ADVERTISEMENT

Amherst Coaching search

Any updates?
Too early in the process but are searching. They just better get a head coach with experience and someone that can build the program back to where it was and who will stay

Too early in the process but are searching. They just better get a head coach with experience and someone that can build the program back to where it was and who will stay
Ohh. I know it's kind of early but Gate City and William Byrd have already named coaches.

If they’re smart they will hire Jeff Crews. That’s If he wants to remain as the head coach and applied.

I like Crews..Just not sure he can take Amherst back to the top..I hope they would hire someone outside of Amherst and get rid of everyone but Crews..

I haven't heard anything..My guess is if they wanted Crews as a head coach they would've gave it to him already..I would say Curd got a list of names and Crews is at the end..Amherst isn't a good job right now with all the stuff going on here.Crews can develop into an awesome coach but he has no help and to many distractions for him to win.Amherst need to clear house before the big boys arrive.

I like Crews..Just not sure he can take Amherst back to the top..I hope they would hire someone outside of Amherst and get rid of everyone but Crews..
I’m not sure he can either but who can anyone be sure of? It’s a gamble no matter who they hire.

I haven't heard anything..My guess is if they wanted Crews as a head coach they would've gave it to him already..I would say Curd got a list of names and Crews is at the end..Amherst isn't a good job right now with all the stuff going on here.Crews can develop into an awesome coach but he has no help and to many distractions for him to win.Amherst need to clear house before the big boys arrive.
The “big boys”?

Have to advertise a job if it is changed. So cant go from an interim position or coordinator to HC without the availability

Reactions: wikki
Amherst has a couple good assistance.

I’ve heard an old LCA assistant applied for the job. He spent 6-7 years at LCA and then went to Florida as a defensive coordinator for a 6a school. I don’t think he brings any HC experience but is young and energetic. Even though he doesn’t have any HC experience, he’s young and energetic and comes from a solid program in LCA that usually very disciplined and well ran

I’ve heard an old LCA assistant applied for the job. He spent 6-7 years at LCA and then went to Florida as a defensive coordinator for a 6a school. I don’t think he brings any HC experience but is young and energetic. Even though he doesn’t have any HC experience, he’s young and energetic and comes from a solid program in LCA that usually very disciplined and well ran

Missed you on here this season! Where you been?

Reactions: mike salem
Missed you on here this season! Where you been?
I just kept low during the season wasn’t much to talk about with LCA struggling. I didn’t have any dogs in the fight this year to cheer for. My nephews graduated so couldn’t cheer for them then coaches at LCA that I knew didn’t return this year so other than going to a few big matchup games I went to, I caught most of the highlights on Wsets football Fridays haha. I just hopped on to see if there was any inside info flying around on the Amherst job.

Last edited:
I just kept low during the season wasn’t much to talk about with LCA struggling. I didn’t have any dogs in the fight this year to cheer for. My nephews graduated so couldn’t cheer for them then coaches at LCA that I knew didn’t return this year so other than going to a few big matchup games I went to, I caught most of the highlights on Wsets football Fridays haha. I just hopped on to see if there was any inside info flying around on the Amherst job.

Basketball team looking good! Football team should be pretty good next year.

That would be awesome

That would be awesome
I think so to. He’s a good guy and good coach. No HC experience but he will turn the program around the right way. He will spend the energy on the kids and love on the players. He takes his coaching philosophy after coach Dabo. So I think he will be good for Amherst. I know he’s wanted to be a head coach for a while, he’s just wait for an opportunity. Also his parents live in Amherst co. So it would be an awesome homecoming

I think so to. He’s a good guy and good coach. No HC experience but he will turn the program around the right way. He will spend the energy on the kids and love on the players. He takes his coaching philosophy after coach Dabo. So I think he will be good for Amherst. I know he’s wanted to be a head coach for a while, he’s just wait for an opportunity. Also his parents live in Amherst co. So it would be an awesome homecoming
I think I know who you are talking about. His dad used to be my boss and his mom sold us our house. Really really good people!

I think I know who you are talking about. His dad used to be my boss and his mom sold us our house. Really really good people!
Yeah his mom is a real estate agent, I’m not sure what his father does. Yeah I don’t know his parents but I’m sure they are good people bc he’s a good guy and was raised right

I've met him a few times because of his dad and uncle. His parents are two of the best real Christian's that you can ever meet. Few years back we watched JF salem game together. He knows ball. It would be a big jump up for him but if he has a work ethic like his dad Amherst should be in good hands if that's the direction they go in. I don't think it would be an immediate impact on the program but a strong step in the right direction

I've met him a few times because of his dad and uncle. His parents are two of the best real Christian's that you can ever meet. Few years back we watched JF salem game together. He knows ball. It would be a big jump up for him but if he has a work ethic like his dad Amherst should be in good hands if that's the direction they go in. I don't think it would be an immediate impact on the program but a strong step in the right direction
Is the name Knight?

My response to the post was fake news meaning he isn't. I think you quoted the wrong poster.
Bradley would jump because heritage doesn’t have anything coming up and will struggle. Several refs and an opposing coach and an AD have told me Bradley put in. But Amherst won’t hire him anyway and doesn’t want anyone to know he put in for it. He has put in for it before. Those words from him to me in Walmart couple years back. But we’re talking about an AD at Amherst that kept Cecil around 10 years too long.

Reactions: wikki and Senex
Where do you get heritage doesn’t have anything coming up, that is wrong. In fact they were junior dominated and Sandusky plus dumbar were good this year. If Bradley applied for the job he would be offered the position. Bradley is one of the top coaches in the area period.

Last edited:
Bradley would jump because heritage doesn’t have anything coming up and will struggle. Several refs and an opposing coach and an AD have told me Bradley put in. But Amherst won’t hire him anyway and doesn’t want anyone to know he put in for it. He has put in for it before. Those words from him to me in Walmart couple years back. But we’re talking about an AD at Amherst that kept Cecil around 10 years too long.
I know for a fact he didn't apply. I know for a fact he was contacted by the super in Amherst. I know for fact Bradley isn't leaving.

Reactions: Hilltoperhokie
He kept Cecil around 10 years too long?! But then hired someone who wasn't on the job a month?!

Reactions: wikki
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT