ADVERTISEMENT

Bath County 55 Parry McCluer 0 Final

Ouch!!! Thought it was to the year of PM
You thought wrong 🤣🤣🤣 They seem to have fallen off a cliff as of late. Disappointing, but not real sure what the original expectations were for the Blues anyway. Beating Rockbridge County 56-14 sort of threw everyone off at the time, but Rockbridge is historically bad this year, I'd be curious to see RC vs. Liberty.

Good Grief! I had no idea the Chargers were unbeaten! The Staunton paper used to keep us posted on the Pioneer District but not anymore so all I had read about was the score when they beat Page County. I remember PM rolling over Rockbridge back in August but to think that Bath was good enough to turn around and beat the Blues that badly is mind-blowing.

So what is the scoop? Are the Chargers really that good or did they just play a weak schedule? Will they be expected to really do anything in the playoffs?

Good Grief! I had no idea the Chargers were unbeaten! The Staunton paper used to keep us posted on the Pioneer District but not anymore so all I had read about was the score when they beat Page County. I remember PM rolling over Rockbridge back in August but to think that Bath was good enough to turn around and beat the Blues that badly is mind-blowing.

So what is the scoop? Are the Chargers really that good or did they just play a weak schedule? Will they be expected to really do anything in the playoffs?
Very weak schedule. PM is the only team they’ve played with a winning record. I’m not saying they have a bad team bc they’ve won every game convincingly but they haven’t been tested yet. IMO Grayson, GW, Galax, and Narrows could likely all beat Bath.

You thought wrong 🤣🤣🤣 They seem to have fallen off a cliff as of late. Disappointing, but not real sure what the original expectations were for the Blues anyway. Beating Rockbridge County 56-14 sort of threw everyone off at the time, but Rockbridge is historically bad this year, I'd be curious to see RC vs. Liberty.
Someone went on here a few weeks back and bragged up PM. Then turned around and got beaten. Last time I saw any film on them was like 2017 or 18. Watched over Christmas holidays with a good friend from the Shenandoah Valley. I was being sarcastic with my post.

Reactions: MMQP 6.0
Very weak schedule. PM is the only team they’ve played with a winning record. I’m not saying they have a bad team bc they’ve won every game convincingly but they haven’t been tested yet. IMO Grayson, GW, Galax, and Narrows could likely all beat Bath.
Narrows plays at Bath this Friday so I guess we will see. I might make the trip to Hot Springs to watch this one.

Someone went on here a few weeks back and bragged up PM. Then turned around and got beaten. Last time I saw any film on them was like 2017 or 18. Watched over Christmas holidays with a good friend from the Shenandoah Valley. I was being sarcastic with my post.
Gotcha lol. I warned people to wait until the James River game before making a judgement on PM... they got hammered in that game and then struggled vs. Mountain View. That was also James River's last win to give it some context, though JR has had some major injury issues.

In the James River game the score was close at halftime (I cannot remember the exact score) and ended 41-15.
PM was actually leading Narrows at half, 14-13, before losing 56-21.
Altavista was leading at half last week 12-8 before blowing it open 48-8.
Bath was up 27-0 at half Friday.
Take from that what you will.

Last edited:
Gotcha lol. I warned people to wait until the James River game before making a judgement on PM... they got hammered in that game and then struggled vs. Mountain View. That was also James River's last win to give it some context, though JR has had some major injury issues.

In the James River game the score was close at halftime (I cannot remember the exact score) and ended 41-15.
PM was actually leading Narrows at half, 14-13, before losing 56-21.
Altavista was leading at half last week 12-8 before blowing it open 48-8.
Bath was up 27-0 at half Friday.
Take from that what you will.
I and also think a lot of people hope BCdo well in the playoffs. Indeed their OB is the real deal. I remember how good BC was in my earlier coaching days. Then went down in Tennessee and lost track other than talking with a friend who coached up in that area of Va. before retirement. He still keeps up with the happenings up there.

I and also think a lot of people hope BCdo well in the playoffs. Indeed their OB is the real deal. I remember how good BC was in my earlier coaching days. Then went down in Tennessee and lost track other than talking with a friend who coached up in that area of Va. before retirement. He still keeps up with the happenings up there.
From what I heard, one of the key players from their glory years has taken over as coach this year. Maybe pumped some good old blood into that program

Narrows plays at Bath this Friday so I guess we will see. I might make the trip to Hot Springs to watch this one.
It should be a good one. Narrows’ starting QB got cleared to return this week after being out since week 4. Curious to see if Narrows puts him back and QB and moves Pruett back to WR or start out with Pruett at QB and go from there.

From what I heard, one of the key players from their glory years has taken over as coach this year. Maybe pumped some good old blood into that program
Jake Phillips, QB of one of their state championship teams is in his second year as their head coach. He played QB at William and Mary. He's been the head coach at James River and then Staunton before going home to Bath. His brother played TE at UVA and then in the NFL.

They've played a couple of WV teams that are struggling and Stonewall Jackson and maybe Roanoke Catholic as non district games.

Weak schedule and their QB is not from Bath. He drives from Covington every day. In the paper he said that his old school didn’t believe in him but his new coach did. Hmmmm

He didn't play with the current QB then. The current QB is from Covington & the Bath QB played at Alleghany before the merger. Alleghany's varsity started a sophomore then & my guess is that they thought Bath's QB would be the running back of the future for Alleghany so instead of having him run the JV as QB for a year the coaches wanted him to play at the position he would play in the future. The merger had already been put in motion & with the Covington QB coming he was probably going to be the future QB.

9-0 equates to undefeated at this time. Wonder how many teams would trade places regardless of schedule or classification. As I was told early in my career by a Va. hall of fame coach, “A win is a win.”

Reactions: Xknight
I think Friday nights match-up Bath v Narz will give everyone some more insight on where exactly Bath Co stands. Another interesting part of this game moving forward will be to see what Narz does with Pruitt WR/QB?????, I know someone stated the QB from earlier in the season is back but they have played pretty well with Pruitt at QB, yes hes a match-up issue at WR but at QB he has the ball in his hands every play and has gotten better each game at QB; guess we shall see.

I think Friday nights match-up Bath v Narz will give everyone some more insight on where exactly Bath Co stands. Another interesting part of this game moving forward will be to see what Narz does with Pruitt WR/QB?????, I know someone stated the QB from earlier in the season is back but they have played pretty well with Pruitt at QB, yes hes a match-up issue at WR but at QB he has the ball in his hands every play and has gotten better each game at QB; guess we shall see.
Narrows is by far the best team Bath will play in the regular season. No one knows at this point how they will stack up against the top competition in region c but this game will answer that question.

9-1 and playing at least another week. Schedule or not BC not packing gear away this morning. Not bad for a school everyone wanted to play for homecoming over the past few years. Happy for the kids, the coaching staff, and the community. As I am for Twin Springs, RC, and all the other small schools across this state, my state of Tennessee, and across this country. Makes me so proud of my years coaching in these small community schools and honored to have been in the classrooms also. Good luck to all schools going forward.

Reactions: kwhs95fan
I love how people bash Bath Co for not playing anyone. Do people realize how down this program has been for years? For years they have been a doormat. Now they're 9-1. In years past, they'd have lost to most of the teams that they beat this year. As for the game last night, it was a one point game mid 3rd quarter, until Narrows pulled away. I know in today's society it's easier to be negative and trash a group of high school kids, but I'm happy for this program and all they've accomplished .

I love how people bash Bath Co for not playing anyone. Do people realize how down this program has been for years? For years they have been a doormat. Now they're 9-1. In years past, they'd have lost to most of the teams that they beat this year. As for the game last night, it was a one point game mid 3rd quarter, until Narrows pulled away. I know in today's society it's easier to be negative and trash a group of high school kids, but I'm happy for this program and all they've accomplished .
Bath's QB got hurt last play of first half and didn't return. Not saying they would have won with him but it would have been close. He was the best player there in my opinion. (I was at game, not from either school)

Reactions: kwhs95fan
Bath's QB got hurt last play of first half and didn't return. Not saying they would have won with him but it would have been close. He was the best player there in my opinion. (I was at game, not from either school)
I watched on NFHS, and yes I agree that I thought he was the best player on the field when he was in there

Yeah, I'm wearing Green and Gold glasses here but...

Final line for Pruett was:

13 carries for 126 yards and 3 TDs rushing
6 of 7 passing for 127 yards and 2 TDs.
57 yard punt return for another score
Add an interception on D.

Campbell was a horse of a runner and Bath was obviously lethally hurt when he went down, but come on. Y'all seeing what y'all wanted to see. Lol

Reactions: MMQP 6.0
After watching this game Pruett was 100% the best player on that field by a long shot. Campbell is an athlete no denying that. Narrows does not play well in the first half and I’m sure most of their fans would agree. They adjust well at halftime and come out guns blazing. Even with Campbell playing in the 2nd half Narrows wins by 14-21.

Reactions: SW_VA_boy
Watched Bath play Catholic this season. Was surprised to see a very down Catholic team with only 18 players and just 1 senior put up 28 first-half points against Bath. Now Bath clamped down in 2nd half and shut out RC, but seeing RC score at will in the 1st half gave me pause on how good Bath would be when matched up against a very strong opponent. Not to mention the Bath offense was basically QB run right and QB run left all night long. He was/is an excellent player and was the best on the field that night, but he was also a little gimpy by the end of the night. RC does not have a physical defense this year, so it also made me wonder if the Bath QB would be able to hold up all season and continue to produce like that with that kind of brutal work load against veteran-led defenses...

Pruett is one of the best and arguably the best High School Football Player/Athlete in Class 1. He's a freakishly talented kid.

Reactions: sixcat
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT