ADVERTISEMENT

Appomattox vs Buckingham

I think the Knights will put up good fight this time around. We led Halifax 17-6 in the 4th before taking the starters out. Our defense held them to 6 offensive plays the entire 1st half and held the ball for nearly 20 minutes in the 1st half. I don't know how good Halifax really is but they a much bigger school and probably not as talented as Appomattox but the Knights are healthy and a young experienced team. I think it will be a good one. At least I hope it is.

Reactions: moto138
If the line play holds up it should be a good game. If not, Buckingham might be chopping wood.

Leaving home in a few minutes for the game. I hope all players go home injury free tonight. The Raiders are going to roll the knights!

Reactions: BCKnights
Leaving home in a few minutes for the game. I hope all players go home injury free tonight. The Raiders are going to roll the knights!
Have to congratulate Buckingham for a great win tonight, they are tough. I hope the injuries tonight are minor.

Reactions: BCKnights
Broken ankle for our big back. He is a major blow on both sides. Only a sophomore. We only have 5 seniors and 3 doesn't start.

Reactions: moto138
This was surprising. Is Buckingham that good or did Appo have TOs/mistakes?
The Knights are for real. 95% of this game was played on Appomattox side of the field. We were bigger up front and we dominated their offensive line. They did put together 3 outstanding defensive stands inside the 10 in the 1st half. Second half I think we wore them down with that 1st drive. Hope the QB Tre Lawing is ok he left on their 1st possession of the second half with what looks like a concussion. Other than Appomattox second drive we really dominated this game.

Congrats to Buckingham on the win last nite . I watched the game online and they did dominate the game at the line of scrimmage for sure . The one thing I saw was there is not if any of a passing game , hopefully that will come as they move forward. Good luck to them the rest of the way .

Graham has lost on opening night 3 years in a row now
Right....Graham was capable of winning last night. Sloppy play on both sides, good TDs called back, horrible officiating, game wasn't over until nearly 11pm. First game definitely doesn't determine the eventual outcome of a season. Last year is case & point.

Certainly can't tell after the 1st week, but this Region could be very interesting with the addition of Buckingham. Not picking a winner, but Buckingham certainly impressed 1st week. Just imagine the winner of Bull Run, winner of Shenandoah (of the 2a teams) and Buckingham.

Almost 3 hrs by car from Clarke to Buckingham. So with the addition there are bound to be some REALLY long games

Richlands was 2014 i think to Gate City. They ended up playing again in the playoffs in a thriller where Richlands won 35-28.

Certainly can't tell after the 1st week, but this Region could be very interesting with the addition of Buckingham. Not picking a winner, but Buckingham certainly impressed 1st week. Just imagine the winner of Bull Run, winner of Shenandoah (of the 2a teams) and Buckingham.

Almost 3 hrs by car from Clarke to Buckingham. So with the addition there are bound to be some REALLY long games

Nothing different than the old region B before they changed things. Clarke had to make the trip down to Gretna (3:23) years ago in the old Region B. Just some teams switched regions from the old days (Gretna now C for example).

Nothing different than the old region B before they changed things. Clarke had to make the trip down to Gretna (3:23) years ago in the old Region B. Just some teams switched regions from the old days (Gretna now C for example).

I know, still sucks for those areas. And it actually was worse when we went to the East/West. I don't remember who it was, but some team had like a 5 hr drive to go to 1 seed and lose by like 60

Boy who would have thought we’d be here when this thread was active!!!
I was thinking same thing 2 weeks ago! Salute to coaching staff and players for seeing the light at end of tunnel they kept chasing!
Shooot if buckingham didnt lose their QB this yr in playoffs, we might be talking about a different game this week

Last edited:
I was hoping for it. My axe is broken so i was gonna steal it back if i had to. Lol was really hoping to play them again.

Reactions: AdvocateOfMany434
ADVERTISEMENT