ADVERTISEMENT

BATTLEFIELD DISTRICT RANKINGS!

skynard1

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Oct 12, 2009
Been kind of a boring season rankings the teams this year as they have stayed pretty much the same all year! looks like it comes down to JM and Courtland to settle who is # 1 in the district for the little its worth. Courtland is still top dog but to stay there they have to beat JM and it ain't going to be easy. looks like they are the cream of the crop but Chancellor is one brick from a full load. here is my picks and this is just my opinion.
# 1 COURTLAND 6 @ 1 Still on top with JM in their way. cougars as expected had no trouble with the under manned knights 35 to 0. no real test and the three head monster was just that as all three rushed for almost 100 yards each with Lawson 129 yards. they have KG next there but could they be looking past KG at JM who they play in two weeks and get upset? don't think the foxes have enough horses to pull it out but i believe it will be closer than you think!
# 2 JM 6 @ 1 had a big win last week against chancellor. just as we thought JM had the identity of a rushing team they throw the devil out of the ball. that sophmore QB A J Felton played the game of his life going 20 for 27 no picks and 249 yards passing. he is getting better each week and becoming one of the best QB's in the district. they also had another unexpected receiver in Jalen Price who caught 7 for 107 yards with Boley and Leacock chipping in as well. didn't rush but 61 yards but knowing Bob Oliver like I do he was bound and determine to not let the run beat them so they probably crowded the box but the team that JM has with those good speedy receivers they passed on them. looks like now with this passing attack JM has showed the past few weeks you better pick your poison teams! now the jackets may be the best balanced team in the district. put your helmets on fans as in two weeks they face off against Courtland!
# 3 CHANCELLOR 4@ 3 The Chargers had a very disappointing loss to JM but had nothing to be ashamed of as they fought a good JM team tooth and nail. Mario Wisdom rushed for 179 yards against JM but Jason Brown didn't play his best game as he did last year against JM. that's ok chargers you should win the final three games and make the playoffs. look out next year as with almost the entire team returning they will be the early favorite in the BD next year!
# 4 KING GEORGE 4@ 3. the foxes had little trouble with a depleated Caroline team but it looks like the injury bug is catching up with them. they lost 3 more starters Friday night but if you have seen the foxes roster they have large numbers to fill the void but how good are the fill ins? looks like they may have found another good back to go along with Jordan Aley in Parcarri Brown who rushed for 111 yards along with Aley 86 yards. looks like the foxes are done winning as they have the three top dogs in the district left on their schedule! we shall see!
# 5 Spotsylvania 2@ 5 No surprise here are the knights were crushed by Courtland 35 to 0. just not enough talent to stay with the cougars. no stats in the paper but from friends at the game told me that the only bright spot for the knights was the rushing of Michael Shelton but that was it. only hope is a win over hapless Caroline last game of the year. that will be fine as with the talent they have a 3 and 7 year is ok. a loss to Caroline would make this season not so good!
# 6 Caroline 0 @ 7 nothing looks good for the Cavs after game 7 but a win over Spotsylvania. one of the bright spots this year was the play of sophomore Q B David Ware who was not listed in the Caroline stats and if he is out and can't play for any reason the season will be over. they already have lost another bright spot in big TE De Andre Christopher but they still have Antonio Robinson that rushed for 86 yards against KG. I only counted 22 players when they played JM last week so any more lost players will be par for the course for Caroline! hang in there Caroline only 3 games left and you can regroup next year!
there we go fans a pretty boring year with not even 1 upset so far. the teams are getting ready for the playoffs and it looks like 3 or 4 battlefield teams will have a chance in the playoffs. might be a un eventful season in the district with no upsets but its still HS football its the greatest sport around! GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE TEAMS!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT