ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone wanna take a stab at Class 3 top 5?

Bfootball08

VaPreps Rookie
Nov 19, 2007
I'll go first and may be way off.lol

1.Lake Taylor
2.Lafayette
3.LCA
4.Kettle Run
5.Heritage Lyn

1, Lake Taylor 2, hopewell 3, Heritage 4, Lafayette 5 Lca, 6, Kettle run 7 Heritage Newport News. 8, Brookville 9, Lord Botetourt 10, Petersburg

1. Lake Taylor
2. Hopewell
3. Kettle Run
4. LCA
5. Lafayette

HM: Brookville, Heritage, Brentsville, Botetourt

This year with Phoebus moving up to c4 the Gap between teams at the top are not that far apart, yes lake Taylor has talent but so does hopewell, Lafayette, heritage and some other c3 teams, so I think it will come down to coaching and match ups and seeding in the playoffs along with injuries ect, Other wise we will see what happens.

This year with Phoebus moving up to c4 the Gap between teams at the top are not that far apart, yes lake Taylor has talent but so does hopewell, Lafayette, heritage and some other c3 teams, so I think it will come down to coaching and match ups and seeding in the playoffs along with injuries ect, Other wise we will see what happens.
Couldn't agree with that statement more my friend. With Phoebus now in c4 I believe a number of teams have a shot to win it.

Reactions: 10iceiceice
I forgot about Ic norcom, they also always have talent and athletes. So they will be in the mix also. I just overlooked them.

1 Lake Taylor
2 Hopewell
3 Lord Bot.
4 Kettle Run
5. LCA

HM: Heritage (Lyn), Brookville, Lafayette

Actually they just returned some talent, they return 6'7 receiver I think that quarterback returns and the running back but overall I think that C3 is wide open. And also I think because of there past winning reputation. But like I said earlier the Gap it's not that huge between the top teams in class 3 unless there is a super team with tons of talent, somewhat like a Phoebus the last couple years. Hopewell and lake Taylor plays Sept 8th at hopewell so we'll get a little idea of what's what.

Reactions: Lafayette and OCBoy
I will start by taking a shot at the top teams in each region.

Region A: Lake Taylor, Lafayette, Hopewell, and Norcom.

Region B: Kettle Run, Brentsville, TJ, and Goochland.

Region C: Heritage, LCA, Brookville, and Rustburg.

Region D: LB, Pulaski, Magna Vista, and Christiansburg.

My top 5 right now would be Lake Taylor, Lafayette, Heritage, LCA, and Brentsville. Kettle Run will be good, but they lost a ton of firepower. Each Region should be highly competitive.

Reactions: TJVikings804
I think as I said in a earlier post, C3 is pretty much wide open for 5 to 7 teams to win a championship. The gap between the top teams aren't that great. That's my opinion based on what I know from reading and what teams have returning. But we'll see.

Reactions: BleedingNavy
C4 is loaded and talented but like C3 there are at least 6 or 7 teams that could win the championship from dinwiddie, varina, king George, Phoebus, Salem, Glass, Warwick probably and a couple of more that I left out.

My top 5 right now would be Lake Taylor, Lafayette, Heritage, LCA, and Brentsville. Kettle Run will be good, but they lost a ton of firepower. Each Region should be highly competitive.
Looks the winner will come from either region C or region A. Does Heritage lose a lot?

Injuries as always are unpredictable and crucial. It’s a long 10 game season and near seasons end the bumps snd bruises start to show. Coaching this year will be more critical than ever, the talent is pretty close for a number of teams. No clear dominant team like Phoebus last year.

Agree, as I mentioned in an earlier post I believe most of the top teams aren't that far apart in talent but numbers and players size may play a part also. You may have some c3 schools with 40 to 45 players and some with 25 to 30 players depending on how many kids want to play football and are dedicated to playing the game. And that does make a difference.

Would be very surprised if PC ended up the 2-seed in D. Cburg and MV are noticeably better than PC. Not sure what Bassett returns but they could definitely end up in the top 4 if they didn't lose a lot.

3D tho, whew, what a division. 13 schools and feels like the bottom 6-7 might not combine for 15 wins on the season.

Magna Vista should be very good. No reason they shouldn’t be a 8 win team this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT