ADVERTISEMENT

Back to the game

southbottomU

VaPreps All District
Dec 5, 2004
Keys to the game:
1. Can either team stop or slow down the other teams running game.
2. Can either team complete enough passes to keep the other teams defense from loading the box.
3. Turnovers and penalties
4. Can either team make a big play on special teams.
5. Ball possession. Can either team keep the ball for long drives keeping the other teams offense off the field.

Keys to the game:
1. Can either team stop or slow down the other teams running game.
2. Can either team complete enough passes to keep the other teams defense from loading the box.
3. Turnovers and penalties
4. Can either team make a big play on special teams.
5. Ball possession. Can either team keep the ball for long drives keeping the other teams offense off the field.
1. Yes, I think both are capable, however Louisa more so.
2. Yes, Salem can throw on Louisa, although I think this is more a testament to Louisa's inability to defend the pass than Salem's ability to throw.
3. Don't know enough stats on this one but when you get this far you've usually won this battle all year. Call it a toss up?
4. Will it be the big play or will it be Louisa starting every drive on the 20 or worse? Louisa has the better shot at the turnover big play with it's high pooch kicks, Salem has a better chance by returning a not so good pooch kick.
5. Both will have long sustained drives. If either team has more than 12 possessions in this game I will be surprised.

1. Yes, I think both are capable, however Louisa more so.
2. Yes, Salem can throw on Louisa, although I think this is more a testament to Louisa's inability to defend the pass than Salem's ability to throw.
3. Don't know enough stats on this one but when you get this far you've usually won this battle all year. Call it a toss up?
4. Will it be the big play or will it be Louisa starting every drive on the 20 or worse? Louisa has the better shot at the turnover big play with it's high pooch kicks, Salem has a better chance by returning a not so good pooch kick.
5. Both will have long sustained drives. If either team has more than 12 possessions in this game I will be surprised.
Salem can throw the ball in their system. They even go spread on occasion. Threw 22 times against Dinwiddie last year.

Salem can throw the ball in their system. They even go spread on occasion. Threw 22 times against Dinwiddie last year.
Correct... Salem doesn't throw the ball a ton but it's not because they can't. When they do decide to throw the ball it's typically very efficient.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT