ADVERTISEMENT

Battlefield District Rankings after week 5

skynard1

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Oct 12, 2009
After the EV win at Courtland ranking the district for the first two teams is easy! But the next 5 places are a shot in the dark. 3 through 7 will change every week just like my underwear! The View will go through the rest of the district like Grant through Richmond. The cougars could do the same but there is a small chance they will overlook 3 through 7 and be upset but i doubt it. The bottom tier teams just don't have the talent to do so. Those teams IMO just don't have the defense to beat the top 2. So here we go!
( 1) EASTERN VIEW 5 @ 0 : Anyone disagree with this pick? They took care of the Cougars but according to some people i talked to the game was close 20 to 13 early in the third qtr but as the cougars returned a pick to close the gap on the ensuing KO the Cyclones returned the KO for a TD and the wheels came off the rest of the way. Still it looks like EV is a better team. The downfall is the Cyclones will not be tested by the district and with the weak competition how will that affect them come playoff time? We shall see.
( 2) COURTLAND 2 @ 2 : How will the cougars react after the big loss to EV? They have Chancellor this week but IMO the Chargers dont have the defense to stop Courtland's Offense. JC Hall is a good motivator and will have them ready for Chancellor a team the cougars don't like and a big rivalry! Not hardly the Chargers can upset Courtland but they better not go to sleep on Chancellor.
( 3) CHANCELLOR 2 @ 3 : The Chargers deserve to be ranked here this week after their victory over JM. Their defense has a lot of work to do but their offense with that big back Krissaun Scott and young developing QB Trevin Edwards is Quite potent! The Chargers like most Battlefield second tier teams are young! We shall see how far they have come against Courtland Friday.
(4) Spotsy 2 @ 2 : Very disappointed ln the Knights performance against Culpeper last week. They seem to be playing good defense but their offense thus far this season is inconsistent at best. Got to be patient as once again this is a young team with youngsters on offense. Tysean Colbert and DA Pendelton just sophmores are going to be good ones. Look forward to how they play against EV this week. Probably not much chance but to be competitive against a powerful EV team will be a moral victory for the boys from post oak! Hang in there Spotsy you can still have a good season and another playoff appearance.
( 5 ) JM 1@ 4: Boy oh boy if the Jackets could find a defense they could play with anyone. QB Davis and his core of tall lanky receivers are putting up good stats but they just cant stop people. They are a work in progress but they will improve by years end.
( 6 ) KING GEORGE 1@ 4 : The Foxes got there first win last week and they finally got away from their brutal schedule. Lets see how they do against JM this week? with a win they may be on a mission and move up the ladder. Hard to judge a team that had their schedule to begin the year. Four tough playoff teams.
( 7) CAROLINE 1@ 4 : Who will Caroline upset before the year is out. They are improving but still have problems on defense. They are promising on offense with a good back in Talen Smith and the bottom tier teams better beware as the Cavs are looking to win.
There they are. Two excellent teams with the rest young and growing each week. Who from 3 through 7 fare this year and go up or down? we shall see! Get out and support your favorite team. Can you believe the season is half over and the playoffs are just around the corner

Reactions: OCBoy and hamspear
After the EV win at Courtland ranking the district for the first two teams is easy! But the next 5 places are a shot in the dark. 3 through 7 will change every week just like my underwear! The View will go through the rest of the district like Grant through Richmond. The cougars could do the same but there is a small chance they will overlook 3 through 7 and be upset but i doubt it. The bottom tier teams just don't have the talent to do so. Those teams IMO just don't have the defense to beat the top 2. So here we go!
( 1) EASTERN VIEW 5 @ 0 : Anyone disagree with this pick? They took care of the Cougars but according to some people i talked to the game was close 20 to 13 early in the third qtr but as the cougars returned a pick to close the gap on the ensuing KO the Cyclones returned the KO for a TD and the wheels came off the rest of the way. Still it looks like EV is a better team. The downfall is the Cyclones will not be tested by the district and with the weak competition how will that affect them come playoff time? We shall see.
( 2) COURTLAND 2 @ 2 : How will the cougars react after the big loss to EV? They have Chancellor this week but IMO the Chargers dont have the defense to stop Courtland's Offense. JC Hall is a good motivator and will have them ready for Chancellor a team the cougars don't like and a big rivalry! Not hardly the Chargers can upset Courtland but they better not go to sleep on Chancellor.
( 3) CHANCELLOR 2 @ 3 : The Chargers deserve to be ranked here this week after their victory over JM. Their defense has a lot of work to do but their offense with that big back Krissaun Scott and young developing QB Trevin Edwards is Quite potent! The Chargers like most Battlefield second tier teams are young! We shall see how far they have come against Courtland Friday.
(4) Spotsy 2 @ 2 : Very disappointed ln the Knights performance against Culpeper last week. They seem to be playing good defense but their offense thus far this season is inconsistent at best. Got to be patient as once again this is a young team with youngsters on offense. Tysean Colbert and DA Pendelton just sophmores are going to be good ones. Look forward to how they play against EV this week. Probably not much chance but to be competitive against a powerful EV team will be a moral victory for the boys from post oak! Hang in there Spotsy you can still have a good season and another playoff appearance.
( 5 ) JM 1@ 4: Boy oh boy if the Jackets could find a defense they could play with anyone. QB Davis and his core of tall lanky receivers are putting up good stats but they just cant stop people. They are a work in progress but they will improve by years end.
( 6 ) KING GEORGE 1@ 4 : The Foxes got there first win last week and they finally got away from their brutal schedule. Lets see how they do against JM this week? with a win they may be on a mission and move up the ladder. Hard to judge a team that had their schedule to begin the year. Four tough playoff teams.
( 7) CAROLINE 1@ 4 : Who will Caroline upset before the year is out. They are improving but still have problems on defense. They are promising on offense with a good back in Talen Smith and the bottom tier teams better beware as the Cavs are looking to win.
There they are. Two excellent teams with the rest young and growing each week. Who from 3 through 7 fare this year and go up or down? we shall see! Get out and support your favorite team. Can you believe the season is half over and the playoffs are just around the corner
It was 21-13 at one point but it also can be flipped the other way and it could have been 34-0 halftime EV as well. After I watched the game on tv it was obvious EV shot themselves in the foot several times. The kickoff to start the game that pinned Courtland on the 1 nearly ended with a safety for EV but the courtland player broke the tackle. Courtland was very fortunate this game didn’t get into a running clock situation. They just aren’t ready to be considered a good team in my book. If chancellor can get some stops I think they can pull the upset.

It was 21-13 at one point but it also can be flipped the other way and it could have been 34-0 halftime EV as well. After I watched the game on tv it was obvious EV shot themselves in the foot several times. The kickoff to start the game that pinned Courtland on the 1 nearly ended with a safety for EV but the courtland player broke the tackle. Courtland was very fortunate this game didn’t get into a running clock situation. They just aren’t ready to be considered a good team in my book. If chancellor can get some stops I think they can pull the upset.
Didn't see it was doing the N Stafford Ponax game on TV but i only know what several people saw and told me! To say they aren't a good team is very questionable! But that is your opinion and you are surely entitled to it!

Didn't see it was doing the N Stafford Ponax game on TV but i only know what several people saw and told me! To say they aren't a good team is very questionable! But that is your opinion and you are surely entitled to it!
Until they do something with that offense I stand by what I said

Reactions: Marshall-Dillon
Not to be nit picking courtland i have trouble with the cougars passing attack. It always seems they run one guy out in the pass patterns and he run!s always deep! Don't claim to be a good coach but i have done a little in my time and in some of the wing T patterns they run you send a guy deep and the full back does a short curl and the end drags about 10 to 15 yards and the QB has a option where to throw it. Years ago i Coached the wing T guru Tim Coleman"s team when he was at Spotsy ln the passing league and that's the way you run what they call 548 or 549. The cougars don"t run it like that and i don"t know why? They have a good backfield but coach Hall questioned his O line before the season and could be the problem.

Reactions: OCBoy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT