ADVERTISEMENT

BIG CHANGES AT SPOTSYLVANIA !

skynard1

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Oct 12, 2009
skynard ain't dead but it almost happened this summer! while PA ing for Courtland baseball I was in the process of getting the umps names to announce after the starting lineups I passed out on the field! rushed to the hospital and while there I actually passed away but luckily the doctor revived me as the electrical upper part of my heart went bad and the next day in the hospital I had to have a pacemaker put in and thankfully I'm good as new and ready to rumble! GOD left me here for a reason maybe to harass shauntclair who knows! good to be back on preps in more ways than one!
Now to talk about on here about what I came back to discuss is the changes at SHS! first of all the posts I made on here about the trouble with the football program and sports programs finally made a smart move that I called for and finally happened! the school board replaced the principal and AD. that should end the buddy buddy system at my alma mater that was causing most of the problem out there! the terrible hazing action with the players is over and now maybe the program can start rebuilding and bring the knights back to its winning ways championship years 15 years ago when Tim Coleman left! the players involved cannot play in the county any more! that will hurt as those guys that would have returned this year was the best players on last years team but players like that are not needed in the program or any other program. once again it will be another lean year for the knights but I think the new administration will give coach Johnson a couple years to turn this program around but won't be like the last principal and AD stick around because they are friends! I like coach Al Johnson but if a coach can't make a turn around in 3 to 4 years they need to be replaced under most circumstances. I have always preached out there after Coleman we need a experienced coach out there to coach the team and bring a couple coaches with them that has the experience to build a program especially one in the shape Spotsy is in! I am hoping Johnson with the help of part time coach Tim Coleman can turn the program around but only time will tell. Tim will be doing color with me and mike Nevel on Friday nights on TV again this year and can't make the Spotsy games to coach. most of the coaches have been replaced but they have hired some young coaches that played out there and will learn from Coleman and maybe stick around with Johnson and form in a few years a veteran experienced staff. this is why teams like JM chancellor and Courtland win because they all have veteran experienced coaches. good luck boys from post oak with a new administration I hope things will start looking up!
in a side bar speaking of chancellor that is the team in the battlefield to beat! not only do they have a lot of returners back headed up by stud QB Jason brown and top receiver Jenkins CJ Washington star receiver and dangerous kick off and punt returner from Riverbend has transferred their! rumor has it that RB Orlando Jones will do the same! more on them when I do my pre season picks before the season! GOOD TO BE BACK AND LETS PLAY FOOTBALL!

skynard ain't dead but it almost happened this summer! while PA ing for Courtland baseball I was in the process of getting the umps names to announce after the starting lineups I passed out on the field! rushed to the hospital and while there I actually passed away but luckily the doctor revived me as the electrical upper part of my heart went bad and the next day in the hospital I had to have a pacemaker put in and thankfully I'm good as new and ready to rumble! GOD left me here for a reason maybe to harass shauntclair who knows! good to be back on preps in more ways than one!
Now to talk about on here about what I came back to discuss is the changes at SHS! first of all the posts I made on here about the trouble with the football program and sports programs finally made a smart move that I called for and finally happened! the school board replaced the principal and AD. that should end the buddy buddy system at my alma mater that was causing most of the problem out there! the terrible hazing action with the players is over and now maybe the program can start rebuilding and bring the knights back to its winning ways championship years 15 years ago when Tim Coleman left! the players involved cannot play in the county any more! that will hurt as those guys that would have returned this year was the best players on last years team but players like that are not needed in the program or any other program. once again it will be another lean year for the knights but I think the new administration will give coach Johnson a couple years to turn this program around but won't be like the last principal and AD stick around because they are friends! I like coach Al Johnson but if a coach can't make a turn around in 3 to 4 years they need to be replaced under most circumstances. I have always preached out there after Coleman we need a experienced coach out there to coach the team and bring a couple coaches with them that has the experience to build a program especially one in the shape Spotsy is in! I am hoping Johnson with the help of part time coach Tim Coleman can turn the program around but only time will tell. Tim will be doing color with me and mike Nevel on Friday nights on TV again this year and can't make the Spotsy games to coach. most of the coaches have been replaced but they have hired some young coaches that played out there and will learn from Coleman and maybe stick around with Johnson and form in a few years a veteran experienced staff. this is why teams like JM chancellor and Courtland win because they all have veteran experienced coaches. good luck boys from post oak with a new administration I hope things will start looking up!
in a side bar speaking of chancellor that is the team in the battlefield to beat! not only do they have a lot of returners back headed up by stud QB Jason brown and top receiver Jenkins CJ Washington star receiver and dangerous kick off and punt returner from Riverbend has transferred their! rumor has it that RB Orlando Jones will do the same! more on them when I do my pre season picks before the season! GOOD TO BE BACK AND LETS PLAY FOOTBALL!

Glad you survived and are back with us.

played there in from 64 to 68! played football basketball track and basketball until my JR year!

Agree with almost all. Chancellor is the team to beat in the Battlefield. If they get Orlando Jones too, that's a major deal. I've said it for months. Chancellor is the 4A dark horse. But they have no easy road. Ponax, JM, Courtland, Riverbend, EV, Liberty (Beal). They'll make the playoffs but this may be one of the best low seeds in a long time. Those high seeds will not have seen a team like this all year. That's my call.

We'll see if the Spotsy changes help. My fingers will be crossed. Tim loves Spotsy. They are linked forever. His influence on the team and the Coachs will be felt. Despite the changes, I think last year may have already made a difference.

Best part of all is the reunion of Tim and Mike on the tele. I have DVDs of all the games they ever did and the interaction is perfect. It's Pat Summeral and John Madden. If you love HS Football, this is the team you want broadcasting your game. Mike is a pure pro. Tim is a Goldmine. Can't wait.

Last edited:
He played there until 1959 just a little bit before your time.
remembered that 59 team well. that was when the stands fell at Stafford during the Spotsy Stafford game I believe? I was their that night a mere 9 year old kid! no one was killed but many injured and taken to the hospital. my brother in law had his ankle broken as the stands fell. one of the worse catastrophes that has ever happened in the Fredericksburg area! ask him if he remembers that?

Welcome back skynard! Glad to see you survived.

I was also happy to hear that the principal at Spotsylvania resigned. Even better news is that the AD resigned (which I did not know about).

Who is the new AD?

Welcome back skynard! Glad to see you survived.

I was also happy to hear that the principal at Spotsylvania resigned. Even better news is that the AD resigned (which I did not know about).

Who is the new AD?

new principal was a lady from Richmond area her name escapes me as I haven't heard her name but once! still interviewing for AD job and a couple pretty good people that I know has applied! got to name him or her this week as football starts august first!

This is a special individual and a proven winner. An excellent choice that I'm sure brought a smile to every Board Members face. They have to be absolutely thrilled to have gotten him. Very best to him and Spotsy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT