ADVERTISEMENT

Amherst Job

Figured, just making sure.

I have no knowledge of the procedure that Amherst follows when hiring coaches, but my guess is that it's similar to what Dinwiddie might do?

The criteria for the job is established.
The open position is advertised.
Applications are first reviewed by HR to be sure the applicants meet the requirements of the advertised position.
The AD, and other Administrative personnel review the applications, and select the applicants that will be interviewed.
An interview panel is established, which will almost certainly be led by the AD, and include the Principal.
The panel makes their recommendations
Perhaps follow up interviews are conducted.
The AD makes his/her recommendation to the Principal, who then makes his/her recommendation to the School Board.

Only the School Board has the authority to hire or terminate a school employee.

If Amherst follows a similar path, there is plenty of culpability to go around.
Think it obvious they weren't that thorough if you hire someone then let them go in 2 weeks might need to look at you approach.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Often times schools will hire a coach, without doing their "homework". They will hire someone just to get position "filled"..
This is true in all sports.
I could write a book on bad coaching hires within VHSL.

Reactions: DivePitchKeep
Not a lot he was supposed to be an assistant coach I do know they are going to let kids come out for the team who were told they could not because they missed summer work outs do to not having a ride. So hopefully the numbers will go up.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Not a lot he was supposed to be an assistant coach I do know they are going to let kids come out for the team who were told they could not because they missed summer work outs do to not having a ride. So hopefully the numbers will go up.

It's a good opportunity to do a complete "re-boot!" Tell all the kids, let's just begin, again. No harm no foul, just a fresh start.

What can you tell us about Coach Crews?
I don’t know that Coach Crews very well but I know his younger brother well. If the elder Crews is anything like his brother then, he is not only a great coach but also a man. I know he was one of only two holdovers from Phillips’ staff so he must really care about the program.

What can you tell us about Coach Crews?

I think coach Crews is a good man. He has been dedicated to the kids and athletes at Amherst for some time. I believe he was the defensive coordinator under Coach Phillips and has helped with the wrestling program for a number of years. He has an incredible task ahead of him and I wish him the very best. Enjoyed talking to you, Navy and One Man the other day and hope to meet up with you guys again.

I don’t know that Coach Crews very well but I know his younger brother well. If the elder Crews is anything like his brother then, he is not only a great coach but also a man. I know he was one of only two holdovers from Phillips’ staff so he must really care about the program.
He will be awesome especially what was handed to him. A great guy and the kids love him. It could turn out to be a great season

I think coach Crews is a good man. He has been dedicated to the kids and athletes at Amherst for some time. I believe he was the defensive coordinator under Coach Phillips and has helped with the wrestling program for a number of years. He has an incredible task ahead of him and I wish him the very best. Enjoyed talking to you, Navy and One Man the other day and hope to meet up with you guys again.

Same here my friend. It was a blast. I hope all of your friends and family from PA are staying safe. Tough weather up there today.

Reactions: Panther80ram
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT