ADVERTISEMENT

Another weird weather night at Riverheads

longtimerhsfan

VaPreps All Region
Dec 12, 2006
The Gladiators hosted county rival Wilson this evening and the Big Red was leading 3-0 in the top of the fourth when a rather feisty little windstorm seemed to come from out of nowhere. Everyone ran for their cars as the dust kicked up on the field and the trees started to sway. Turned out to be very little rain associated with it and it all blew over in about 15-20 minutes, so the game could resume.

The Gladiators quickly added three more runs to move ahead 6-0, but Wilson scratched for two in the top of the fifth to make it 6-2. That was where it stood when I left after 5 1/2, and with Wilson only having one more at bat left, I assume the Big Red held on for the win to remain unbeaten. I am sure JH will have his usual recap for us tomorrow.

Fans were also tuning in to the girls game next door, which had its own share of excitement. The teams were tied at 5 heading into the 7th inning. Wilson scored twice in the top half of the 7th to move ahead but the Lady Gladiators rallied for three runs in the bottom half of the frame to take the win 8-7.

Forgot to mention that the Big Red now faces a tough week in which they have back-to-back road games, traveling to Luray on Monday and Stonewall on Tuesday. Due to rainouts, the Gladiators and Bulldogs have yet to face one another this season, so who knows what could happen up there? As for Stonewall, Harlow and Company gave RHS a stern test earlier so that could be a tough one as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT