ADVERTISEMENT

Appomattox vs Heritage

My opinion.....Heritage is just too big and fast for Appomattox this year. Not sure the score but going to be at least 14 point win.

Your right...this game will feature the 2017 state champion from 2a and 3a. Calling it now...

Right now, I agree with you. On paper, Heritage has the players and the coaching staff to go all the way this year. Appomattox has put together a great program the past few years, and they have the winning formula. I hope and pray they stay healthy!

Is heritage bigger on the line across the board than LCA? And they had a really good running back and the raiders won that half with them ! I know it was a scrimmage but they matched up well and they could not stop graves on the edges so look for him to have a explosive game and the heritage running back who is all world will get hit hard often , let's see how that works out ! Raiders will score often and win this one going away !! Heritage will have a hard time with LCA !!!! They just won't be able to Handle the speed coming at them and Bradley will be running up and down the sideline saying someone catch that guy omg

Is heritage bigger on the line across the board than LCA? And they had a really good running back and the raiders won that half with them ! I know it was a scrimmage but they matched up well and they could not stop graves on the edges so look for him to have a explosive game and the heritage running back who is all world will get hit hard often , let's see how that works out ! Raiders will score often and win this one going away !! Heritage will have a hard time with LCA !!!! They just won't be able to Handle the speed coming at them and Bradley will be running up and down the sideline saying someone catch that guy omg
Stabler you have said what I was thinking also but I don't kkep up with football too much so I tend to not make my mark as bold as I should sometimes.

Reactions: DemRaiders
Pioneer if it goes any other way and I eat my words I will be the first one to say good job but to be the champ you have to beat the champ and then you have to deal with the PO1 hope you will be there the pregame Appo does will raise the hair on your arms and make everyone forget what's going on this world for a few mins , so it will be fun eather way !!

Right now, I agree with you. On paper, Heritage has the players and the coaching staff to go all the way this year. Appomattox has put together a great program the past few years, and they have the winning formula. I hope and pray they stay healthy!
you hit the nail on the head. Staying healthy worries me with this team. Without a strong backup QB that can play that position with poise concerns me with Appomattox. I know we have Scruggs playing both sides of the ball and Im not "in the know" anymore with my move, but I dont see a quality back up with Senior Moo Moo Slaughter (whom was a great Safety on D as well) not playing this year. I see Graves going to QB if Scruggs goes down. Just a random thought that concerns me with Appo.

you hit the nail on the head. Staying healthy worries me with this team. Without a strong backup QB that can play that position with poise concerns me with Appomattox. I know we have Scruggs playing both sides of the ball and Im not "in the know" anymore with my move, but I dont see a quality back up with Senior Moo Moo Slaughter (whom was a great Safety on D as well) not playing this year. I see Graves going to QB if Scruggs goes down. Just a random thought that concerns me with Appo.
Off hand I don't see graves moving to QB in a have to situation. However, I have faith Doug has a plan in mind. Doug has done a great job at putting the younger guys in and developing them. This was very evident at the scrimmage game with LCA where winning was not the focus. Just my opinion and that's all it is an opinion.

Darn shame they Can't play at diff stadium Appo place is small and the away side is a joke .

Oldfool you are 100 percent correct about the fan support for Heritage. It is like a road game every time they play. I know I will be there to support my pioneer's. Feeling good about Friday.

Reactions: oldfool
Appomattox is not a good venue. Parking is a problem now that they are a good team, unless one gets there early. For some reason, I have never liked their entrance gate. Wish this game was at City Stadium

Reactions: HokieTDTech
Appomattox is not a good venue. Parking is a problem now that they are a good team, unless one gets there early. For some reason, I have never liked their entrance gate. Wish this game was at City Stadium
Won't argue with you about parking, but seriously I goto all the away games and it's as bad or worse everywhere else.

Won't argue with you about parking, but seriously I goto all the away games and it's as bad or worse everywhere else.

There's very few good venues in high school football in the area. Amherst is good, Altavista is good. Brookville is fair. Wm Campbell is fair. LCA is the best, but they play at LU, not really on school grounds .

There's very few good venues in high school football in the area. Amherst is good, Altavista is good. Brookville is fair. Wm Campbell is fair. LCA is the best, but they play at LU, not really on school grounds .
If you really want to see bad head out to SWVA, now a lot of them are major jokes. Baseball/football field !

I'm a Bedford county guy. All 3 of our high schools have good parking, good fields, horrible visitors bleachers, horrible bathroom facilities. Staunton River, Jefferson Forest and Liberty. If I ever hit a major lottery that would be on my charity list major upgrades for all 3 schools. Stadiums, facilities, equipment everything with hopes of making it so attractive that all the little guys want to be on that stage one day. Maybe participation would go way up.

Why is Moo Moo not playing this year?

Our vistor bleachers are 100% better than Buckingham or Cumberland !!
I thought we had decent parking with that whole fat lot at the high school but I guess not.

Reactions: oldfool
The joke is how few heritage fans come to a game. Appo fans outnumbered heritage at City Stadium by atleast 2 to 1 last year.
I hate to say this but I bet Heritage will not fill the visitor side, it is sad

If u want to see inferior facilities go East of highway 29.

I forgot to mention Giles. They have good stadium. One of best around. Martinsville is also good.
Giles has a great stadium. I like it! I hear Richlands has the best though in 2A, but they did drop down so they had to carry more bleachers when they were 3A. Altavista is good for being 1A.

Our vistor bleachers are 100% better than Buckingham or Cumberland !!
I thought we had decent parking with that whole fat lot at the high school but I guess not.
Buckingham has the worst field and stadium I have seen in 2A thus far. I remember 2 years ago. At halftime, a dude was walking around thowing sand in holes in field. Sad thing is they upgraded the bleachers from wood to small metal ones a couple years ago. Them wooden ones had me scared every time I went to step down them. Sorry, BCknights, nothing but love man...lol

Come on....Cumberland....a 1A team that thrives to be relevant. Nah, they dont need to invest in that. Put that money elsewhere. Cumberland will probably stay independent like Nelson for a long time. Nelson actually has a decent stadium with a lot of seating.

I just remember going to s game at Cumberland and being scared to death the bleachers were gonna flip over. The rocked and shifted every time someone moved. Bad seating is one thing, dangerous seating is another.

My prediction : Appomattox / PO1 35 Heritage 28............. Late score by the Raiders at home...... PO1 is more than a slogan. Something special for real.
If last years team was one of the best teams that came through Appomattox and we squeaked by with at QB that was not their starter....it was 29-21 and came down to last minutes to decide the fate of that game. I told several coaches at appomattox that if they had a qb that could see the field last year....We would have got beat easily. That TE and several WRs was open all night long that game. They only wanted to throw it to WR Snead because the QB had tunnel vision. I call it the way it is. That is the reason Richlands scared me so much because if anyone seen Heritage vs Appo last year, they knew we had a weakness at DB.

Reactions: newleather
Old fool is telling the truth. Heritage has a horrible following. Last year we had 2x their fans in stadium, maybe 3x at the City Stadium???
Then imagine what they will not bring to Appomattox. I would be surprised if they filled it, if so, it will other fans just wanting to see a good game

Reactions: AdvocateOfMany434
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT