ADVERTISEMENT

Any Saturday games this weekend?

FLS lists the following 3A East games for Saturday:
Petersburg at Hopewell
Spotsylvania at Brentsville
Tabb at Phoebus (mentioned above)
Colonial Heights at York

Have a good one!

That spotsylvania Brentsville game might be a good game. I think that's where I'll be...

That's probably the best Saturday game.

Hopewell and Phoebus will be blowouts.

Colonial Heights at York will be interesting. That one could go big either way. York is probably a more fundamentally sound team. But CH has a hot shot running back that will get plenty of yardage.

Another thing that CH has is one of those intangibles we all love to talk about. They have "confidence"! Most of you are probably unaware that they had an amazing comeback last week. Down 24-0 against a pretty decent Petersburg team. And this was late in the third quarter. Time to chunk it in and get the game over with, right? Instead, a come from behind OT victory.

Pretty nice momentum to go into a playoff game. The flip side is Petersburg goes into a playoff game having lost in this manner.

Neither York nor CH is anywhere close to a Hopewell, or Phoebus, or James Monroe, or Magna Vista. But they still play decent football. It will probably be worth the effort to attend if any of you are close enough over that way to catch the game.

My coworkers son plays for Brentsville so I will be supportive

But CH has a hot shot running back that will get plenty of yardage.

Canada from CH was the best back in the Central District this year. Unfortunately, he is done for the season according to one of the news reports I saw. Don't know what the injury is but that is a heart breaker for Col Hgts.

The good thing for them is they made that comeback last week without Canada so they hopefully are carrying some confidence into the game.

Canada from CH was the best back in the Central District this year. Unfortunately, he is done for the season according to one of the news reports I saw. Don't know what the injury is but that is a heart breaker for Col Hgts.

The good thing for them is they made that comeback last week without Canada so they hopefully are carrying some confidence into the game.

Hope it goes well. We have had a lot of players deal with injuries this year. It is heartbreaking for them. They work so hard.

Wow, I hadn't heard that. You are right. That makes their job a lot tougher. He basically is their offense. I would love to know what suddenly changed in that game with Petersburg. I heard CH scored twice in about six seconds to start the ball rolling. It must have rattled Petersburg and they just lost focus. I guess we will see if they kept the magic.

ADVERTISEMENT