ADVERTISEMENT

Auburn

Jun 1, 2020
I heard Auburn didn’t have enough to field a team this season. Not sure if it’s true just wondering if anyone else has heard anything?

I would not be shocked. They’re always lumped in with the Blands and Craigs of the world. I’d be surprised if any of the 3 have a team. Which is embarrassing for Montgomery county and the mountain empire.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Speaking of Bland County...is it a typo when I read that Bland County will be traveling to Sterling to take on Park View this season?!?!?!

Neither show it on their schedule, and I show PV with 10 ganes ... did John Paul the Great get dropped?

Last edited:
Coach at Park View sent me his schedule this week and it has Bland County in place of John Paul. The scheduled game is legit.

I'm old enough to remember when Park View was playing for titles at the AA level. How times have changed. Nearly 5 hour trip from Bland to Sterling. Might make the drive over to watch that if Bland doesn't fold before the scheduled game.

I'm old enough to remember when Park View was playing for titles at the AA level. How times have changed. Nearly 5 hour trip from Bland to Sterling. Might make the drive over to watch that if Bland doesn't fold before the scheduled game.
Park View is now about 1800 kids I think and the school demographics are nearly 70 percent Hispanic and they've been having trouble fielding football teams. Crazy to think when you consider what Park View of Sterling was in the 70s and early 80s in football, an absolute powerhouse. As crazy as it sounds, the school with around 200 or so kids in Bland could possibly travel 5 hours and win this game.

Most of the kids in Sterling favor soccer as soccer is huge in Latino youth and many kids at Park View have parents that have a more left of center ideology that's against football due to CTE precautions. I'm not saying these parents are wrong or right either as many people see football and CTE with different views, but I'm just pointing reasons for the decline in Park Views football numbers and a shell of what it once was in football. It's not just about Bland showing up with enough numbers, but if Park View still has enough out to field a team as well by this date, Bland could possibly win the football game.

I heard Auburn didn’t have enough to field a team this season. Not sure if it’s true just wondering if anyone else has heard anything?
Auburn Had enough to play a 10 game schedule last year, and pretty good numbers in the middle school program. So I'd be surprised if they don't have enough. Probably won't field a JV team again, but 9th through 12th should be able to put a team on the field

Last edited:
Auburn Had enough to play a 10 game schedule last year, and pretty good numbers in the middle school program. So I'd be surprised if they don't have enough. Probably won't field a JV team again, but 9th through 12th should be able to put a team on the field
One would hope so. New basketball coach is proclaiming a state title. I wouldn’t be surprised if there wasn’t some more athlete hoarding like their old coach got away with. Lose 9 or 10 games and get hurt before a title run.

I was just told that Auburn will only have a JV team and not field a varsity team this year. Is that the case?

How can Auburn be a state contender in so many other sports but have difficulty fielding a football team?

• Sad
I was just told that Auburn will only have a JV team and not field a varsity team this year. Is that the case?

How can Auburn be a state contender in so many other sports but have difficulty fielding a football team?
Roll Tide ain't beatin Georgia either

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT