ADVERTISEMENT

Amherst/GW Danville through the years

Thanks for sharing. I remember most of those games. I hated the uniforms in 2003 and 2004. Red Cardinal instead of Maroon. Glad they finally made the change

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Hey that's me on the GW 2003 team. Brandon Owen. We fought hard that game but couldn't pull it out! I remember being excited to play on their turf field back then. Was rare for a high school to have that. I'm now the ATC for GW so I'll be on the sideline this week. Good luck to Amherst just hoping for no injuries for either team!

Hey that's me on the GW 2003 team. Brandon Owen. We fought hard that game but couldn't pull it out! I remember being excited to play on their turf field back then. Was rare for a high school to have that. I'm now the ATC for GW so I'll be on the sideline this week. Good luck to Amherst just hoping for no injuries for either team!
I remember you my friend! You, B Dawson, Marcus Dotson.. If GW had you guys on the 4a level, they'd have at least 2 state championships by now.

Reactions: btowenatc
I remember you my friend! You, B Dawson, Marcus Dotson.. If GW had you guys on the 4a level, they'd have at least 2 state championships by now.

Thanks man. That was Coach Newell's first year as head coach for GW. We had a great running game with the wing t back then, but notice in the stats that game we had 0 passing yards, lol. If we would have had a passing game to mix things up as well that year we could have done big things!

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Thanks man. That was Coach Newell's first year as head coach for GW. We had a great running game with the wing t back then, but notice in the stats that game we had 0 passing yards, lol. If we would have had a passing game to mix things up as well that year we could have done big things!
Coach Abell's first year was 2002 was a losing year but after that he made the team what they were until he left. That year against GW 2003 he made that adjustment and never looked back

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT