ADVERTISEMENT

Amherst preview

That's one of the negative things that instilling some actual discipline can do. Don't worry, things will pick back up. Charlottesville is the same way, they still barely get 30 players on varsity, but the kids that are playing have completely bought in!

Last edited:
As of now we don't have enough for J.V..From what I heard about 9 Freshmen and Sophmore players..With players and Coaches quitting,it will be a interesting 1st 5 games for Amherst.
As of now we don't have enough for J.V..From what I heard about 9 Freshmen and Sophmore players..With players and Coaches quitting,it will be a interesting 1st 5 games for Amherst.
I guess it will take a year to get it back on track. It was late in the season to get the news of Phillips leaving

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
Last years champion , and this years future champion ! Tough schedule . I hope Amherst is better off than what it appears here. I am sure the coach has a lot on his plate , and is just getting his stuff together, and will get it going

Last years champion , and this years future champion ! Tough schedule . I hope Amherst is better off than what it appears here. I am sure the coach has a lot on his plate , and is just getting his stuff together, and will get it going
I mean Salem is Amherst's first game, not GW.

Reactions: hamspear
Lol sounds like a Curd move to me! Athletic directors should be focused solely on their job! Enough AD talk though. I think Coach Porter wasn't accepted at first but the team that is left has bought in. Don't know about other amherst fans but I'm excited about the season. The team actually HITS/gets after it in practice. Last year I watched practice and the kids were diving at a donut being rolled to simulate tackling drills. If Porter sticks around and has good play calling abilities Amherst will be in the running in 3 or 4 years. Physicality and discipline is what the team lacked previous years, but it seems like that is going to be the new norm.

Lol sounds like a Curd move to me! Athletic directors should be focused solely on their job! Enough AD talk though. I think Coach Porter wasn't accepted at first but the team that is left has bought in. Don't know about other amherst fans but I'm excited about the season. The team actually HITS/gets after it in practice. Last year I watched practice and the kids were diving at a donut being rolled to simulate tackling drills. If Porter sticks around and has good play calling abilities Amherst will be in the running in 3 or 4 years. Physicality and discipline is what the team lacked previous years, but it seems like that is going to be the new norm.
Physicality? If it was one thing Amherst was it was definitely physical! Probably the most physical team in the Seminole the last 2-3 years.

I would say Jefferson Forest and Salem. They had some tough offensive linemen and two tough running backs over the past two years. I just think the new coach is preaching being tougher than your opponent. Poston at staunton river said they hit every day at practice. Although they had some miles on there teams the past years there the results showed on fridays.

I would say Jefferson Forest and Salem. They had some tough offensive linemen and two tough running backs over the past two years. I just think the new coach is preaching being tougher than your opponent. Poston at staunton river said they hit every day at practice. Although they had some miles on there teams the past years there the results showed on fridays.
I’d argue that Amherst was more physical than JF. They were easily the most physical O and D line I saw the last 2 years.

JF would be my vote for second and Salem is not in the Seminole District (as I originally mentioned).

Reactions: MrSir#5
I don't think anybody cares that Phillips left it just people hasn't embrace the new Coach.
Amherst O-Line was physical but the defense was very soft..Also there was more drama at the football field,somebody might have to step in and get control of the situation.
i know, I guess it should be AD and ASAP

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT