ADVERTISEMENT

Armstrong 83; Manassas Park 49

I hope it was worth it to Manassas to get those two playoff wins the way they did. . I think most of Virginia was rooting for Armstrong tonight.
Oddly there were people that thought it was no issue because he transferred back to his zone school. I still say it shouldn't have been allowed to let a kid play 22 games for a private school and then come back to the public high school team in time for the playoffs. Shouldn't open up this option for the future.

Reactions: Vahoops2312
Oddly there were people that thought it was no issue because he transferred back to his zone school. I still say it shouldn't have been allowed to let a kid play 22 games for a private school and then come back to the public high school team in time for the playoffs. Shouldn't open up this option for the future.
the rule should be simple - play for only one school during the school calendar year.
moving on...
I know absolutely nothing about Central.
Anybody know enough about both Central and Armstrong to handicap the final?

Reactions: aw19752
the rule should be simple - play for only one school during the school calendar year.
moving on...
I agree..only one team in a calendar year.

I've seen Central play about 3 times. They have a 6'8" all state caliber player who scores from the inside and outside. They do have some good supporting players. Without having seen Armstrong play, but going off of their schedule I know Central would probably have a tough time against teams like Henrico, Varina, Norfolk Collegiate (Private), Park View (SH), Steward (Private). But we are talking about mostly Class 5 and private schools teams. So Armstrong's schedule is tougher. BUT they do have to travel 2.5 hours from the city to the sticks and Central will have good fan support. So it could end up being a hostile environment. I know sometimes the refs in the Richmond area let the kids play, but up in this area you don't know what you may get as refs. I might go to this game. Could be a good game.

88979246_10218910078375439_9213428328571076608_o.jpg

ON TO THE 'SHIP
THEN TO THE STATE

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
moving on...
I am sure CHS will be prepared to play whomever - it's high school basketball at its best. Good luck to both teams. We will have a huge home crowd and it will be very loud. Go Big Blue!

FINAL in Region 3A Championship at Scope - Lakeland 63, Petersburg 48. Cave (17-8) will take on Region 3B runner-up Armstrong in the VHSL State Quarterfinals Friday at King's Fork HS in Suffolk. Crimson Wave (10-16) will face Region 3B Champ Central-Woodstock at Strasburg.

ADVERTISEMENT