ADVERTISEMENT

Amherst wins

Dec 2, 2007
Amherst earned hard fought victory over LCA. Score was 33-24 but felt closer. LCA good speed at skill positions and good play calling to keep Lancers off balance. However, Amherst owned line of scrimmage and Jordan Woolfolk's 4 TDs were too much for Bulldogs. Amherst gave away 10 points with 2 fumbles and still questionable special teams. LCA may still be a factor in playoffs but they are not quit as good as top 4A teams.

Reactions: Lineheart and wikki
Amherst earned hard fought victory over LCA. Score was 33-24 but felt closer. LCA good speed at skill positions and good play calling to keep Lancers off balance. However, Amherst owned line of scrimmage and Jordan Woolfolk's 4 TDs were too much for Bulldogs. Amherst gave away 10 points with 2 fumbles and still questionable special teams. LCA may still be a factor in playoffs but they are not quit as good as top 4A teams.
Not sure why we didn't pass more need to get turnovers under control but Amherst never gave up

Last edited:
Reactions: OCBoy
I thought we pass to much..LCA couldn't stop the run and you could tell they was getting tired and hurt as the game went on.The 1st LCA score happen because there was no safety against LCA good QB,Amherst made the adjustment after that score.The 2nd LCA score happen cause for some reason Coach called a TO with 3 seconds left before halftime so LCA could set up a 50 yard play.Other than that I thought Amherst had a good game plan.The game was close but those big boys played excellent up front.

Reactions: wikki
I thought we pass to much..LCA couldn't stop the run and you could tell they was getting tired and hurt as the game went on.The 1st LCA score happen because there was no safety against LCA good QB,Amherst made the adjustment after that score.The 2nd LCA score happen cause for some reason Coach called a TO with 3 seconds left before halftime so LCA could set up a 50 yard play.Other than that I thought Amherst had a good game plan.The game was close but those big boys played excellent up front.

I agree lines made all the difference. Turner at Safety seems to be a liability but he should run ball more give Woolfolk and Page a break. Short passes as good as power sweeps. We will add more with each week.

Reactions: Lineheart
I agree lines made all the difference. Turner at Safety seems to be a liability but he should run ball more give Woolfolk and Page a break. Short passes as good as power sweeps. We will add more with each week.
You have to remember this is Turner 2nd game back from a broken leg,he will be factor in the run game as the season goes.When you have a major injury it takes time to gain confidence from coaches and especially for himself.

I know I missed that TD walking to concessions, couldn't believe it. That shouldn't have happened

Good game, get turnovers under control, Amherst never gave up

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT