ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball Semifinal and Finals

Gunz41

VaPreps All Region
Sep 22, 2007
Stuarts Draft VA
I'm surprised nobody has posted it, but heard yesterday afternoon that the 2a games (maybe all of them) have been postponed. They will now be held Thursday and Friday, June 13th and 14th.

All baseball and softball for Class 1-4 got postponed. I'm not sure about Class 5 and 6.

This will be interesting as to who do you pitch Thursday as all will be available if you got two good ones doesn’t matter but only one you might have to think about it. Myself you got to win the first one first

Reactions: Marshall-Dillon
This will be interesting as to who do you pitch Thursday as all will be available if you got two good ones doesn’t matter but only one you might have to think about it. Myself you got to win the first one first

I don't know the rules for high school baseball - specifically pitchers - but is there a limit on number pitches/innings/games for consecutive games?

Yes less than 26 pitch next day, less than 51 days rest, less than 76 two days, anything over 101 have to have 4days. I think I’m close

Reactions: pizzzzza
Reread your post no there is no rule on consecutive games pitched just pitch total and days of rest

Thanks for your answers.

SO a team could 'conceivably' pitch their best two pitchers on back-to-back days as long as they are until 26 pitches each (which I know is not a lot)

Also, if the back-to-back games are one day apart, they could pitch 51 each?

Yes you can pitch less than 26 (25)and pitch next day for four straight days then you have to have a day of rest. You pitch 50 and day of rest and 110 if you want after a day of rest

Now I can see why a team with 1 - and even better, 2 - outstanding pitchers in high school can make it a long way.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT