ADVERTISEMENT

Best Passing Game 4A

Salem will not have gaudy numbers throwing the ball, never do. However, they will have another year of effective passing. Keeping teams from being able to load up against the run is a Salem staple. Salem will, as usual , be excellent in play action.
I know they will be young but how will this Salem recieving corps stack up with the ones in the past 4 years?

I know they will be young but how will this Salem recieving corps stack up with the ones in the past 4 years?
They will have Close, (Sr TE) Pellant, (Sr) Ferris, (Jr) Reid, (Jr) Collins, (So) Ja. McDonald, (So) and Jo. McDonald (So)
Could also see Haupt (Sr) who was listed at WR last year. It will be interesting to see who emerges at WR/DB. Tremendous group graduated in Quinn, Tucker, Wade, Owen, Dennis, and Delby.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
It’s You’re* btw and you know absolutely nothing about me. Where did the dynamic passer (your son) attend school? Never answered.. 49-7 Woodgrove, 48-20 Courtland and came close but no dice 63-55 JF.. I wouldn’t have even brought him into this.
My statement remains, I bet my paycheck for another dynamic duo better than Poole and Watlington. Best deep ball duo in 4a. Watch the Hudl tape.

I’ve never seen grown men get so hurt over another man’s opinion. Guess I’m supposed to say Jack and Hunter are the best QBs in order to make everyone happy :rolleyes:;)
Can't we all just get along?

They will have Close, (Sr TE) Pellant, (Sr) Ferris, (Jr) Reid, (Jr) Collins, (So) Ja. McDonald, (So) and Jo. McDonald (So)
Could also see Haupt (Sr) who was listed at WR last year. It will be interesting to see who emerges at WR/DB. Tremendous group graduated in Quinn, Tucker, Wade, Owen, Dennis, and Delby.
Delby was the little joker that was at corner, #25 right?Tough as nails. Isn’t he playing D3 ball this year?

He was #26 & he played like he was 6'2" 200. He had an offer to play at Bridgewater, but decided to go to VT and focus on his education .
In deed he did! I think I remember you saying he had Bridgewater looking at him. I don’t blame him. Kid has 3 rings, nothing left to prove. Go have the time of his life at Tech.

No.Some has move on to other things and some hasn't decided to coach yet..Maybe Wikki and some of the other people can paint a pretty picture but I can't.Still a mess.
I heard that he just met with the team for the first time today. Talk about being behind the 8-ball!

I heard that he just met with the team for the first time today. Talk about being behind the 8-ball!
Not true at all..I don't care for his offense but I like him as a leader so far.Seems to be a in your face type coach that will produce some problems at first..Phillips was a players coach and it doesnt work in Amherst.

Reactions: VolNation85
Personally don’t like the Poole kids throwing, looks as he is what he is the best athlete on the team playing qb. He could get some offers to shake out if he produces some gaudy stats, but he has the things you can’t teach good size and athleticism can’t speak on his speed.

Personally don’t like the Poole kids throwing, looks as he is what he is the best athlete on the team playing qb. He could get some offers to shake out if he produces some gaudy stats, but he has the things you can’t teach good size and athleticism can’t speak on his speed.
I can dig it. Poole can throw it a mile but he will earn his keep as a receiver at the next level. Very fast, 6’5 and has great hands. He and his brother are going to be a steal for somebody’s program and if they keep working, they’ll play on Sunday’s one day. Poole’s successor, rising sophomore ShaKobe Hairston, will be another to watch at QB. Not as tall as Poole but he can sling it and has the attributes of a QB (6’2 205) and he’s still growing. One of the top performers at N.C. State’s camp a few weeks back.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mccoy Bruin
I can dig it. Poole can throw it a mile but he will earn his keep as a receiver at the next level. Very fast, 6’5 and has great hands. He and his brother are going to be a steal for somebody’s program and if they keep working, they’ll play on Sunday’s one day. Poole’s predecessor, rising sophomore ShaKobe Hairston, will be another to watch at QB. Not as tall as Poole but he can sling it and has the attributes of a QB (6’2 205) and he’s still growing. One of the top performers at N.C. State’s camp a few weeks back.
I think you mean successor not predecessor (a person who held a job or office before the current holder)

I can dig it. Poole can throw it a mile but he will earn his keep as a receiver at the next level. Very fast, 6’5 and has great hands. He and his brother are going to be a steal for somebody’s program and if they keep working, they’ll play on Sunday’s one day. Poole’s successor, rising sophomore ShaKobe Hairston, will be another to watch at QB. Not as tall as Poole but he can sling it and has the attributes of a QB (6’2 205) and he’s still growing. One of the top performers at N.C. State’s camp a few weeks back.

DSH - Are the Poole brothers looking at colleges as a “package deal” or will each one make their college choice independently? Just curious. Thanks.

DSH - Are the Poole brothers looking at colleges as a “package deal” or will each one make their college choice independently? Just curious. Thanks.
Good question brother. I’m not real sure. Los has Hampton and Wise as offers. I know Carl has Wise but he looks to be big on ODU (not sure if he has the offer). I’d expect them their recruiting process to be like Elijah Davis’s. Look for them to get the vast number of their offers in season. Though they are good players, they have limited tape with last year being Los’s first varsity year and Carl coming off that ankle injury. A lot of schools are interested.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT