ADVERTISEMENT

April Soccer

CallMeCoach19

VaPreps Varsity
Mar 27, 2010
Lots to report.
Buckingham 0-3 Amelia
Richlands 5-1 Marion: Maybe that Graham game will be a good one afterall.
Gate City 2-1 Union
Stuarts Draft 1-5 Stonewall Jackson
Central 4-5 John Battle
Lebanon 4-0 Grundy
Glenvar 4-0 Carroll County
Chatham 0-1 Patrick Co.
Radford 1-0 Alleghany: WHAT?
Wytheville 3-2 Grayson
Nandua 4-0 Kellam
Martinsville 4-2 Tunstall: Mville getting it done well.

Martinsville 5-4 Franklin Co.: This is a huge win for the Bulldogs. Loads of points in this for them. Too bad we aren't in conferences anymore. But I still think this will be a huge factor in postseason.
Dan River 2-0 Chatham: I think the Dogwood is played enough to say it is Nelson's to lose at this point.

Martinsville 4-2 Magna Vista: Another quality win for the Bulldogs. I think they may take the 1 spot at Region. Just the number of large schools they play.
George Wythe (1A) 4-1 Fort Chiswell
Richlands 8-0 Tazewell
VA High 3-2 Grayson
George Mason 11-0 Strasburg: Dang!
RE Lee 8-0 Page County
Central 0-1 Ridgeview

NOT 2A but since y'all are the only soccer board on here at all thought I share it.
The Charlottesville boys broke Albemarle's 24 game win streak with a 3-1 win tonight. It also marked Albemarle's first home loss since 2017.

Reactions: CallMeCoach19
Some good games last night.
Martinsville 5-0 Patrick Co.: No shot at Martinsville (they did play last night), but I thought this would be a 8-0 game.
James River 4-1 Carroll County: I can't really get a bead on JR this season.
Nelson Co. 6-4 Fort Defiance: Interesting final score. Good win for Nelson as well. Region C is shaping up to be very interesting. (See next score)
Blacksburg 1-0 Radford: WOW! I know it is still a loss, but it is a loss to Blacksburg by one! Not the Blacksburg team from years past, but still...WOW!

Pulaski 2-0 Radford: Had a buddy text me the following: "Watching Radford tonight. Not impressed at all." I am not buying into that too much because after looking over their roster, I'm betting they don't sub much. So those kids were beat after a dogfight against Blacksburg the night before.

Giles 8-1 Carroll County
Graham 7-0 VA High: Only Graham's fourth game of the season. They are gonna be backend loaded.
James River 4-1 Alleghany
Bruton 5-0 Middlesex
Central 0-2 Honaker

A bunch of games were moved Friday. Not sure about getting many in today with all of the rain lately.
Mason 8-0 Rapp Co.
Richlands 8-0 Grundy
Bruton 0-4 York
Graham 6-2 Galax (I think 1A will get a good shakeup this season)
Union 3-0 Central

Radford 0-8 Giles: Yikes, went to this one because I had heard all season how Radford was a real contender. Not at all. They have talent to be sure, but it is placed on the field in such a way that there is no balance. I should have gone to Christiansburg v. Salem.
Tazewell 2-1 Fort Chiswell
Auburn (1A) 4-0 Grayson
Wilson Memorial 8-0 Buffalo Gap
Stonewall Jackson 8-1 Luray
Central 6-0 Madison Co.
Gate City 1-0 Ridgeview
Appomattox 3-2 Chatham
Dan River beat Tunstall (a solid win for them). However, I completely forgot the score and don't feel a need to look it up again. Mascot Memorizer can help us, I'm sure.

Reactions: MascotMemorizer
Radford 0-8 Giles: Yikes, went to this one because I had heard all season how Radford was a real contender. Not at all. They have talent to be sure, but it is placed on the field in such a way that there is no balance. I should have gone to Christiansburg v. Salem.
Tazewell 2-1 Fort Chiswell
Auburn (1A) 4-0 Grayson
Wilson Memorial 8-0 Buffalo Gap
Stonewall Jackson 8-1 Luray
Central 6-0 Madison Co.
Gate City 1-0 Ridgeview
Appomattox 3-2 Chatham
Dan River beat Tunstall (a solid win for them). However, I completely forgot the score and don't feel a need to look it up again. Mascot Memorizer can help us, I'm sure.

Dan River won 5-0. Game was moved from Tunstall to Ringgold. Sophomore Noah Herndon had two goals, freshman Nathan Blevins had a goal, and junior team captains Ethan Lewis and Luke White each had a goal against the Trojans. DR girls also won 2-0 over Tunstall to move to 4-1-1 on the season.

OK, here are a few good ones.

Marion 4-1 VA High: Unexpected, but a good result for Marion.
Martinsville 2-0 Bassett: I think Region C top spot is nearly a lock.
Pulaski 3-0 Radford: And the shutouts keep rolling onto the Bobcats.
Nelson Co. 9-0 Madison Co.
Buffalo Gap 3-2 Luray: I don't often get to post Buff Gap wins on here. Good for them!
Richlands 4-0 Lebanon: I think Richlands will take Region D this season. The Tourney??? No, but the regular season.
Deep Run 6-3 Maggie Walker
Graham 11-1 Tazewell
Probably a few other games out there, but those were the scores readily available.

Not much played last night.
Dan River 3-2 Appomattox: DR is doing fairly well this season. I certainly think they will be a decent seed at Region. Nelson may be too big a task right now though.
Bruton 0-2 Warhill

Also in Region D Richlands and Graham face off tonight I believe. This should be the first of the two games to decide not only the district but the 1 spot in region. I know they have a district tournament as well for seeding still, but I have a feeling we will see who is legit in regular play this year.

Shew not much left for month two. Many schools are on the down slope with 7-5 games left.
Appomattox 1-3 Halifax
Abingdon 8-0 VA High (And this is the 3rd best team in Region D)
Ridgeview 1-0 Union
Radford 5-2 Carroll County
Graham 2-0 Richlands: Short of Graham taking a loss to Galax, I think this will be the district winner
Martinsville 2-1 Patrick County

Mason 7-0 Madison County
RE Lee 4-0 Stonewall Jackson: Tied their closest game of the season. Lee is running people over week after week
Graham 10-1 Lebanon
Marion 7-1 Tazewell
Martinsville 5-3 Bassett: I read that the Bulldogs hadn't beaten Bassett in 7 years. They have done it twice in a weeks time now...Dang!
Union 8-0 Honaker: Yet Honaker will still make Region semis in 1A.
Nelson and Dan River played (by far the game I was most curious about...can't find a score.

Boys Soccer
Nelson County 6, Dan River 1
NC 3 3 6
DR 0 1 1

Score was 1-0 Nelson until the final 15 minutes of the first half, Governors scored twice before half ended. Governors scored three more times in 2nd half before DR's Ethan Lewis scored on a penalty kick.

Girls Soccer
Nelson County 4, Dan River 3 - OT
NC 1 2 1 0 6
DR 0 3 0 0 1

This was a great game, the Lady Wildcats are much improved from last season. NC led 1-0 at half and DR played the entire second half without senior captain Bethany Strader. Despite this, the Wildcats played inspired soccer and actually took the lead at 3-2 on junior captain Lauren McFalls' 2nd goal of the game. The Lady Governors scored with like 12 minutes left in regulation to tie the game at 3. NC scored the game-winning goal midway thru the first OT period.

Ridgeview boys beat John Battle 1-0 last night in Sugar Hollow. Wolfpack are looking decent and should make their first Region 2D tournament this year.

I can't figure out how to show a picture, but I (unofficially) ran the numbers for Region 2C Girls Soccer (which is ranked by average points - 6 for win, 3 for tie, plus 1 point for every "A" above), and this is what I've got through last night:

1) Appomattox (5.33)
2) Radford (4.83)
3) James River (4.42)
4) Giles (4.33)
5) Glenvar (4.14)
6) Dan River (3.75)
7) Chatham (3.57)
8) Nelson (3.25)
9) Martinsville (2.89)
10) Floyd (1.89)

Most teams have played 8 or 9 games. Good luck to everyone in the final month of the regular season!

Thanks, Steve. I hope to do the boys at some point. It can be hard to do I know when many schools don't report scores...ever.
Last night:
Dan River 7-1 Altavista: DR may be getting themselves into a good spot for Region. I don't think they can get into the top 4, but I see them as a solid 5/6.
Glenvar 4-1 Radford: What is going on with the Bobcats??? Go Glenvar! But what in the world!? Radford may be a very strong 8 seed by the end of regular season.
Appomattox 10-0 Galileo
Nelson 8-0 Chatham: There is a chance that Nelson and Giles will end up tied in points and average at seasons end for second in region. Does it go to GD after that? That sounds too legitimate for VHSL.

Graham 3-0 Marion: I think the Southwest District is pretty well wrapped up for Graham. If not in regular season, in tournament for sure. Richlands could still take it if they hold out.
Fort Chiswell 2-0 Grayson: I only post because someone will get Fort in round 1
Martinsville 3-0 Tunstall: This is a team I really want to get out and see this season. That Travis kid is playing lights out.
Glenvar 3-0 Carroll County (4A): Glenvar may come in 2nd in the Three Rivers. I have those standings to post later today on a different thread.
Maggie Walker 8-0 Henrico (4A?) the dragons are having a nice season.
Jamestown 12-0 Bruton: Ouch
Radford 5-0 Alleghany: Maybe the bobcats are dead after all.
Central 2-0 Strasburg: And that is the Central in the East.

Abingdon 9-1 Ridgeview
GM 6-0 Clarke Co.
Dan River 7-0 Galileo

A bunch of folks had to postpone on Friday.

Giles 3-1 Radford: Some personnel changes were a huge help to Radford. Giles played slow and lazy. Interesting enough the have brought in an assistant coach in Radford who seems to be running the show there. Odd.
Glenvar 1-0 James River: Glenvar plugging away to really make the Region top 4.

Galax 6-0 Grayson Co.
Nelson 7-0 Appomattox: Dogwood is decided. Nelson will end the season undefeated barring a huge upset or injury.
VA High 0-4 Lebanon
Goochland 2-1 Buckingham: Goochland also stay undefeated. This ws one of thier last truly tough competitions.

Ridgeview 2-0 (1A) Honaker

Alijah Sproles, who is one of the top defensive prospects in football in SWVA, also a stout attacker on the pitch scoring both goals for the 'Pack.

The Last games of April: Man, this season is going fast.

Martinsville 2-2 Franklin (6A): I just don't see any way for Martinsville to lose their last few games. Well done, Bulldogs!
Stuarts Draft 3-2 Buff Gap
George Mason 13-0 Rapp Co.: Shew! I'm sure they weren't intentionally running this up so much. Sometimes there is just no way to stop it.
Maggie Walker 6-4 Tucker: Unusual scoreline.
Bruton 0-2 Grafton
Lee (Region D) 1-4 Central
Wilson Memorial 6-0 Riverheads: That 2nd matchup with RE Lee will be a fun one.
There were a few other region D games played, but I can't find a score anywhere. May thread starts tomorrow!

From Monday,
Dan River 7 Galileo 0

Wildcats will play three games in three nights starting Wednesday
DR hosts Chatham (May 1), goes to Tunstall (May 2), and host Appomattox County (May 3), They also will be home on Monday, May 6 against GW-Danville.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT