ADVERTISEMENT

Appo-glenvar

You guys say your passing game is struggling. Glenvars strength is run defense. Hope for a good game.

I think will be a good game also. My concern for appo is passing game. If they can’t find a little it’s going to be rough. Glenvar is a lot better against the run but not a great offense I’ll say Appo in low scoring game by 6

Hard to figure this one. I just watched Appo and they're good, but not dominant like previous years. Running game is good, nice interior blocking, but passing game is suspect. The defense will overcommit with the right play selections.

I haven't seen Glenvar, but they do not look like they've had trouble with anyone this year except Radford. Don't be fooled, Radford is legit.

I hate to miss this game, but I think I'll stay closer to home in Region B. East Rock vs. Clarke/Buffalo Gap should be good.

I have said numerous times this year it is wide open for the taking , appo does have a strong running game and the line is blocking well , there passing game is hit and miss , glenvar strength is there run defense . Appo has one key ingredient to that , coach smith will find any weakness and attack that and then you have the been there factor , looking for a very close game , could go eaither way , edge to raiders

Should be a very good game and may come down to a few plays late in the game just like last year. Overall, Glenvar's defense is better. If Appo is down in the passing game as the Appo people have said on here, and Glenvar is able to mostly focus on stopping the run, I like our chances.

If I were a betting man I’d stay away from the remaining games in 2C. Very evenly matched IMO. All 4 teams can make a legitimate case for winning the region. I think they all have the talent and athleticism so it will come down to turnovers, coaching adjustments, experience and maybe home field. I made the homer pick in the pickem and went with the Raiders, but can’t say I’m going to be shocked at any of the other 3 advancing. Looking forward to seeing how this one plays out.

Reactions: Hburghokie
I was at Marshall today with my son on a visit and I’m the group I saw a kid with Phillpot. I looked closer and it was Maxx P from Glenvar.
I introduced myself and we talked for a bit. I asked him if they were gonna leave the lights on for us this year. Lol! What a genuinely nice kid he was. Very personable and complementary of our Raiders last year and how they were not what he expected (humility wise) from a team that was on the kinda run we have been blessed to be part of.
Nice kid and I wished him the best...just not this Friday night.

Ok guys let’s get serious about this! We know all about the kid from glenvar he is very good but he will not be able to do it all , was a lot of talk last year also ! Word has it appo will have no problem controlling LOS, would not think glenvar has faced a team like appo this year . I am looking at what Radford did a couple weeks ago and trying to figure out the way this could play out ! Radford beat gretna by 1 , then Radford beat glenvar , appo beat gretna convincingly , has glenvar played anyone else decent this year ?

Yes ! Weather permitting!
Debating if I want to attend this game or Heritage-Brookville Part 2. I have seen both Heritage and Brookville this year but haven't had a chance to see Appo this year. I also want to see the DT from Glenvar. I heard he was a monster!

Debating if I want to attend this game or Heritage-Brookville Part 2. I have seen both Heritage and Brookville this year but haven't had a chance to see Appo this year. I also want to see the DT from Glenvar. I heard he was a monster!
This year's Bees are not very good at all. Pioneers should win easily. Appo-Glenvar should be more entertaining.

Reactions: VolNation85
This year's Bees are not very good at all. Pioneers should win easily. Appo-Glenvar should be more entertaining.
I agree that Heritage should win easily but I live 5 minutes from City Stadium in Lynchburg so I'm not sure I want to make the drive to Salem LOL.

Ok guys let’s get serious about this! We know all about the kid from glenvar he is very good but he will not be able to do it all , was a lot of talk last year also ! Word has it appo will have no problem controlling LOS, would not think glenvar has faced a team like appo this year . I am looking at what Radford did a couple weeks ago and trying to figure out the way this could play out ! Radford beat gretna by 1 , then Radford beat glenvar , appo beat gretna convincingly , has glenvar played anyone else decent this year ?
Stabler. I respect your opinion but this is a bridge too far. Your transitive comparisons are silly.....Last year Giles beat Glenvar and Appo completely demolished Giles about a week or two later...then Appo was fortunate to win a close game against Glenvar and all those people saying it would be a blowout looked like idiots... Glenvar is better this year and matches up very well against Appo so expect another close game.

How does glenvar field look from all the rain ? And is there a chance for rain Friday ?
It looked horrible on Friday so they moved it to Bogle at Cave Spring MIddle where CS and HV play. the week before against Radford there were large puddles on one end of the field not to mention the parts not under water was a mud bog. I don't think they want a repeat of the poor field conditions so I expect they will move the game to Bogle Stadium and artificial turf if there are any issues so every threat each team has will be on the table.

Last edited:
Stabler. I respect your opinion but this is a bridge too far. Your transitive comparisons are silly.....Last year Giles beat Glenvar and Appo completely demolished Giles about a week or two later...then Appo was fortunate to win a close game against Glenvar and all those people saying it would be a blowout looked like idiots... Glenvar is better this year and matches up very well against Appo so expect another close game.
Oh I know intrins I fully expect it to be a very good game and is fully aware that glenvar should be better this year , was at the game last year and know all about that too , I was just trying to get some insight to them this year since haven’t seen them play , may come down to field position and turn overs . I don’t see eaither one blowing the other out as someone suggested last year and I can assure you that wasn’t me !!

Probably will be a mud hole by Friday if it rains much at all this week. I doubt Glenvar would want to move the game to a turf field for obvious reasons.
I'm pretty sure they will move it. Doubt they move it to Salem Stadium. Bogle is free because it is in the school district. Salem is costly. Glenvar played first round at Bogle (Cave Spring/Hidden Valley) last Friday in first round.

Reactions: VolNation85
I agree this game is a three yards and mud pie game. I feel if Appo plays short, quick passes early to loosen the defense, Glenvar will back off enough to respect it. Best game plan is Glenvar O. They are at home and big momentum with any positive play. Just as was said, this Appo team is not like the other previous versions and it may be too much to ask a young QB to make enough efficient plays with arm and legs. Weather will be biggest factor.

Glenvar by 5 or 6. Score 25-20.

Oh I know intrins I fully expect it to be a very good game and is fully aware that glenvar should be better this year , was at the game last year and know all about that too , I was just trying to get some insight to them this year since haven’t seen them play , may come down to field position and turn overs . I don’t see eaither one blowing the other out as someone suggested last year and I can assure you that wasn’t me !!
Actually I heard it more from the Giles fans than anyone from Appo. They were stunned when they learned about how close it was.

Reactions: Stabler1980
I agree. Turnovers and scoring in the red zone will be the biggest factors.

Appo will not control the line of scrimmage nor will they get to bring their officiating crew. But I still say they win on Glenvar lack of Offense
Your right. They are 3 time state champs and 54-2 over the past few years because of their officiating crew.
I’m sure there were calls missed or made that could have hurt or benifitted both teams.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT