ADVERTISEMENT

Battlefield District Honors?

Nov 5, 2018
Now that it’s playoff time it’s time for the honor teams to be coming out. I know Jefferson came out yesterday or today. Anyone heard about when the battlefield teams will be? Who’re your predictions for COY, OPOY, and DPOY? Who’re some kids that are a lock to make 1st team or 2nd team? My predictions:

COY: Coach Jack from Spotsy definitely deserves this award in my opinion. He turned Spotsy from a doormat team to one who commanded respect and has a winning record in only his 2nd year. Sure, EV went 10-0, but they definitely have the most talent in the district. Plus they seem to be shy away from competition by scheduling out of district opponents like Turner Ashby.

Co-OPOY: EV QB Matt Lowry & Courtland RB Zin White- two good players who did all that was asked of them this year. Lowry is a heck of a player and you can’t penalize him just because his team is so dominant. White is just a consistent beast. He shouldn’t get snubbed when putting up numbers like that!

DPOY could go a few ways. Daquan Carter from Spotsylvania had something like 7 INTs this year! How often do you see that? Courtland has a couple juniors on the DL who great this year. Chris Reynoso #35, I think had a strip and at least a sack every time I watched them play! Thor Hanlon was purely dominant on the DL on the interior and on the end, he had damn near 20 TFLs this year. Finally, Zach Brown from EV was a FORCE in the middle at his LB position. Everytime I saw them play he was either in the opposing teams backfield or scraping making a big hit. All of these guys are deserving in my opinion, but I think they’ll give the edge to Brown because of his team success.

Now that it’s playoff time it’s time for the honor teams to be coming out. I know Jefferson came out yesterday or today. Anyone heard about when the battlefield teams will be? Who’re your predictions for COY, OPOY, and DPOY? Who’re some kids that are a lock to make 1st team or 2nd team? My predictions:

COY: Coach Jack from Spotsy definitely deserves this award in my opinion. He turned Spotsy from a doormat team to one who commanded respect and has a winning record in only his 2nd year. Sure, EV went 10-0, but they definitely have the most talent in the district. Plus they seem to be shy away from competition by scheduling out of district opponents like Turner Ashby.

Co-OPOY: EV QB Matt Lowry & Courtland RB Zin White- two good players who did all that was asked of them this year. Lowry is a heck of a player and you can’t penalize him just because his team is so dominant. White is just a consistent beast. He shouldn’t get snubbed when putting up numbers like that!

DPOY could go a few ways. Daquan Carter from Spotsylvania had something like 7 INTs this year! How often do you see that? Courtland has a couple juniors on the DL who great this year. Chris Reynoso #35, I think had a strip and at least a sack every time I watched them play! Thor Hanlon was purely dominant on the DL on the interior and on the end, he had damn near 20 TFLs this year. Finally, Zach Brown from EV was a FORCE in the middle at his LB position. Everytime I saw them play he was either in the opposing teams backfield or scraping making a big hit. All of these guys are deserving in my opinion, but I think they’ll give the edge to Brown because of his team success.

Coach of the Year: Spotsylvania's Jeremy Jack
Offensive Player of the Year: EV's Matt Lowry/ Courtland's Zin White is 1st team caliber but not POY
Defensive Player of the Year: EV's Zach Brown or Avery Sites or Paris Owen all 3 are deserving

Last edited:
EV sweeps the awards
Hatfield wins coach of the year
Matt Lowry Offensive POY
Zach Brown Defensive POY

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT