ADVERTISEMENT

Amherst schedule this year?

the day LCA fans finds out about these boards is the day fireworks gonna set off up in here. lol, gonna grab popcorn for that.
Met some when they came to GW this year. Let's just say that it won't be pretty if they do. I won't label their whole fan base by the 50+ that was at the game, but I was surprised that they acted the way that they did being a Christian school.

Reactions: AdvocateOfMany434
GW will stay in the Piedmont. Travel and attendance is more favorable. Would not think the Seminole would want GW's basketball program to compete with. GW also likes basketball games with Martinsville, Halifax, MV, and Franklin Co. BTW Danville Sportshead, you will love GW's new Riddell Speed helmets. Top of the line in an awesome silver.
Also, I know that this has nothing to do with the topic but if City Council chooses to renovate JT Christopher, will we finally get a turf field?

Also, I know that this has nothing to do with the topic but if City Council chooses to renovate JT Christopher, will we finally get a turf field?
That is the plan. The study will show what is needed to upgrade the concrete stands, pressbox, and track. It is also supposed to address other community uses for the stadium. The field turf is a central part of the equation. It will be funded as part of a public private partnership. Council is taking it on so the School Board can address other capital issues.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
That is the plan. The study will show what is needed to upgrade the concrete stands, pressbox, and track. It is also supposed to address other community uses for the stadium. The field turf is a central part of the equation. It will be funded as part of a public private partnership. Council is taking it on so the School Board can address other capital issues.
Thanks! The program and the kids really deserves it.

Met some when they came to GW this year. Let's just say that it won't be pretty if they do. I won't label their whole fan base by the 50+ that was at the game, but I was surprised that they acted the way that they did being a Christian school.
I think people forget that as a fan or representative of a Christian school that people are always watching to see how you conduct yourself. There's nothing wrong with enthusiasm and fanaticism, but there are lines for all of us that we sometimes step over.

I've been watching Friday Night Tykes in the offseason and it amazes me how adults behave even in front of little kids. I'm watching Friday Night Lights and football movies, everything in anticipation of the new season. I shouldn't be looking ahead, but I do every year.

I know time flies and I want to be present in the here and now, not caught looking so far ahead that I miss what's right in front of me. As a reminder of how easily that happens, my daughter is set to graduate in a month. She's my youngest and I can still remember her jumping from the top of the steps into my arms with the trust that only a child has. There is no rewind button on time.

I think people forget that as a fan or representative of a Christian school that people are always watching to see how you conduct yourself. There's nothing wrong with enthusiasm and fanaticism, but there are lines for all of us that we sometimes step over.

I've been watching Friday Night Tykes in the offseason and it amazes me how adults behave even in front of little kids. I'm watching Friday Night Lights and football movies, everything in anticipation of the new season. I shouldn't be looking ahead, but I do every year.

I know time flies and I want to be present in the here and now, not caught looking so far ahead that I miss what's right in front of me. As a reminder of how easily that happens, my daughter is set to graduate in a month. She's my youngest and I can still remember her jumping from the top of the steps into my arms with the trust that only a child has. There is no rewind button on time.
The worst that I have ever seen at a HS event does not come near what you see and hear at an NFL game.

Reactions: AdvocateOfMany434

Congrats to your daughter Mike! And I agree with you wholeheartedly. They weren't disrespectful or malicious, they just acted as if they had a chip on their shoulder. Borderline arrogant and cocky. I also seen this with Carlisle School and one of the Christian schools out of NOVA, so I won't single LCA out. I have the upmost respect for LCA and Liberty University and I love that they stand by their morals and rules. I'm glad they get to compete with the local teams. I know you're an alum and I went to private school also, so you know how big it is when you get to play a public school.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Congrats to your daughter Mike! And I agree with you wholeheartedly. They weren't disrespectful or malicious, they just acted as if they had a chip on their shoulder. Borderline arrogant and cocky. I also seen this with Carlisle School and one of the Christian schools out of NOVA, so I won't single LCA out. I have the upmost respect for LCA and Liberty University and I love that they stand by their morals and rules. I'm glad they get to compete with the local teams. I know you're an alum and I went to private school also, so you know how big it is when you get to play a public school.

Will say in there defense they probably have a chip on there shoulder just as we do when it comes to private vs public. As we think atleast i do that they will be the bottom feeders of the Seminole. An they've heard that for year's.

The more i think about it I'm thinking they'll be lucky to get 1 or 2 wins. An those to teams aren't gonna be push overs. Only reason there at the bottom is because how good the top is.

I won't go to pro games anymore. The last Redskins game I went to reminded me of the people you see getting arrested on "Cops". Trashy idiots.
Sadly that is the common experience. Too much alcohol. Have seen women fight. Language worse than the Marine Corps. WiFi and phones will not work. The camp in Richmond is much different. Its free, no alcohol, and you can get real close. It is very good for families except it can get hot, and the toilets are porta johns.

Bon Secours is a good experience. I usually stand along the rope and seems like I have been there on the hottest days. You can bring a cooler, lawn chair and umbrella if you want to take in the action from the hill. I like up close and personal and yelling!

The worst that I have ever seen at a HS event does not come near what you see and hear at an NFL game.
NFL is simply a different thing. Just a lot of stupid people in the world.

But this is HS Football and many of these people are parents or relatives of kids on the field. It's embarrassing when someone loudly belittles a player on the field and you know that kids parent is only two rows away and hears every word. But there's one of these at every game. Heck, there's one of these at every PeeWee game.

I feel it's up to us as fans to not allow it. When one person stands up and directly but diplomatically addresses this, you'd be surprised how many back you up. It just takes someone to take the first step which most are unwilling to do. When suddenly confronted by a dozen Mama's, individuals quickly tow the line.

NFL is simply a different thing. Just a lot of stupid people in the world.

But this is HS Football and many of these people are parents or relatives of kids on the field. It's embarrassing when someone loudly belittles a player on the field and you know that kids parent is only two rows away and hears every word. But there's one of these at every game. Heck, there's one of these at every PeeWee game.

I feel it's up to us as fans to not allow it. When one person stands up and directly but diplomatically addresses this, you'd be surprised how many back you up. It just takes someone to take the first step which most are unwilling to do. When suddenly confronted by a dozen Mama's, individuals quickly tow the line.
i truly witnessed this before.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT