ADVERTISEMENT

Amherst Job

Yes I had heard that people had concerns before the hire but I was not going to say anything. Trust me it is for the best
With that said, I'm glad it ended quickly.

I have to tell you though. Either the powers that be didn't do their homework and got duped, or they were not using the right criteria to select a coach. Either way, in my opinion, one or more adults let down a whole team of kids.

Yes I had heard that people had concerns before the hire but I was not going to say anything. Trust me it is for the best

Maybe I misread it, or any other number of things, but I thought you had said you had met him and you thought you had a good one and would be successful.

But wow. I'm very sad for the kids and the community

Reactions: VolNation85
Maybe I misread it, or any other number of things, but I thought you had said you had met him and you thought you had a good one and would be successful.

I had met him and liked that he was a disciplined coach and was hoping that he would be succesful. I was also trying to be confident and not say negative things after they had hired him. People kept saying come on Wikki you know. I was just not going to share what I heard. I hope it all turns out for the best.

I had met him and liked that he was a disciplined coach and was hoping that he would be succesful. I was also trying to be confident and not say negative things after they had hired him. People kept saying come on Wikki you know. I was just not going to share what I heard. I hope it all turns out for the best.

Well I understand that, and you know me I dont like the negative stuff on here, maybe I was just hoping that it was good for you and Lancer community

I thought the same thing Gunz

Well I understand that, and you know me I dont like the negative stuff on here, maybe I was just hoping that it was good for you and Lancer community
Me too, this is so upsetting

Really sorry to hear this... hard enough to have a new coach, not to mention 2 in the same year. That is a rough hand to be dealt right before week one.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Heard he was going to be suspended for a game or two so he resigned instead.
It’s amazing how fast news travels now with social media. I guess the news will be next if they don’t already know

I sensed some quite reservations in Wikki's post when he was hired. She showed support, but there was just an inkling of doubt that bleed through.
Exactly but I was not going to say anything. Reservations with plenty of people before the hire. I was going to be supportive and wanted to give he guy a chance. This just proved that they were correct

Wonder if they just resort back to another candidate from the applicant pool? Anybody out there that would be a good fit right now given the circumstances?

They almost would be better off to just run Phillip's system to win some games and get through this season. Then take time and find a good coach. I had heard a lot of things about the coach, but I was trying to be optimistic about the new discipline at the high school.

Wonder if they just resort back to another candidate from the applicant pool? Anybody out there that would be a good fit right now given the circumstances?
From my understanding
They almost would be better off to just run Phillip's system to win some games and get through this season. Then take time and find a good coach. I had heard a lot of things about the coach, but I was trying to be optimistic about the new discipline at the high school.
you are correct with your opinions

Good job Amherst hiring community or who ever in charge first you hire Philips who runs program into ground. Then you hire some nut case (guess that since he couldn't make it three 2 weeks). What's next? What a joke you guys are.

Good job Amherst hiring community or who ever in charge first you hire Philips who runs program into ground. Then you hire some nut case (guess that since he couldn't make it three 2 weeks). What's next? What a joke you guys are.

Phillips ran the program into the ground?

Wikki do you know if the fools hiring these coaches have attempted to talk to guys like Alonzo Mathews, Mike padgett an other who have been in program
Phillips ran the program into the ground?
Yes there where many years he had way more talent that the record showed. I'm not say he should won state but he had talent that could have been contenders.

That's a lot different than running a program into the ground. This coach or admin just ran this program into the ground. Alonzo isn't a teacher and is a great guy but that doesn't equal a head coach..imo. Padgett has 0 interest in the job.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT