ADVERTISEMENT

Are we sure LT missed that field goal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 6, 2015
I didn't have a good view of the play from the student section, but I initially thought it actually barely went through the uprights. After seeing the refs call it not good, I just assumed they made the right call as they had the best viewing angles of the play. After watching some low-quality cellphone footage, I'm now second guessing that. It appears to have been good in some videos. So can anyone confirm that Lake Taylor without a doubt missed that field goal?

I didn't have a good view of the play from the student section, but I initially thought it actually barely went through the uprights. After seeing the refs call it not good, I just assumed they made the right call as they had the best viewing angles of the play. After watching some low-quality cellphone footage, I'm now second guessing that. It appears to have been good in some videos. So can anyone confirm that Lake Taylor without a doubt missed that field goal?
I was talking with some LT fans after the game that had a better angle and they said that they honestly were not sure.

I was there, right beside the goal post. It went under. It was not a field goal.

Reactions: salemfan32
It was a miss fieldgoal
The real problem is the goal post on a college field are 3 feet narrower than a hs field. So I gues if the game had been played on a hs field as they should the kick would have been good and LT would be the champs.

The real problem is the goal post on a college field are 3 feet narrower than a hs field. So I gues if the game had been played on a hs field as they should the kick would have been good and LT would be the champs.
Not if the kick was short...

The ball went under the goal post.

The ball went under the goal post.

they are all at 10 feet high width had nothing to do with it being missed. It never made it to the cross bar. So I guess Salem won another state championship and your grapes are still sour.........

Reactions: salemfan32
they are all at 10 feet high width had nothing to do with it being missed. It never made it to the cross bar. So I guess Salem won another state championship and your grapes are still sour.........
It wasnt short it was a low line drive. Looked like it barely cleared the line. It did hit the net about 6 feet up.

I couldn't care less who won I was just joining in the conversation soccer boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT