ADVERTISEMENT

BIG NEWS FOR GW DANVILLE

Can you update me on his football info, please? Size, position, stats, etc.?

Mr. DinwiddieProud Tim Glass is a 6'1 205 safety. He held about 12 offers from Wake Forest, UVA, ECU, and UNC Charlotte just to name a few. Very physical and smart football player. He'll be a difference maker on offense (Quarterback and Reciever) and on the GW defense who will be missing Malik Clements who is moving on to Cincinatti. Here's Glass's highlights. http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1898388/timothy-glass

Last edited:
Reactions: Lewis918777
Big question is the reason behind the transfer in my opinion. Is this evidence Coach Anderson is starting to get local buy in that he is on the right track? If so, good news for him and the GW program as his predecessors struggled in that area. Or, could this be fall out from the way VHSL rules will be interpreted now that LCA will be a full member? If so, then that will challenge LCA and the way they have previously taken recruits from outside their now designated attendance zone. It will also be good news for area schools outside that zone that have lost kids to LCA.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Will he be eligible to play, IAW VHSL transfer rules ?
Why wouldn't he be eligible? There aren't any wait restrictions and provided he actually lives in the GW attendance zone and is in good academic standing what else could prevent him from transferring?

There is some rule pertaining to transfers who transfer back to school they had left. Not sure what it is, therefore I asked the question. I have seen it happen at other schools and player was not eligible.

There is some rule pertaining to transfers who transfer back to school they had left. Not sure what it is, therefore I asked the question. I have seen it happen at other schools and player was not eligible.
He is elgible because he lives in Danville. Coach Anderson has a total buy in from the community. City Council has begun the process of upgrading JT Christopher stadium to include artificial turf. The school spirit at GW is great. The band and football even get along great. The football team has gone over to congradulate the band after road games.This was not the case back in the Pugh and Martin eras.

In reference to the stadium upgrade in the initial plans, why is the "Study" costing $150,000 ? There should be someone around who could do it for far less, maybe "for nothing" as a contribution to school.

As for being eligible, it would be a good idea to verify it with VHSL. There was a player I know who left school "A" and transferred to school "B". Later he decided to transfer back to school "A". He was deemed ineligible.

He is elgible because he lives in Danville. Coach Anderson has a total buy in from the community. City Council has begun the process of upgrading JT Christopher stadium to include artificial turf. The school spirit at GW is great. The band and football even get along great. The football team has gone over to congradulate the band after road games.This was not the case back in the Pugh and Martin eras.

Tommy, I've been smiling as this thread moved along, wondering where you were. Glad to see this, and the other good things happening at your favorite high school. A lot of naysayers for your school's football program, but you have me convinced they are for real, and a force to be reckoned with this year. Best of luck, and warmest regards.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
The loss of gw's two best skill players that were responsible for over 50 TD's certainly provided questions. Now they get someone who can at least recover some of that punch. That's big and their schedule helps. Another good seed seems likely. GL to GW in 2015.

The loss of gw's two best skill players that were responsible for over 50 TD's certainly provided questions. Now they get someone who can at least recover some of that punch. That's big and their schedule helps. Another good seed seems likely. GL to GW in 2015.

How are your parents doing, big guy? I know these are tough times for you. I'll continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

DP

Since, at the time LCA was a private school, the student can transfer back to his public school one time and be eligible. If he had transferred to a public school and then came back he would be ineligible if there wasn't a corresponding move.

How are your parents doing, big guy? I know these are tough times for you. I'll continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

DP
Thanks for the thoughts. I could go on and on about the rents but I just look at it as something that must be done and must be dealt with. They've earned my full attention. You just have to accept that the end is nearing and inevitable. They are pretty healthy for people in their 90's. They laugh daily, sleep well and eat well. I'm just trying to keep it that way as long as I can.

Took a minor IT job at the local College and walk there every day. Nice. They've been very liberal about my priorities and seem very glad to have me. I also get to Coach again. Girl's Softball just finished. Men's Fall Soccer starts in August. I'm not a Head Coach but I'm loving working with the young people at the College and I'm trying to learn more everyday. I'm even taking Master's Courses. One of the Perks of working at the school. Employees take classes for free. No, there's no Football here.

As far as HS Football on the Eastern Shore of MD, let's just kindly say it's not the level to which I am accustomed. I will certainly be making trips back to VA this Fall because I am badly in need of a fix. GL to the Generals in 2015.

Thanks for the GL wishes.

I guess your situation with your parents is as good as can be hoped for. There is alot to be said for eating, sleeping and laughing on a daily basis. They are lucky to have a son that is willing to do what he can to make their final years as healthy, happy, and dignified as you are doing.

I met a great guy today that played at Hanover until 2008, then went to Hampton-Sydney for four years. Started at running back for his soph. through senior years. We spent 5 minutes talking about work, and the next hour talking football. Talk about scratching an itch?!

And I have a relatively new customer that lives in Lenexa that played 4 years for VT about 30 years ago. Needless to say, we talked a lot of football instead of conducting business.

I would assume that most of the MD's ES is about like Virginia's, (with respect to football)? Mostly rural and the population is small? I would assume that most schools up there are about equal to our 1a or 2a?

Enjoy the course work, and especially the coaching. And you will appreciate this. Our boys soccer coach won the male athletics "Coach of the Year" award for Dinwiddie High School this year. This award has has very little to do with the team's record, but a lot to do with the overall, big picture. He was very deserving of the award, and I couldn't be prouder for him. Because, as you know, soccer is not exactly "King" in this part of the world.

Warmest regards, DP

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT