ADVERTISEMENT

Appomattox starts "round 2"

Bo Bob

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Dec 1, 2016
While the first game was won 42-6 I think the QB for Altavista had more yards than the Raiders would have liked to give up.
He is fast for sure (state champion in the 60 meter dash this year) so he will get some yards if he is able to get outside on you.
Hard to motivate a team to play another team the second time around when they beat them by 36 points the first time.
The Raiders need to set goals of "points by half time" and "amount of yards allowed by half time"

I think you may start seeing some starters playing more in the second half (if this does in fact become ugly). Unfortunately the Raiders are put in a hard position. They either play football and run their offense for 4 quarters and possibly make some ugly scores or they call off the dogs if they get up big by half. The later of those options though doesn't help them to be the best team they can be come playoffs.
In saying all that though, they could roll into any of these game over confident and get a burnt.

Hate that this is their schedule. So wish we could see if anyone in the Seminole is in need of a game.

Last edited:
While the first game was won 42-6 I think the QB for Altavista had more yards than the Raiders would have liked to give up.
He is fast for sure (state champion in the 60 meter dash this year) so he will get some yards if he is able to get outside on you.
Hard to motivate a team to play another team the second time around when they beat them by 36 points the first time.
The Raiders need to set goals of "points by half time" and "amount of yards allowed by half time"

I think you may start seeing some starters playing more in the second half (if this does in fact become ugly). Unfortunately the Raiders are put in a hard position. They either play football and run their offense for 4 quarters and possibly make some ugly scores or they call off the dogs if they get up big by half. The later of those options though doesn't help them to be the best team they can be come playoffs.
In saying all that though, they could roll into any of these game over confident and get a burnt.

Hate that this is their schedule. So wish we could see if anyone in the Seminole is in need of a game.
Your absolutely right and i for one do not like scores being run up. But what choice do you have when your trying to be ready for playoffs.

Tough situation Pittsylvania County put the rest of the Dogwood teams in. Not that Gretna and Chatham would’ve been that much better than Altavista, WC and Nelson, but at least the Raiders would’ve gotten a good competitive game out of Dan River. It’s unfortunate that Appo couldn’t get a game outside of the 3 teams that they’re playing twice.

Reactions: oldfool2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT