ADVERTISEMENT

Bburg/Glass

Blacksburg beat Jefferson Forest 51-6
Glass beat Jefferson Forest 57-36

The only chance you have is by limiting opportunities and controlling tempo. Move the chains, do not turn over and minimize big play capability. If their athletes get room they will score. They also have a tall experienced QB and good kicking game.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Really good game. Think the GW/Salem game will get a lot of talk but this is a very good game as well. Blacksburg looks really good on both sides right now. Glass defense shut Bashsm down last night and the offense scored on a very stingy Byrd defense. Very good matchup.

We will see. Favorites are Blacksburg and GW Danville. Where is the Danville field located via 220 south from Roanoke ?
Come on down 220 to route 58 East in Martinsville. Martinsville to Danville is about 23 minutes. Once you get into the city limits of Danville you’ll go about 4-5 miles on Riverside Dr. and you’ll pass the Movie Theater, Sheetz, Westlin Sizzlin’, Texas Steakhouse, and a Dairy Queen beside a big shopping center all on your right hand side (which is probably a 1 mile span) and merge right onto US 86/29 towards Greensboro/Yanceyville which is directly beside the shopping center ..You’ll see GW on top of the hill at the light at the shopping center. Cross the bridge and the school will be on the right hand side. They have great parking on the visitor side and very good bleachers. Safe travels to all coming down!

Reactions: SpartanForce
Didn't you mention that you were buying dinner and drinks?
LOL!!! I’d love too! If Henrico Public Schools paid me the big bucks I’d take you, SBU, Mike, 1morehokie, and Putt out to Steaks on the Square! If you bring your family up try it which is right on the corner of Westover and Riverside maybe 5 minutes from the Stadium. They don’t open until 4 on Friday’s but maaaan the food is great. Also Nonni’s Italian Resturant which is directly across from Walmart on Mount Cross is the arguably the best spot in Danville. Very good prices! Best subs and pizza in town and great lunch specials.

Like most on preps, my opinion is just an opinion, and it has been formed from previous knowledge of programs and scores/articles/word of mouth... but this game is interesting. Blacksburg is clearly the team to beat, skill guys who can score anytime/any route, and linemen who get off the ball an make plays defensively. Glass has similar team speed on defense but the edge would still go to Blacksburgs Defense. Offensively Blacksburg has two of the best players in the state.

Can the Glass offense move the ball and hang on to the ball long enough to keep the dynamic Bruins off the field?

Can the Bruins offense break the for the big gains against the toppers defense? Hard for me to judge how good the Hilltoppers can be, but most of us know how good Blacksburg is:

BHS 31 ECG 17

Best of luck to both teams can’t wait to see the game

Someone with a little more Lynchburg knowledge help me understand this: How did Glass defense bottle up Davis (HHS) and Basham (WBHS) so well, meaning keeping their gains under control, but struggle to do so with LCA/Amherst?

Reactions: JOrndorff
Like most on preps, my opinion is just an opinion, and it has been formed from previous knowledge of programs and scores/articles/word of mouth... but this game is interesting. Blacksburg is clearly the team to beat, skill guys who can score anytime/any route, and linemen who get off the ball an make plays defensively. Glass has similar team speed on defense but the edge would still go to Blacksburgs Defense. Offensively Blacksburg has two of the best players in the state.

Can the Glass offense move the ball and hang on to the ball long enough to keep the dynamic Bruins off the field?

Can the Bruins offense break the for the big gains against the toppers defense? Hard for me to judge how good the Hilltoppers can be, but most of us know how good Blacksburg is:

BHS 31 ECG 17

Someone with a little more Lynchburg knowledge help me understand this: How did Glass defense bottle up Davis (HHS) and Basham (WBHS) so well, meaning keeping their gains under control, but struggle to do so with LCA/Amherst?
Quite simple actually, Amherst and LCA have better offensive lines than Heritage and Byrd.

Reactions: lyhsports

BHS 31 ECG 17

Quite simple actually, Amherst and LCA have better offensive lines than Heritage and Byrd.

I also believe that the 3 losses had teams that could run AND pass. Not so much Amherst though. It was more about their line.

This will be a tough challenge for Glass, but they will be as prepared as they can be. They looked very prepared for Byrd.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT