9/24 DanRiver
10/1 @Altavista
10/8 Gretna
10/15 @Nelson
10/22 Chatham
10/29 @William Campbell
11/5 Bye
11/12 Playoffs begin.

Heritage and Lord Botetout will be big games that will push them (win or lose) and make them better come playoffs.
Likely to scrimmage LCA as well which took Lord Botetout to the buzzer in the state semi final in 3A.

Numbers will come into play for that game. It's early in our schedule so lots of positions are still be figured out by the coaches and players.
The past couple years with us both being good, the team with the most numbers to draw from simply won out.
In 2015 and 2016 we were just simply the better team.
2017 both teams were very good still but like I said the numbers won out, plus you were very good. (I think yall played for the 3A title that year).
2018 we were winning at halftime until you guys pulled ahead.
2019 you whopped us pretty hard but that combined with the whooping Buckingham handed us got the kids heads straight to run the table the rest of the season.

Always a good game.

Thats the kind of schedule to get the team ready for playoffs, i love it and wish we had another real tough team. We may get whooped up on some but you dont have to go undefeated to win in the playoffs even if you give up home field advantage. Who plays LB first the Raiders or Riverheads?

8/27 @ Buckingham
9/3 Rustburg (3A)
9/10 @Heritage (3A) went to playoffs
9/17 Lord Botetout (3A runner up)
9/24 DanRiver
10/1 @Altavista
10/8 Gretna
10/15 @Nelson
10/22 Chatham
10/29 @William Campbell
11/5 Bye
11/12 Playoffs begin.

Heritage and Lord Botetout will be big games that will push them (win or lose) and make them better come playoffs.
Likely to scrimmage LCA as well which took Lord Botetout to the buzzer in the state semi final in 3A.
This is the toughest non-district schedule Appomattox has ever faced at least since I started announcing the radio play-by-play for The Raiders in 1981. Playing 3 Class 3 teams will give Coach Smith's squad a very high VHSL Rating. Buckingham County would have probably been the third best team in Class 2 this past season if the Knights had not opted out due to COVID-19. The Raiders have a axe to grind- and win back- when they visit Buckingham on August 27.

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
Buckingham would have been exceptional, unfortunately for those kids they will never know how good they could have been.
I wish we could get another Seminole team on the schedule but as I understand it you are locked into playing all the Dogwood teams.

Doesn’t Buckingham still have those playmakers coming back? If I remember correctly, they were very young.
I might be wrong, but i could have sworn Buckingham was going to be loaded this year with seniors so they may lose alot of great play makers come fall. I'm sure BK can shed some light on this when he comes on. It's a shame they did not play this year i hope it wont too adversely affect their program this fall.

I might be wrong, but i could have sworn Buckingham was going to be loaded this year with seniors so they may lose alot of great play makers come fall. I'm sure BK can shed some light on this when he comes on. It's a shame they did not play this year i hope it wont too adversely affect their program this fall.
Pretty sure most of those guys are seniors this year. They would have been a handful in football and basketball this year.

We will lose a bunch of seniors but the Knights will still be talented this fall. This group is the start of the 1st group I coach in youth league they are very talented. We have some Jr's that started 2 years ago on both sides coming back and we have some very talented freshman and sophomores coming back. The Knights will not be an easy task for no one this year. We have alot of talent. The JV group should be very difficult play this year.

We will lose a bunch of seniors but the Knights will still be talented this fall. This group is the start of the 1st group I coach in youth league they are very talented. We have some Jr's that started 2 years ago on both sides coming back and we have some very talented freshman and sophomores coming back. The Knights will not be an easy task for no one this year. We have alot of talent. The JV group should be very difficult play this year.
You got that big RB back if I remember correct. The one that broke his ankle in the game against us two years ago.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT