ADVERTISEMENT

Amherst coach

Eastspartan has it:

December 8th,
Salem City Stadium – Class 1 at Noon, Class 2 at 4:30 pm
Liberty University – Class 3 at Noon, Class 4 at 4:30 pm
Hampton University – Class 5 at Noon, Class 6 at 4:30 pm

It's official Abell wasn'ta genius hire by Amherst it was a luck hire first philps now a offensive coordinator not actually a head coach. Hope he proves me wrong. But not likely.
I heard from Gouldthorps own lips that they went after Abell after talking to a Va tech coach, and asking who would be a good fit for Amherst. Because of his involvement with the youth in the community and team philosophy that is why Abell was hired those years ago. Curd is a local politician and not an AD. We can all hope that this plays out well over the next few years. I have a feeling it will. I hear this coach is no nonsense, if you don't wanna be here, get gone type coach. Exactly what Amherst needs.

I heard from Gouldthorps own lips that they went after Abell after talking to a Va tech coach, and asking who would be a good fit for Amherst. Because of his involvement with the youth in the community and team philosophy that is why Abell was hired those years ago. Curd is a local politician and not an AD. We can all hope that this plays out well over the next few years. I have a feeling it will. I hear this coach is no nonsense, if you don't wanna be here, get gone type coach. Exactly what Amherst needs.
That’s good to hear. Goldie knew what he was doing. Goldiie was a no nonsense guy either and knew his stuff. If this guy for some reason doesn’t stay because of his tenure, the time needs to be put in to get the right fit for a coach. Like everyone knows, there are several local coaches in the area that would be good. I’m really hoping this guy stays and works out, he is young and needs to find a home instead of jumping around. Only time will tell. We need to support him in the meantime

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Underwhelming hire but could yield good results depends a lot on who’s buying in and if he can instill his brand there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT