ADVERTISEMENT

Best RB in the State of VA

It's hard to single out one without question. There are many fine players across the state. A lot usually depends on the others around a player, especially the line.

Not saying he isnt, haven't seen him, and no reason not to hype up players, it's good to hear about them.

I'll add one, not from what I have seen, just what I have read on here, but Ridgeview must have a GREAT one. A sophomore with D-1 verbal, that is quite impressive. Just hard to say best IMHO, maybe best with the best team, or even most talented, but it sounds like GW has a LOT of great backs, and that helps

Last edited:
Reactions: Mccoy Bruin
We have a couple down here in Tidewater that are playing some tough competition. Malik Newton from Lake Taylor is the real deal and a punishing runner. There's a sophomore at Booker T Washington (Rodney Hammond) that is the real deal with D1 offers, and a freshman back at Norview that's the real deal as well. City of Norfolk has 3 great backs. Newton rushed for 500 yards this week alone in two games on Monday and Friday.

We have a couple down here in Tidewater that are playing some tough competition. Malik Newton from Lake Taylor is the real deal and a punishing runner. There's a sophomore at Booker T Washington (Rodney Hammond) that is the real deal with D1 offers, and a freshman back at Norview that's the real deal as well. City of Norfolk has 3 great backs. Newton rushed for 500 yards this week alone in two games on Monday and Friday.

Newton is a beast. We all know y’all have some DOGS in the 75. This kid here is a DOG as well. When you’ve had backs like David Wilson and Keeta Covington and people say that the kid has the potential to be the best back in the program’s history, you gotta take note. With Wesley’s size, power and speed, he’s an elite back who will play big time football on Saturdays in the fall of 2020. I see the haters (NOT YOU; I see who liked your post) who will do anything they can to discredit anything not Salem related and pertaining to GW. I appreciate all these kids’ greatness, especially the ones you mentioned. The 75 is the Mecca for great football players. Respect as always brother!

Newton is a beast. We all know y’all have some DOGS in the 75. This kid here is a DOG as well. When you’ve had backs like David Wilson and Keeta Covington and people say that the kid has the potential to be the best back in the program’s history, you gotta take note. With Wesley’s size, power and speed, he’s an elite back who will play big time football on Saturdays in the fall of 2020. I see the haters (NOT YOU; I see who liked your post) who will do anything they can to discredit anything not Salem related and pertaining to GW. I appreciate all these kids’ greatness, especially the ones you mentioned. The 75 is the Mecca for great football players. Respect as always brother!
I'm not trying to start anything, but just because someone doesn't hit the like button doesn't mean they're a hater. Personally, I know there are times when I'm just browsing and not really hitting the like button on anything, other times I have more time to peruse posts and I'm in more of a "liking" mood.

I'm obviously partial to Wesley, but Cupit from JF is VERY special.
Graves and Cupit are both major prospects. Cupit just took a trip to UGA and he looks like a Georgia RB. Big, fast and physical. Wesley and Keenan are going to have some big decisions to make soon about where they play ball at on Saturdays. Don’t count out Willie Edmunds either. He’s gonna get a lot of love the next 2 summers as well.

I'm not trying to start anything, but just because someone doesn't hit the like button doesn't mean they're a hater. Personally, I know there are times when I'm just browsing and not really hitting the like button on anything, other times I have more time to peruse posts and I'm in more of a "liking" mood.
He is a country boy from a small town. Its all about him Mike lol.

DSH does not act at all like everything is about him. He constantly is talking about kids and other teams. He seems like a really good guy.

Dont be trying to talk bad about someone you know nothing about
Oh Boy social media again. DSH I can guarantee you knows I am just picking and has fun with it too. Put your Gunz away man.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Would love to see somebody in the Seminole pickup SEC offers but just doesn’t happen often. Brookville had some but just because you’re on a visit doesn’t mean much in terms of offers.

I’ve seen the JF back on tape and he talented, if he’s on visits to UGA he’s soon to pick up ACC interest if not other conferences and schools.

Last edited:
Graves looks good what is his height and weight? Newton is a man-child and could probably play power 5 ball right now! The freshmen from Norview is really good too. Sort of a combo of the aforementioned two.

Henrico has a really good back along with LC Bird. HSHS has multiples but too many rotating in to put up staggering numbers.

I’ll tell you who I think is low key really good, Upton Bailey from Petersburg. Check him out on hudl. He might be just more of an athlete on the next level but he is dynamic.

I agree with @one man ... I wish Sobias Foley would have had a better ending, I think he is a good back for sure! Does he have a few offers for college?

amen to that mike.

really....I cant comment on his statement. I don't think so
Definitely, free country. I just would appreciate it if it was somewhere else. I’m tired of the shade from certain posters, especially ones that’s supposed to be ”in charge”. It’s happened too many times. A real leader promotes an environment conducive of respect. If you don’t like my thread, move on. Don’t throw shade on my young men. It’s constant from certain posters. Last time speaking on anything other than a student athlete in this thread.

Okay DSH I've been in the hospital and I get home to read this from your post:

"I see the haters (NOT YOU [referring to Devil's here] I see who liked your post) who will do anything they can to discredit anything not Salem related and pertaining to GW."

I don't know who you were trying to call out, but since I'm a Salem fan that liked Devil's post and didn't like your post it seems as if you were talking about me.

I then posted in response:

"I'm not trying to start anything, but just because someone doesn't hit the like button doesn't mean they're a hater. Personally, I know there are times when I'm just browsing and not really hitting the like button on anything, other times I have more time to peruse posts and I'm in more of a "liking" mood."

And then your response which you have since deleted, but I can still see:

"Love how adults take a thread about a kid and make it about themselves. Nothingnew."

So you specifically tried to call out a Salem fan (I have to assume myself) and then when I return with my response you said that I was trying to make this post about myself.

If you didn't want the post to stray away from the original subject then you shouldn't have tried to steer it in a different direction with your comments. Just FYI, the only reason I didn't like your post was because I can't say who the best RB in the state is because I haven't been to all 300+ High schools in the state and seen all of them play. He certainly appears to be one of the best RB's in the state. There are just too many variables in play to say someone is the best when only half the regular season has been played.

Okay DSH I've been in the hospital and I get home to read this from your post:

"I see the haters (NOT YOU [referring to Devil's here] I see who liked your post) who will do anything they can to discredit anything not Salem related and pertaining to GW."

I don't know who you were trying to call out, but since I'm a Salem fan that liked Devil's post and didn't like your post it seems as if you were talking about me.

I then posted in response:

"I'm not trying to start anything, but just because someone doesn't hit the like button doesn't mean they're a hater. Personally, I know there are times when I'm just browsing and not really hitting the like button on anything, other times I have more time to peruse posts and I'm in more of a "liking" mood."

And then your response which you have since deleted, but I can still see:

"Love how adults take a thread about a kid and make it about themselves. Nothingnew."

So you specifically tried to call out a Salem fan (I have to assume myself) and then when I return with my response you said that I was trying to make this post about myself.

If you didn't want the post to stray away from the original subject then you shouldn't have tried to steer it in a different direction with your comments. Just FYI, the only reason I didn't like your post was because I can't say who the best RB in the state is because I haven't been to all 300+ High schools in the state and seen all of them play. He certainly appears to be one of the best RB's in the state. There are just too many variables in play to say someone is the best when only half the regular season has been played.
And yet you make it about yourself again. Again, you throw more shade at one of my young men which is why I initially came at you. May as well close the thread.... AGAIN.

so when its the thread you started its ok to get off topic but when someone else does it they get scolded for it. wow seems like your the one making it about you. someone has a real attititude. I think I counted 4 times you made it about anything but the kids

Reactions: hamspear
Definitely, free country. I just would appreciate it if it was somewhere else. I’m tired of the shade from certain posters, especially ones that’s supposed to be ”in charge”. It’s happened too many times. A real leader promotes an environment conducive of respect. If you don’t like my thread, move on. Don’t throw shade on my young men. It’s constant from certain posters. Last time speaking on anything other than a student athlete in this thread.
I haven't thrown any shade your way or on your young men as you put it.

An administrator is in charge, I'm a moderator. A moderator tries to direct the discussion in a productive way. You've obviously chosen to troll and then deflect the blame on me. Really, really bad idea to take a wiz in my Cheerios today. You sir, can take a seat on the timeout bench.

I haven't thrown any shade your way or on your young men as you put it.

An administrator is in charge, I'm a moderator. A moderator tries to direct the discussion in a productive way. You've obviously chosen to troll and then deflect the blame on me. Really, really bad idea to take a wiz in my Cheerios today. You sir, can take a seat on the timeout bench.

I'd rather have some Apple Cinnamon or Honey Nut, how about you Mike

Reactions: Mccoy Bruin
Learn something new everyday. Didn't know if you don't hit the "Like" button, that makes you a hater. I like a lot of things I read on here, but never think about hitting the "Like" button. I will say there is one person constantly hyping his team and more specifically certain players on that team with non-stop videos of those players doing amazing things (in his mind). Its as if he's trying to bait people into making negative comments. Most people like to hype their team, but there is such a thing as going a bit overboard with it.

Guys it's said on here all the time but this is a football board. Now some of you may have a different opinion, and while I've never met the guy (yet) I think DSH contributes a lot to this board. He's passionate, well-informed, and almost always first class in the way he expresses his opinions. While I've never met Mr. Mike Salem same deal with him, obviously he is a moderator and extremely humble. We all have our arguments on here. I know I enjoy a bit of smack talk between the adults on this board. However, in the end in comes down to loving your neighbor and I think we all need to remember that going forward. My boys are 0-5 and while no one has attacked Cville as of yet I thoroughly enjoy following the rest of Class 4 football and seeing how teams are doing, no matter how much I don't want them to win or how annoying I find their fans. We post on here to share about the football teams we love, and while smack-talk isn't forbidden, petty arguments that have nothing to do with football should be in my opinion lol.

That said, I have a physics quiz in the morning. Goodnight to all.

:cool:

ADVERTISEMENT