ADVERTISEMENT

Are latest Region power points out yet?

Great points @mbonape1. I think the interesting fact about all four of these teams is the offensive numbers they throw up each game. Each team boast a workhorse rb who can run the ball around you and over you. You have Whalen at Louisa, Holmes at EV, Bridey at Monacan and Sturdivant at Dinwiddie. To add to the rushing attacks there are the qb's Bell, Lowry, Fludd and Pope who all are great runners in their own right. Its harder to identify the top receivers in this group especially at Louisa as they throw a lot to the backs and tight end Smith. Maybe a Louisa faithful can shed some light on this for me. EV's D'ago Hunter is a well known playmaker while Josiah Williams at Dinwiddie and Reeves at Monaca are very capable receivers.

When you put these offenses against what appears to be shut down defenses something will have to give. Balance appears to be the key to success. Which team will be able to establish the run, but be able to mix it up with the passing game when necessary. With the experience of Fludd, his established corps of receivers and ability to stretch defenses out with the long ball Monacan appears to have the edge in this area.

November weather can be strange and if there is a wet surface then things change. If these matchups necessitate a ground and pound game Louisa will be favored closely by Dinwiddie.

In a shoot out I favor EV or Dinwiddie as they have phenomenal special teams units and are capable of taking a punt or kick return to the house at any time.

Please feel free to chime in. I know its early, but darn this is going to be good.

Actually that was a spot on assessment. I can't argue against anything you said here. I do think Monacan might be the most balanced. Agree that if this turns into the mud Bowl I favor Dinwiddie and Louisa. EV might be the most explosive. I just think Dinwiddie has the trump card with K pope starting to contribute on offense if they need him. Louisa has three 230lb+ runners and Job Whalen who is a MAN in his own right. Plus they can also hand the ball off o Smith on crucial downs as an added cherry on top.

I think Fludd is he best passer of the group. I think we might have the most well rounded rotation with the receiving core as well.

For Monacan it Boils down to this:
Monacan vs Louisa - Can we stop the run?
Monacan vs Dinwiddie - Can we stop the run? If so, can we slow the passing game enough to outpoint the Generals.
Monacan vs EV - there would be footballs flying all over the damn field. I don't even know what to say about this one!

Wow guys, you have sure put some bulletin board material out there for the 5 through 8 seeds!

Actually that was a spot on assessment. I can't argue against anything you said here. I do think Monacan might be the most balanced. Agree that if this turns into the mud Bowl I favor Dinwiddie and Louisa. EV might be the most explosive. I just think Dinwiddie has the trump card with K pope starting to contribute on offense if they need him. Louisa has three 230lb+ runners and Job Whalen who is a MAN in his own right. Plus they can also hand the ball off o Smith on crucial downs as an added cherry on top.

I think Fludd is he best passer of the group. I think we might have the most well rounded rotation with the receiving core as well.

For Monacan it Boils down to this:
Monacan vs Louisa - Can we stop the run?
Monacan vs Dinwiddie - Can we stop the run? If so, can we slow the passing game enough to outpoint the Generals.
Monacan vs EV - there would be footballs flying all over the damn field. I don't even know what to say about this one!
One thing about EV that you shouldn't overlook or assume. The footballs don't really fly all over the field. Over the past few years, EV has been easily a more "run first" team than a pass first team. While they still operate from the spread from a look standpoint, power running is their bread and butter from what I see.

Lol. Courtland is playing well right now and PH can be very good if the right team shows up. DP, I dont realistically see any upsets. How about you.

@DinwiddieProud It isn't bulletin board material. Everyone knows Dinwiddie won the region last year. To be the man you gotta beat the man! Point blank, period! Each team thinks they can win, and thinks they will win as they are suppose to. Feel free to jump in on these convos... Your suppose to be doing this stuff too you know :)

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
One thing about EV that you shouldn't overlook or assume. The footballs don't really fly all over the field. Over the past few years, EV has been easily a more "run first" team than a pass first team. While they still operate from the spread from a look standpoint, power running is their bread and butter from what I see.

Somewhat true for Monacan as well but I do think of those 2 matched up by mid second quarter you'd see a lot of balls flying around

@DinwiddieProud It isn't bulletin board material. Everyone knows Dinwiddie won the region last year. To be the man you gotta beat the man! Point blank, period! Each team thinks they can win, and thinks they will win as they are suppose to. Feel free to jump in on these convos... Your suppose to be doing this stuff too you know :)
I believe he's saying that since we are talking about 1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3 we aren't giving 5-8 a chance to win their first round game. Furthermore we aren't giving their final week's opponents a chance either.

Reactions: Lafayette
I am new to the board, but I have been reading for a while back. Having seen a few of these teams, I would have to say Dinwiddie would ultimately handle EV well. I also believe Louisa vs Monacan will be the game of the year in 4A, and I would personally give the edge to Louisa.

I am new to the board, but I have been reading for a while back. Having seen a few of these teams, I would have to say Dinwiddie would ultimately handle EV well. I also believe Louisa vs Monacan will be the game of the year in 4A, and I would personally give the edge to Louisa.
Lord have mercy, awkward/bad timing. Now they're gonna think you're me like they do with BKP. Rivals is taking its sweet time deleting my account, requested over 24 hours ago and they finally replied today, asking me to confirm. So I guess it'll be another 24 hours.

Not doubting you at all @centralvadude, but can you tell us why? Sounds like you have some good insight.

I have only seen film of EV. They are very good. Hunter is incredible. Their defense. What's the most amount of points they've given up this year? It's got to be less than 20.

I have only seen film of Dinwiddie as well. The immediate impression I get is that no one can hang with the Generals. The two Pope's are great. I just personally believe that Dinwiddie has more raw talent then EV.

Lol Hoos, I personally dont desire for you to go away, but why in the heck would you still be watching if you intended to cancel your subscription? Now this crap is getting funny.

Whaaaaat? I can't believe people think that Hoos. I'm sorry if I've caused problems. I can assure everyone reading this that I am not HoosFan05, but a 16 year old boy who attends Charlottesville High School, which just happens to be the place Hoos works.

Wow, I wasn't being a jerk. I found it coincidental as well. Good luck to the Lions.

Whaaaaat? I can't believe people think that Hoos. I'm sorry if I've caused problems. I can assure everyone reading this that I am not HoosFan05, but a 16 year old boy who attends Charlottesville High School, which just happens to be the place Hoos works.

We are very well aware of that BKPride. Keep posting young man you are a good read.

Reactions: blackknight_pride
EV has a very good receiver in 6 3 Thomas who can burn you at anytime

No you're fine, keep posting. Just do your best not let them get under your skin, they've suffered too many football concussions as kids and don't know any better. Not you, mbonape, you're very cool and chill. @centralvadude RUN!

Reactions: blackknight_pride
Can’t we just go play paint ball or something and light each other up for a few hours and then pound some beers... that would be a good thing and would solve a lot.

Newsflash to everyone... if we all agree on everything there is no reason to have a board in the first place.

Hoos wait till the season is over... Louisa has maybe it’s best team ever...

To quote the movie Bronx Tale... “Nows you can’t leave”. Stick around a while

Can’t we just go play paint ball or something and light each other up for a few hours and then pound some beers... that would be a good thing and would solve a lot.

Newsflash to everyone... if we all agree on everything there is no reason to have a board in the first place.

Hoos wait till the season is over... Louisa has maybe it’s best team ever...

To quote the movie Bronx Tale... “Nows you can’t leave”. Stick around a while

Yeah...beer...:(

15R6Ukb.png

I love paintball. But naw, I'm out.

Lol. Courtland is playing well right now and PH can be very good if the right team shows up. DP, I dont realistically see any upsets. How about you.
No, not really. The only possible upset I see is whomever plays PA. Not that any of the top four could lose, but that darn Jeckle and Hyde team of PA..., they have the potential.

And I mean no disrespect to any of the lower four. They are not over-rated, they are exactly in the position they earned. It's just a tough year to be a lower seed in 4B. Of the three, Midlothian, Courtland, and Huguenot, I believe the toughest out will be Midlothian. There is just something about them that I think gives them a puncher's chance.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
lol... Yall just got me in trouble. My wife asked me to ride somewhere with her. I told her I had work to do, which did/do. But I wanted to just take a peek to see whats on the board. Once I started reading I couldn't stop. She came home and asked if I finished. I couldn't lie and said no. She asked why. I told her it was all you all's fault!!!! hahaha. sorry fellas. lol

In the early years of VAPREPS....your IP address was located at the bottom of each post...it was FUN to watch people create multiple accounts...made for some VERY interesting reads. Don't go Hoos....you're hardly the only problem OR a problem.
Not sure that I would have posted what you were "told"....I've been in similar situations...heard dialogue exchanged between coaches and kids or officials.....some things just shouldn't be addressed on an open forum...go speak privately. Just my opinion....hope you don't take offense.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
In the early years of VAPREPS....your IP address was located at the bottom of each post...it was FUN to watch people create multiple accounts...made for some VERY interesting reads. Don't go Hoos....you're hardly the only problem OR a problem.
Not sure that I would have posted what you were "told"....I've been in similar situations...heard dialogue exchanged between coaches and kids or officials.....some things just shouldn't be addressed on an open forum...go speak privately. Just my opinion....hope you don't take offense.
I remember those days. Remember that guy TPC? He "re-badged" himself about 10 times...but the IP address always gave him away. I always wondered if he's still a troll on this site.

Reactions: OCBoy and gwb16
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT