ADVERTISEMENT

Appo-LCA Benefit game

VolNation85

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Nov 29, 2013
I can't believe no one is talking about this game tonight...

Any updates?

That's because no one on this board thinks Lca can compete, well they might want to open their eyes bc it's coming. Great game it was 28-24 ay half with Appomattox winning, #14 had two td catches and a punt return for a td and #1 had a rushing td. But that's all they would score. Lca came out the second and half and just pounded the ball and the line just smashed them. Appomattox had guys cramping up and asking to get out. Lca ended up with 6 rushing tds and won 45-28. Seminole better watch out bc the Lca bulldogs are for real.

Appomattox played lots of second and third string in 2nd half and that's when LCA went to town with their first string.
Appo has lots to work on that's fir sure.
Lca went up by 10 in the 3rd quarter and that's when appo but in back ups. #1,#14, and #12 kept cramping up and leaving the game

No. Some back ups started going in on second drive of second half. Not all, but at key positions, I know we had three differant quarterbacks in on three consecutive plays.
Either way Appo has a lot of things to work on.

Typical LCA fan... yall a trip! You have no business even in vhsl. Got D1 recruits and here u go beating ya chest at a scrimmage that u kept starters in all game when we sent out starters after halftime. If moo moo was on field this yr as our senior back up QB, yall would've been in trouble all game long.

Reactions: wikki
Typical LCA fan... yall a trip! You have no business even in vhsl. Got D1 recruits and here u go beating ya chest at a scrimmage that u kept starters in all game when we sent out starters after halftime. If moo moo was on field this yr as our senior back up QB, yall would've been in trouble all game long.
I agree and I can't stand them

That's because no one on this board thinks Lca can compete, well they might want to open their eyes bc it's coming. Great game it was 28-24 ay half with Appomattox winning, #14 had two td catches and a punt return for a td and #1 had a rushing td. But that's all they would score. Lca came out the second and half and just pounded the ball and the line just smashed them. Appomattox had guys cramping up and asking to get out. Lca ended up with 6 rushing tds and won 45-28. Seminole better watch out bc the Lca bulldogs are for real.
If they used their 1st stringers the entire time and Appomattox didn't, how does that prove anything

Typical Seminole district/vhsl fans can never give credit when due, always looking for an excuse. If you watched Lca last night, with small number you would know there's not a single d1 recruit out there. There are a few who if have a good season might see some fcs offers but y'all talk bout stuff you really have no clue about. Appo put in back ups bc most of their stars were cramping. But for those who were at the game last night would all agree on who was the better team. Appo scored on a punt return, 2 long passes and 1 long run other than that the offense didn't move the ball at all. And the Appomattox couldn't stop the Lca offense. But appo is well coached and a good team and I hope they run 2a and go 15-0 and bring back another trophy to the area

But it was 28-24 at half? First vs firsts? Pretty good showing, I'd say. Yes, it's a scrimmage, but it does tell you these teams match up well.

As far as LCA in the VHSL, I think they should be able to play. They're kids that want to play football. They want to play with a high level of competition. There just aren't many private schools in the area that even have football teams. For me, it's about the kids. I want their players to have the same opportunity to play football on a level that challenges them without having to travel ridiculous distances. It's about the kids.

Yeah I find it funny as well. They got thumped physically last week at Pulaski County in both of their scrimmages. The coaches "cried" the whole scrimmage because of the rain and field conditions. They (LCA) could not even get a snap off. They may have a good year but others in attendance and myself was not impressed with them. I actually expected more. The fact PC man handled them speaks volumes because they are not that impressive themselves, have line issues and need a lot of work.

Didn't magna Vista dominate that scrimmage? Salem 49. Magna Vista 7. Can we take anything from these scrimmages? Probably not

After attending both the Heritage and LCA benefit games, I believe LCA is going to compete and be over .500 in Seminole district play this year. LCA was big and physical on the lines, and very solid fundamentally. They will struggle with the teams with good lines and speed, so Heritage and maybe Glass/Amherst.

LCA had no answer for Appo's passing game, but did well against run. Appo's defense was nowhere near what they were the last couple years, not too good in the front 7, and LCA just ran it down the field on long, sustained drives the whole night.

1v1 Appo was ahead in the first half, but even if they stayed in, in that style game LCA would have wore them down and pulled ahead late.

Right now, the Heritage vs Appo matchup may not be as good as the hype. Heritage's line is similar to LCA, and they have speed to match up with Appo. They couldn't stop LCA run game, La La and co. will run all over them.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Didn't magna Vista dominate that scrimmage? Salem 49. Magna Vista 7. Can we take anything from these scrimmages? Probably not
You're right you can't take anything from these scrimmages.... Magna Vista went 2-1, Pulaski 2-1, Radford 2-1 and LCA 0-3. Magna Vista beat Pulaski, Pulaski beat Radford, and Radford beat Magna Vista.... but the scrimmages are not about winning or losing!!

Last edited:
Typical Seminole district/vhsl fans can never give credit when due, always looking for an excuse. If you watched Lca last night, with small number you would know there's not a single d1 recruit out there. There are a few who if have a good season might see some fcs offers but y'all talk bout stuff you really have no clue about. Appo put in back ups bc most of their stars were cramping. But for those who were at the game last night would all agree on who was the better team. Appo scored on a punt return, 2 long passes and 1 long run other than that the offense didn't move the ball at all. And the Appomattox couldn't stop the Lca offense. But appo is well coached and a good team and I hope they run 2a and go 15-0 and bring back another trophy to the area
Still if Appomattox took out their first stringers because of cramping, isn't the same as playing their first team the entire game.

Reactions: Stabler1980
LCA has no answer for the passing game and it's just a scrimmage game but come on now this guys is pounding his chest after that! Herd GW looked really good against DR ! Way to go LCA you really proved something ! 6and 4 at best for them in a tough Seminole!!

haterade.jpg

Anyone????

LCA has no answer for the passing game and it's just a scrimmage game but come on now this guys is pounding his chest after that! Herd GW looked really good against DR ! Way to go LCA you really proved something ! 6and 4 at best for them in a tough Seminole!!
I know, not good, I hope they get pounded

Reactions: Stabler1980
As everyone on here knows I am a huge high school football fan and a raider supporter, coach smith will use that scrimmage to help this team go far , they are on a remarkable run and they should enjoy every moment of it , good to luck to the raiders on this season , and good luck to all the teams for injury free year and success!!

Kids will be kids, and excitement after a play is normal. But never when it is obviously meant to demean the opposing player or team.

I've always thought the best way to say, "here, take that", is by finishing the play like it was no big deal, just another day at the office.

Another action that serves a similar purpose is to reach down and offer a hand to the guy you just ran over. In a way, it gets in the head of the guy on the ground. Plus, and more importantly, it just demonstrates class.

I'm not sure what actually went on at this scrimmage, but anything less than fairness and good sportsmanship was sending the wrong message to the kids.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT