ADVERTISEMENT

Better view of San Antonio Texas high school football players

Was on news today and said that they are looking in to it. Did not say if ref was hurt or not (Bad).

Should be criminal charges filed there.
Agree. The ref was intentionally targeted. Not just by one player but two. If it was just the first guy, he might have gotten away with it as accidental and in pursuit of the play but when the second guy spears him on the ground, this was clearly a planned attack.

Reactions: hamspear
Yes criminal charges, expulsion from school. From what I read two players from the team in white jerseys had been ejected on previous plays. I suspect this was retaliattion.

Reactions: hamspear
No doubt , both players should be arrested for assault, football career over. Character adjustment needed here. I hope we never see anything like this in Virginia, the pressure to win and be good is huge, but players should never sacrifice INTEGRITY and sportsmanship for what they think is a bad call the play before. So wrong on many levels.

Assault charges will probably be brought against these two thugs. My bet is they will never play high school sports again. There is no place in sports for the cheap shots.

I don't agree with penalizing the whole team for the actions of two player. I don't agree with firing the Coachs over this incident.

I would fire the Coachs if these kids have not already been dismissed from the squad. I would fire the Principle and AD if these kids have not already been suspended from school. Now, I've listened all morning to the talking heads saying we all need to know the whole story. Certainly, things need to be investigated and I'm sure they will, especially with criminal charges looming. but the dismissal and suspension should already be completed. The video says it all. This was a vicious, blind sided, premeditated, conspired attack. No circumstance can justify it.

Reactions: gwb16
I don't agree with penalizing the whole team for the actions of two player. I don't agree with firing the Coachs over this incident.

I would fire the Coachs if these kids have not already been dismissed from the squad. I would fire the Principle and AD if these kids have not already been suspended from school. Now, I've listened all morning to the talking heads saying we all need to know the whole story. Certainly, things need to be investigated and I'm sure they will, especially with criminal charges looming. but the dismissal and suspension should already be completed. The video says it all. This was a vicious, blind sided, premeditated, conspired attack. No circumstance can justify it.
I agree with you on this. Both players have been removed from school and team. But it does sound like they have a discipline problem because two more players had already been ejected from the game. The whole team or the couches should not be punished for the actions of a few.

There is one thing I noticed in the video. #14, at the end of the play, seems to applaud what happened to the ref. Now, I can't be sure if he's applauding the tackle of the ball carrier on the play or what happened to the ref but I would be questioning every player that was on the defensive side of the ball before that play. And the Coachs. I have serious doubts that those two players were the only ones that knew what was going to happen. I'm sure we'll find out soon enough as this has National attention due to its heinous nature.

Apparently an assistant instructed the players to make the official pay for "cheating" their team.

Both players weren't even ejected, only one. The refs mistakenly ejected the wrong 2nd player and the coaching staff allowed the actual player at fault to continue to play where he later got a PF for a cheap shot on I believe the PK on an XP try or something.

The fact that the staff allowed the other player to stay in should speak to at least some level of involvement with the whole thing. Someone is going to end up the fall guy here and rightfully so. This clearly wasn't entirely premeditated by the players.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT