ADVERTISEMENT

Any banned face masks in High School?

Aug 22, 2012
Just curious if there are any banned face masks in High school football? I believe the NCAA and NFL banned some of the big grille type masks and was wondering if it has trickled down to high school?

A helmet and face mask which met the NOCSAE test standard at the time of manufacture. The face mask shall have a surface covered with resilient material designed to prevent chipping, burrs or abrasiveness and be properly secured to the helmet as designed by the manufacturer.

That's it.

I'll bet there will be a change soon regarding overbuilt facemasks. Surprised it didn't happen this year.

I'll bet there will be a change soon regarding overbuilt facemasks. Surprised it didn't happen this year.

Why. I don't understand the increased danger, if that's the reason.

A helmet and face mask which met the NOCSAE test standard at the time of manufacture. The face mask shall have a surface covered with resilient material designed to prevent chipping, burrs or abrasiveness and be properly secured to the helmet as designed by the manufacturer.

That's it.

I heard that Lacrosse is expensive because the same requirements exist for head gear, etc. as to meeting a standard, and annual testing and refurbishing. True?

NOCSAE is the committee responsible for testing and approving athletic equipment. That includes the helmets, faceguards and balls used in lacrosse. No idea how that effects the cost of those items.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT