ADVERTISEMENT

Basham out for Byrd

I appreciate your loyalty. I love it. Alot of the older lancers read the posts. I saw Gouldthorp last week. He ran a tight ship up there. The things that go on and how the program is ran is not indicative of Amherst football. Curd was a good athletic trainer. These players are doing what they want when they want on this team. Curd is to busy trying to be a local politician. I don't know how many times I've heard from players and other sources such and such walked out of practice or they don't come to weight training all summer but they are starters. Come on man. Woody has a strong hold on his program and made examples out of those types of players. Give it two years and see where glass is. These younger players are seeing the seniors get away with things and the cycle continues. P.S heard that JF players were saying a word very similar to the offense cadence of Amherst. It happens but the coaching staff could have made a change to go on the snap of the ball to counter what JF was doing on defense. I'm not trying to attack you just want you to know things are not all peachy at ACHS.

I appreciate your loyalty. I love it. Alot of the older lancers read the posts. I saw Gouldthorp last week. He ran a tight ship up there. The things that go on and how the program is ran is not indicative of Amherst football. Curd was a good athletic trainer. These players are doing what they want when they want on this team. Curd is to busy trying to be a local politician. I don't know how many times I've heard from players and other sources such and such walked out of practice or they don't come to weight training all summer but they are starters. Come on man. Woody has a strong hold on his program and made examples out of those types of players. Give it two years and see where glass is. These younger players are seeing the seniors get away with things and the cycle continues. P.S heard that JF players were saying a word very similar to the offense cadence of Amherst. It happens but the coaching staff could have made a change to go on the snap of the ball to counter what JF was doing on defense. I'm not trying to attack you just want you to know things are not all peachy at ACHS.
I heard similar things just wasn't sure what you were referring to. I know a couple of them were disciplined as to what extent not sure. That is one thing I could always say about Abell he ran a tough ship and they respected him. Goldie was a tough cookie I know that for a fact also. The JF game was as exactly like you said it was but I do know the coaches said something and nothing was done and yes they could have made adjustments and I'm not saying they didn't. Yes they need more discipline but I didn't expect this post to turn from William Byrd to Amherst, shouldn't have happened

Reactions: MrSir#5
I heard similar things just wasn't sure what you were referring to. I know a couple of them were disciplined as to what extent not sure. That is one thing I could always say about Abell he ran a tough ship and they respected him. Goldie was a tough cookie I know that for a fact also. The JF game was as exactly like you said it was but I do know the coaches said something and nothing was done and yes they could have made adjustments and I'm not saying they didn't. Yes they need more discipline but I didn't expect this post to turn from William Byrd to Amherst, shouldn't have happened
Sorry about that. Like I said I wish Basham the best of luck. Hell of a athlete

Reactions: wikki
never said it was peachy and know it isn't

Reactions: MrSir#5
This stuff happens at every program from time to time, I don't give a damn how well behaved you think your players are or how respected your coach may be. These are teenagers and coaches are far from infallible and sometimes the two butt heads. The reason you hear less here than if someone was fighting in practice for a college or pro team is because of the level of involvement needed to run a bigger team and you still don't hear everything that goes down in college or pro teams either.

I'd laugh in the face of any fan on here who pretended this didn't happen to their team.

This stuff happens at every program from time to time, I don't give a damn how well behaved you think your players are or how respected your coach may be. These are teenagers and coaches are far from infallible and sometimes the two butt heads. The reason you hear less here than if someone was fighting in practice for a college or pro team is because of the level of involvement needed to run a bigger team and you still don't hear everything that goes down in college or pro teams either.

I'd laugh in the face of any fan on here who pretended this didn't happen to their team.
Amen and thank you, they are teenagers and it happens in all teams

Reactions: 1Gensfan
Actually I know for a fact that Woody has issues with some of his players also and it is similar what you are saying about Amherst

I've done a lot of stupid things in my life as you all have. I know even championship teams have issues. But you don't turn your back to them. Or a couple up downs after practice or a sit a half. I don't give a damn how good a athlete you are, you got a few chances to be part of this train if not get off at the next exit. We got somebody else to fill your spot! That's why I never say anything on here. I'll just continue to play dumb.

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
I've done a lot of stupid things in my life as you all have. I know even championship teams have issues. But you don't turn your back to them. Or a couple up downs after practice or a sit a half. I don't give a damn how good a athlete you are, you got a few chances to be part of this train if not get off at the next exit. We got somebody else to fill your spot! That's why I never say anything on here. I'll just continue to play dumb.
I agree and like I said about Basham and I feel the same about Amherst, you need to respect the coach and teammates are leave the team. Also the coaches need to earn the respect from the kids as well. You are only as good as the leader

So true

Actually I know for a fact that Woody has issues with some of his players also and it is similar what you are saying about Amherst
I know for a fact that woody does not have these issues. I know for a fact that from time to time situations happen. I know for a fact that if kids fail to meet expectations at Glass they are removed from the program. I know for a fact the football team has an overall gpa of 3.2. I will not speak about the program at Amherst because all I hear is 2nd hand. I know for a fact that this year more than 20 players were told that they could not be a part of the Glass program because they did not meet expectations. Please feel free to talk about your program but leave Glass and woody out of your mouth, unless your facts are correct.
Thanks,

I will be the voice of reason here...social media has gotten out of control in high school sports. I know Basham is a great player but to break a story on Twitter/Roanoke Times on Tuesday about a kid quitting (if that is what happened) does not make sense to me. He is a 16-17 year old kid that made a decision to leave the team. He still lives in the community and I am sure deals with other issues when not between the lines. Football is a great game but we forget as a society that these kids are kids.

I know for a fact that woody does not have these issues. I know for a fact that from time to time situations happen. I know for a fact that if kids fail to meet expectations at Glass they are removed from the program. I know for a fact the football team has an overall gpa of 3.2. I will not speak about the program at Amherst because all I hear is 2nd hand. I know for a fact that this year more than 20 players were told that they could not be a part of the Glass program because they did not meet expectations. Please feel free to talk about your program but leave Glass and woody out of your mouth, unless your facts are correct.
Thanks,
I heard it from an administration person at Glass

I heard it from an administration person at Glass
I don't just pull these things out of the air and wouldn't post it unless I got it from a reliable source. Now maybe it is resolved but he had issues

I bet my source is better than yours. But whatever.
Not really you would be surprised. This person has direct contact with both coaches and players but it's not that big of a deal. Maybe it is resolved now, we are talking about high school kids who challenge

Reactions: gwb16
Not really you would be surprised. This person has direct contact with both coaches and players but it's not that big of a deal. Maybe it is resolved now, we are talking about high school kids who challenge
Every school has issues that they have to deal with during a season. The question is how do you deal with the issue. Glass had over 20 players that are no longer allowed to be on the team because they created problems. Glass has set standards and those standards must be met to be a member of the team. Glass may have an issue tomorrow but that player(s) will be removed or the issue will be resolved. So yes woody has had issues at Glass but they have been dealt with and no longer exist. And you don't know who I am and that is cool but my sources are way better than yours. I bet your sources are better at Amherst. Good luck to your lancers! Just keep Glass out of it.
thanks,

@Hilltoperhokie I think it's interesting that @wikki says she "knows for a fact" but then says she heard from someone else. I'm not sure how you can "know for a fact" something is true when your source is secondary. Even if the source is an administrator, that source is still secondary because they are not a part of the team. Since we are stating facts, "I know for a fact" the administration at Glass isn't a reliable source when it comes to the intimate details of the football team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT