ADVERTISEMENT

Amherst Coach Resigns

Lol #5 that's about what I was thinking. As a Seminole fan I always thought he was very entertaining on Friday nights.

Reactions: wikki
Lol #5 that's about what I was thinking. As a Seminole fan I always thought he was very entertaining on Friday nights.
There is another guy that the fans would like but not sure how the admin feels.

With 7on7’s already started and practice just 2 months away, I’d be very very shocked if an external hire is made. I’m no expert, but I’d expect them to at least give someone on the current staff the interim head coaching job. Had Phillips left in January, they’d have their fair share to choose from. Not saying that they won’t now, but it’s late.

Just curious. What makes you think that any of the big name coaches in this area would want to leave successful and improving programs to coach another school in the area? I doubt Bradley, Smith and Woody would leave their schools.
For Smith it be step up in class
I think Smith would be a good fit too... Hes not leaving Appo though.
Why not? It step up in class from 2A to 4A better chance of talent. Single A is a stepping stone to prove your ability for lot of coachs not some stay because they like it an maybe that's case with him

For Smith it be step up in class

Why not? It step up in class from 2A to 4A better chance of talent. Single A is a stepping stone to prove your ability for lot of coachs not some stay because they like it an maybe that's case with him

I agree with you, but I just think that at this point in Doug Smith’s career(how old is he?), he just wants to stay put. He has built something really special in Appomattox.

Geez will you guys quit Hymning and hauling an get off the pot an name the names. You guys act like these names are national secrets.

Agreed.

Also, for what it's worth, it's "hemming and hawing", as in "ahem". Hem and haw are like the old world equivalents of "uh" and "um".

There are a lot of good coaches out there , they just don’t want the job because of the demands of the job year round. Successful football coaches don’t have a lot of life outside of football.

Reactions: DivePitchKeep
With 7on7’s already started and practice just 2 months away, I’d be very very shocked if an external hire is made. I’m no expert, but I’d expect them to at least give someone on the current staff the interim head coaching job. Had Phillips left in January, they’d have their fair share to choose from. Not saying that they won’t now, but it’s late.

If they get one of the big name coaches around here i would think they would have to hire outside of the program

Reactions: wikki
Y'all keep you hands off Doug Smith!!!! LOL!
Lord I pray he stays here for my boys sake.

Reactions: oldfool
To this day, I don't understand why more high school teams don't at least try Abel's Power I triple option offense, especially the schools that keep an athletic QB.
You not only have to have a athletic QB, but also a smart one. Most coaches don’t want to put that much of the decision making in the QB’s hands . That’s just my opinion. In high school , most coaches want the QB to have one to two looks , and make the decision.

To this day, I don't understand why more high school teams don't at least try Abel's Power I triple option offense, especially the schools that keep an athletic QB.
It worked for Amherst for many years and I still believe it would have.

They also were very disciplined and that made a difference

Last edited:
Why didn’t Louisa run the triple power I offense last year against Salem , because it don’t matter . Whatever you run , you better have the horses and the players to beat the best . I will say this , great teams always beat great players. Nobody gives a crap about what offense you run.

Why didn’t Louisa run the triple power I offense last year against Salem , because it don’t matter . Whatever you run , you better have the horses and the players to beat the best . I will say this , great teams always beat great players. Nobody gives a crap about what offense you run.
Some work better than others.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT