ADVERTISEMENT

BATTLEFIELD DISTRICT FINAL RANKINGS

skynard1

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Oct 12, 2009
Well the regular season is over and it's playoff time! IMO it's been the weakest BATTLEFIELD I have ever seen. Usually one of the strongest districts in the state but without new entry EASTERN VIEW it would have been average to poor teams at best! Let's see how I rank them for the last ranking of the season?
# 1 EASTERN VIEW 10 @ 0 6@ 0 dist: How hard was this team to rank this year? Didn't take Einstein to do this! Not only did the VIEW go undefeated this year they was never challenged and never was behind in a game! Every team they played lost with a 35 point second half running clock! Will this help or hurt them as they head to the playoffs against much better competition? We shall see starting Friday night!
# 2 COURTLAND 6 @ 4 5 @1 dist: The cougars started 0 @ 4 but finished with 6 straight wins! Was they that good or the competition that bad! Probably a little of both! We shall see how good they have become as it's Louisa next Friday!
# 3 JM 4 @ 6 3 @ 3 dist: how good are the jackets? Played pretty good the second half against the weak teams in the district but stumped their toes against Courtland and for some reason beyond me lost to KG. With this week division that they are playing in i look for them to win the region but won't last long after this region. Just not the usual JM team that we are use to seeing but coach serbay and his fine staff has done a great job with the less talent I have ever seen on a JM team. Good luck JM as you advance on to the playoffs.
# 4 KG 3@ 7 3@ 3 district: the foxes had a hard schedule to start and it hurt their confidence. Once again they had a good JV team that finished second to Courtland in the JV championship game along with their young players players returning should be better next year!
# 5 CHANCELLOR 3@ 7 3 @ 3 district: this was a surprise team to me this year. With all that graduated along with the good transferring I honestly thought they would not win a game this year! WRONG! Coach Jeff Glessner did a tremendous job in making his team competitive. Good luck next season CHANCELLOR!
# 6 SPOTSY 4 @ 6 1 @ 5 district: the boys from post oak have achieved more this year than I predicted! Not only did they win 4 games and I picked 3 they will compete in the vhsl playoffs! They now finally have a good head coach and asst. coaches and the future look bright after 15 years of mediocrity! The JV team only lost 2 games and one loss from the JV championship! Looking forward to them in the playoffs and next season!
# 6 Caroline 2@ 8 0@ 6 district: little disappointing season for Caroline as they won the same amount of wins as last year 2! Figured they would have been better than last year but it didn't Happen! A lot of athletes in the halls of Caroline and coach yeates needs to get them to come out! I think he is the perfect fit for Caroline so be patient fans they will come around before long!
Well there they are and for the district teams EV spotsy JM and Courtland good luck starting Friday! Hope everyone enjoyed my rankings and look forward to the playoffs and next season!

Well the regular season is over and it's playoff time! IMO it's been the weakest BATTLEFIELD I have ever seen. Usually one of the strongest districts in the state but without new entry EASTERN VIEW it would have been average to poor teams at best! Let's see how I rank them for the last ranking of the season?
# 1 EASTERN VIEW 10 @ 0 6@ 0 dist: How hard was this team to rank this year? Didn't take Einstein to do this! Not only did the VIEW go undefeated this year they was never challenged and never was behind in a game! Every team they played lost with a 35 point second half running clock! Will this help or hurt them as they head to the playoffs against much better competition? We shall see starting Friday night!
# 2 COURTLAND 6 @ 4 5 @1 dist: The cougars started 0 @ 4 but finished with 6 straight wins! Was they that good or the competition that bad! Probably a little of both! We shall see how good they have become as it's Louisa next Friday!
# 3 JM 4 @ 6 3 @ 3 dist: how good are the jackets? Played pretty good the second half against the weak teams in the district but stumped their toes against Courtland and for some reason beyond me lost to KG. With this week division that they are playing in i look for them to win the region but won't last long after this region. Just not the usual JM team that we are use to seeing but coach serbay and his fine staff has done a great job with the less talent I have ever seen on a JM team. Good luck JM as you advance on to the playoffs.
# 4 KG 3@ 7 3@ 3 district: the foxes had a hard schedule to start and it hurt their confidence. Once again they had a good JV team that finished second to Courtland in the JV championship game along with their young players players returning should be better next year!
# 5 CHANCELLOR 3@ 7 3 @ 3 district: this was a surprise team to me this year. With all that graduated along with the good transferring I honestly thought they would not win a game this year! WRONG! Coach Jeff Glessner did a tremendous job in making his team competitive. Good luck next season CHANCELLOR!
# 6 SPOTSY 4 @ 6 1 @ 5 district: the boys from post oak have achieved more this year than I predicted! Not only did they win 4 games and I picked 3 they will compete in the vhsl playoffs! They now finally have a good head coach and asst. coaches and the future look bright after 15 years of mediocrity! The JV team only lost 2 games and one loss from the JV championship! Looking forward to them in the playoffs and next season!
# 6 Caroline 2@ 8 0@ 6 district: little disappointing season for Caroline as they won the same amount of wins as last year 2! Figured they would have been better than last year but it didn't Happen! A lot of athletes in the halls of Caroline and coach yeates needs to get them to come out! I think he is the perfect fit for Caroline so be patient fans they will come around before long!
Well there they are and for the district teams EV spotsy JM and Courtland good luck starting Friday! Hope everyone enjoyed my rankings and look forward to the playoffs and next season!
You should come up with something for what next year can expect to look like

I can say from personal experience that not playing much or hard in the 2nd half of every game for EV will take its toll in round 2 and 3. They will not be used to 100% effort in the 4th Q and will get fatigued and it will show.

I can say from personal experience that not playing much or hard in the 2nd half of every game for EV will take its toll in round 2 and 3. They will not be used to 100% effort in the 4th Q and will get fatigued and it will show.

I hope that is not the case with EV but I think you might be right. As the season went on and looked like no one could beat them I feared that might be the case as they never got behind or never tested by anyone! Coach Hatfield would not admit it but I bet he wished someone would have challenged his team rather than what happened this year. I'm sure he would want a undefeated season but not all blow outs against everyone. as long as I have watched and played HS football in the 60's I have never seen a team dominate a district like this! How will they react when and if they get behind! we shall see Friday night!

You should come up with something for what next year can expect to look like
Will probably do that after the playoffs. The problem with that around here as you have so many players transferring and moving around you might think on the teams key players are returning but they end up transferring out like what happened this year to JM and Chancellor and years past to Spotsy! If you wait till summer practice two a days start most teams are set and you can make a better analysis of them! As you are aware if you lose one or two players to transfers it could make a world of difference! Lot of this goes on here as we have so many schools in the area now!

Well I will say this EV had the best defense and offense in the district. So, I almost know for sure they go head to head in practice to make up for the competition in the district. Trust and believe Hatfield will have them ready to go.

I hope that is not the case with EV but I think you might be right. As the season went on and looked like no one could beat them I feared that might be the case as they never got behind or never tested by anyone! Coach Hatfield would not admit it but I bet he wished someone would have challenged his team rather than what happened this year. I'm sure he would want a undefeated season but not all blow outs against everyone. as long as I have watched and played HS football in the 60's I have never seen a team dominate a district like this! How will they react when and if they get behind! we shall see Friday night!
These coaches ain't dumb....I'm sure they are well aware of this issue as well. As much as you can do outside of a game to get in top condition, you can bet they're doing it.

I have no fear with their conditioning it's the mental aspect that I fear. If you haven't been challenged all year how will you react when you look up at the clock in the fourth quarter with 3 minutes left and you trail by a td! You can't beat teams to a pulp using 80 percent of your ability but getting against good playoff teams and stepping it up after you have won all season easy won't be easy to turn it up!

I have no fear with their conditioning it's the mental aspect that I fear. If you haven't been challenged all year how will you react when you look up at the clock in the fourth quarter with 3 minutes left and you trail by a td! You can't beat teams to a pulp using 80 percent of your ability but getting against good playoff teams and stepping it up after you have won all season easy won't be easy to turn it up!
It's called coaching baby.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT