ADVERTISEMENT

Auburn/Galax Soccer Final on NFHS

longtimerhsfan

VaPreps All Region
Dec 12, 2006
I received an e-mail alert this morning telling me that I could watch the Division 1-A boys soccer final on NFHS. Since I have a subscription I decided to check it out. Right now there is about 20 minutes left in the first half and I must say I am impressed..................by the structural columns in the arena where the game is being played.............

If anyone else is TRYING to watch this, you will know what I mean. It is the absolute worst excuse for a live broadcast I have ever seen and if I really cared about either team, I might be upset about this. Galax has just taken a 1-0 lead, but I am not kidding when I say that the coverage is soooooooo bad that you simply could not see the goal at all. In one end of the field (the one Galax is shooting at) the ENTIRE view is obscured by this humongous support column. The announcer screamed a bunch when Galax scored but as far as SEEING anything even resembling the goal, forget it. And instant replay????? forget that too.

To try to say something positive, Auburn fans must be beside themselves this spring, considering that their girls just won the state soccer title this morning and their softball and baseball teams are each still alive heading into next week's action. So somebody must be doing something right at that school.

Of course for obvious reasons (see my handle) I cannot wish them good luck for next week's games, but hey, sometimes it is nice just to make it that far.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT