlap from PM ,Lucas from CB, or Johnson from Charles City make 1st team as well. I know that they try to balance the regions out. Last year each region had two players apiece, and they might end up doing that this year as well.

As for my state player of the year, I think it will go to either Davis, Millirons or Looney and it could come down to if any of the three wins a state title. Personally, I honestly can't pick between the three. They are all tremendous players and they all are entirely different players and each of their respective teams are lucky to have them and for us fans, Millirons and Grundy will be back next year and Millirons actually has two more years.
I like how you mentioned TV Lucas for CB, but don’t forget about Jace Jett, #23. He is the best catch and shooter along with Tre Pietras #24 in the NNK. Jett also has great finishing ability and plays standout defense, maybe I’m being biased, but from what I’ve seen all year, he’s a hell of a player. Still respect your list though.

Reactions: kwhs95fan
I like how you mentioned TV Lucas for CB, but don’t forget about Jace Jett, #23. He is the best catch and shooter along with Tre Pietras #24 in the NNK. Jett also has great finishing ability and plays standout defense, maybe I’m being biased, but from what I’ve seen all year, he’s a hell of a player. Still respect your list though.
Yes Jett is a great player indeed. The reason I didn't mention him here was because he made 2nd team all Region, where as Lucas made 1st team all Region, so he won't make 1st team all state. Plus with 4 regions and only 8 players making 1st team, I went with what I thought might happen, although I definitely would not be surprised if Lucas, Johnson or Dunlap make it either. Jett will definitely play a big role for CB the rest of the way though, just how he has all season. Davis, to my knowledge is the only senior who gets meaningful minutes that graduates, so with Lucas, Jett, Pietras, Courtney and crew, they should be in the hunt next year too.

Reactions: Drifterfan21
Those 4 are gonna have to do some heavy lifting next year because their JVs were winless and I saw most of a 68-10 loss to Lancaster

That's a pretty solid four to have though.
Region C will be interesting next year, PM brings everyone back as does Auburn. Hamilton only a sophomore and is expected to grow another 2+ inches (6’10” to 7’)
Dunlap will be a Senior as will Durham Baker, Talen Roberts, and Ethan Moore.
Ryan Perry, Trey Secrist, and Jaxson will Join Hamilton as Juniors. And then John Snider will be a Sophomore.

Last edited:
Yes Jett is a great player indeed. The reason I didn't mention him here was because he made 2nd team all Region, where as Lucas made 1st team all Region, so he won't make 1st team all state. Plus with 4 regions and only 8 players making 1st team, I went with what I thought might happen, although I definitely would not be surprised if Lucas, Johnson or Dunlap make it either. Jett will definitely play a big role for CB the rest of the way though, just how he has all season. Davis, to my knowledge is the only senior who gets meaningful minutes that graduates, so with Lucas, Jett, Pietras, Courtney and crew, they should be in the hunt next year too.
Ahh I see. Thanks for explaining the logistics.

Those 4 are gonna have to do some heavy lifting next year because their JVs were winless and I saw most of a 68-10 loss to Lancaster
Right JV did go winless, but most of our 10th graders moved up, our core 4 for next year will be solid because they have high motors, the other pietras brother will develop too.

With his 36 points tonight, Ethan Millirons might have clinched the state player of the year tonight, regardless of the outcome on Thursday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT