ADVERTISEMENT

Another thriller in Bluefield as Graham makes history

Oct 13, 2019
For the first time in nearly 100 meetings, over 90 yrs of history, Graham beats Bluefield 14-9 and gets its 3rd win in a row of the 11 time WV State Champion Bluefield Beavers. It was another classic. Sloppy play, sloppy snaps and fumbles on both sides, but Graham pulled it out. The game tonight brought over 11,000 fans in what was another classic. On to the next for the GMen. Graham's first team All State RB and Offensive POY in 2022 Clements got hurt in this game. He was able to walk on it, but will get testing soon. That's a major loss for us if he is out for the season.

Graham just reloads. Nothing's changed up there. When a 2A school is rotating in 10 lineman on both sides of the ball and all 10 are good, it just isn't fair. If Clements is out, Graham I'm sure has somebody that's going to run for another 1500 plus yards.

Reactions: 19GHS87
Graham just reloads. Nothing's changed up there. When a 2A school is rotating in 10 lineman on both sides of the ball and all 10 are good, it just isn't fair. If Clements is out, Graham I'm sure has somebody that's going to run for another 1500 plus yards.
Graham had a ton of mistakes tonight, but as you stated has a lot of potential. They have good size and a lot of depth on the line. just need to get more experience. Looked like a scrimmage for both teams, penalties and mistakes ruled the night. Need to clean up the tackling, the ton of penalties and fumbled snaps.

I'm hoping Clements is o.k. Sophomore Daniel Jennings has a lot of potential for Graham at RB. The multiple botched snaps were very concerning.

Graham had a ton of mistakes tonight, but as you stated has a lot of potential. They have good size and a lot of depth on the line. just need to get more experience. Looked like a scrimmage for both teams, penalties and mistakes ruled the night. Need to clean up the tackling, the ton of penalties and fumbled snaps.
This is one penalty that puzzled me. Pass inference on #16 for Graham.
There’s a picture floating around. I just don’t know how to insert it on here.

Clements severe sprain & not sure how long he’s out. Hughes out for the season according to a family post on FB. Terrible news , hurt on the last play clinching the win for Graham. Good kid , I hate it. Devastating loss for the GMen.

Reactions: 19GHS87
Clements severe sprain & not sure how long he’s out. Hughes out for the season according to a family post on FB. Terrible news , hurt on the last play clinching the win for Graham. Good kid , I hate it. Devastating loss for the GMen.
Hate that for any young person on the field, no matter the sport.

Yes, huge loss for Graham. He is a leader and excellent ball player, perhaps the best all around and most versatile player on Graham's team. He will be hard to replace. Great character and role model for the others too. I'm sure he will do what he can from the sidelines. It'll be interesting to see how the G men respond to last week's fiasco and the loss of Hughes. Best wishes to that young man and hope for a full recovery.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT