ADVERTISEMENT

Big week for D4

Nov 1, 2005
JF vs GW
Who you got?

JF Christmas (old school, smash mouth, they make hay in between the hashes and right down Main Street) vs GW Anderson (new breed RPO, athletic, spread you out horizontally and vertically now you see me now you don’t).

Defensive struggle or offensive shoot out?

70 points total between the 2? Over or under, what’s your call?

Biggest game in the state as far as we on this board are concerned...

I'd say Dinwiddie/Salem is as big or bigger, but if I were to pick one to go to I'd be at this one. I've heard that Danville's defense has really stepped up this year and if that turns out to be the case they will be scary in November!
You are correct...good contest across conferences. Who wins that? What’s the point total?

My thoughts

GW wins under 70

Dinwiddie wins under 70

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
JF vs GW
Who you got?

JF Christmas (old school, smash mouth, they make hay in between the hashes and right down Main Street) vs GW Anderson (new breed RPO, athletic, spread you out horizontally and vertically now you see me now you don’t).

I say JF and Dinwiddie

I think Danville/JF gets the nod..Salem and Dinwiddie was the big game last year and not to be disrespectful to any Salem fan but this year’s team is not the same team they are accustomed to having. If I’m wrong I’ll be the first to say it but I believe Dinwiddie gets at least a 2-3 score win. GW will have its work cut out for them in Forest. Whoever has the less mistakes wins.

Reactions: blackknight_pride
JF vs GW
Who you got?

Definitely over 70

I like JF at home in a one score game. GW not yet tested on the road and JF more versatile than last year. GW has speed and athletes but my nod is for Christmas who has been in too many big games to remember. Coach Christmas gives them an edge. Total score 60+

Dinwiddie/Salem is interesting. Salem blows out weak Amh but grinds out win at better than an average Franklin Co. Dinwiddie is solid and maybe a step ahead of Salem at this point in the year.
Dinwiddie to win by 9 or 10 with late score pushing total to over 50 points combined.

I like JF at home in a one score game. GW not yet tested on the road and JF more versatile than last year. GW has speed and athletes but my nod is for Christmas who has been in too many big games to remember. Coach Christmas gives them an edge. Total score 60+

Dinwiddie/Salem is interesting. Salem blows out weak Amh but grinds out win at better than an average Franklin Co. Dinwiddie is solid and maybe a step ahead of Salem at this point in the year.
Dinwiddie to win by 9 or 10 with late score pushing total to over 50 points combined.
I certainly respect your opinion but if you give Christmas credit, you have to give Nick Anderson credit. Anderson is a very young coach that took a basketball powerhouse at Kinston High to a football state championship in 2011, which is unheard of. 51-11 at GW and has finally put a stamp on the GW program in his 6th year. He is one of the best young coaches in the entire state. If he stays in Danville, he will be mentioned with the all time great coaches before he calls it quits.

I certainly respect your opinion but if you give Christmas credit, you have to give Nick Anderson credit. Anderson is a very young coach that took a basketball powerhouse at Kinston High to a football state championship in 2011, which is unheard of. 51-11 at GW and has finally put a stamp on the GW program in his 6th year. He is one of the best young coaches in the entire state. If he stays in Danville, he will be mentioned with the all time great coaches before he calls it quits.

I thought when it was said a new coach it was bring said 1st or 2nd year. In 6th year he certainly has the experience and entrenched with his system.

I know there was talk last year for GW, but it just sounds different this year. And the difference in yards allowed at this point compared to last year is staggering. I dont think it will be a running clock or anything, but GW pulls away in 4th and wins by 3+

I think from what has been written and the returners and last years result, Dinwiddie has more experience and some really good playmakers. Dinwiddie by 2+

Aside from these 2 monster games, there are big/meaningful games all across the state at all levels. Things start to amp up. Dont be surprised with a few "upsets" and a few larger than expected wins.

But no matter who wins, the most important thing is for all the kids to be safe and healthy coming out and enjoying themselves. Pray for no injuries and that whatever game everyone is attending that they enjoy themselves and friends/family.

God Bless

I thought when it was said a new coach it was bring said 1st or 2nd year. In 6th year he certainly has the experience and entrenched with his system.

I know there was talk last year for GW, but it just sounds different this year. And the difference in yards allowed at this point compared to last year is staggering. I dont think it will be a running clock or anything, but GW pulls away in 4th and wins by 3+

I think from what has been written and the returners and last years result, Dinwiddie has more experience and some really good playmakers. Dinwiddie by 2+

Aside from these 2 monster games, there are big/meaningful games all across the state at all levels. Things start to amp up. Dont be surprised with a few "upsets" and a few larger than expected wins.

But no matter who wins, the most important thing is for all the kids to be safe and healthy coming out and enjoying themselves. Pray for no injuries and that whatever game everyone is attending that they enjoy themselves and friends/family.

God Bless
Exactly right, fix it up guns. You are a classy fella

God Bless
GW’s program was in absolute shambles when Coach Anderson took over in 2013..A lot like what Amherst was dealt this year. Coach Anderson has brought excitement back into the middle school program and has made the kids in the elementary schools want to be Eagles again. Anderson is responsible for developing and sending at least 5 guys to D1 schools. What he has done to get the program where it is today took all 6 years.. GW has a very very bright future. Middle school and JV teams are loaded.

God bless you too @Gunz41. I appreciate your confidence in Dinwiddie, but don't be fooled by some of the doom and gloom statements made about Salem.

Salem actually has more returning starters than Dinwiddie. Both teams return their qb's, but Dinwiddie had to replace 4 of 5 o lineman, 6 of the front 7 on defense (all 3 linebackers) a two year starter at running back, all state kicker and an all state d 1 db/wr who transferred to Thomas Dale.

This game is going to be very physical and low scoring. Peety Pope may be the x factor, but Close and Pinello could cause issues for Dinwiddie.

GW should win this one and if their defense plays well its not going to be close. If the old GW defense rears its ugly head this game could be a 56-49 nail biter. Either way I am going with the senior quarterback Poole and GW.

Last edited:
God bless you too @Gunz41. I appreciate your confidence in Dinwiddie, but don't be fooled by some of the doom and gloom coming from some about Salem.

Salem actually has more returning starters than Dinwiddie. Both teams return their qb's, but Finwiddie had to replace 4 of 5 o lineman, 6 of the front 7 on defense (all 3 linebackers) a two year starter at running back, all state kicker and an all state d 1 db/wr who transferred to Thomas Dale.

This game is going to be very physical and close. Peety Pope may be the x factor, but Close and Pinello could cause issues for Dinwiddie.

GW should win this one and if their defense plays well its not going to be close. If the old GW defense rears its ugly head this game could be a 5649 nail biter. Either way I am going with the senior quarterback Poole and GW.
Navy appreciate you giving us the nod. As good as Carlos is at QB, what makes GW go is LB Carl Poole and safety Shawn Watlington Jr. They are the difference in a state championship caliber team and a second round exit. Won’t find a bigger Carlos Poole fan than me and I’m in no ways minimizing his worth.

Navy appreciate you giving us the nod. As good as Carlos is at QB, what makes GW go is LB Carl Poole and safety Shawn Watlington Jr. They are the difference in a state championship caliber team and a second round exit. Won’t find a bigger Carlos Poole fan than me and I’m in no ways minimizing his worth.

Defense does win championships, but you know how I feel about experienced senior qb's. The time is right for GW to make a run.

If any JF fans would like to meet up before kickoff and talk football let me know! I like meeting new people and making friends!

Forest offense will roll as it’s based on assignment football to be stopped, not many teams can do it for 4 quarters and if they can grind expect a long night.

Salem is Salem they run the i and pound the football at you regardless of the talent they fundamentally play sound football and regular season isn’t a heartbreaker for them unless they lose in district. I think widdie will best them again this year but it doesn’t mean Salem won’t still contend in the West, don’t be fooled by the down talking.

Don’t know a lot about widdie other than the film they play sound and have athletes all over the field. Reload not rebuild. I got the widdie by 14.

GW has the talent but I gotta see it in the trenches, that’s where games are won and lost. They have the talent on the outside in the 7on7 aspect but can they stop forest as last year it was a shootout and the offense ain’t changed but maybe picked up a beat. Forest can get hostile and rowdy in the hole and the field turns into a track, forest has some athletes and speed but GW has more. It comes down to line play and I give the edge to forest as long as Jake Grove is coaching them. Forest by 17

Reactions: jfcav1
Forest offense will roll as it’s based on assignment football to be stopped, not many teams can do it for 4 quarters and if they can grind expect a long night.

Salem is Salem they run the i and pound the football at you regardless of the talent they fundamentally play sound football and regular season isn’t a heartbreaker for them unless they lose in district. I think widdie will best them again this year but it doesn’t mean Salem won’t still contend in the West, don’t be fooled by the down talking.

Don’t know a lot about widdie other than the film they play sound and have athletes all over the field. Reload not rebuild. I got the widdie by 14.

GW has the talent but I gotta see it in the trenches, that’s where games are won and lost. They have the talent on the outside in the 7on7 aspect but can they stop forest as last year it was a shootout and the offense ain’t changed but maybe picked up a beat. Forest can get hostile and rowdy in the hole and the field turns into a track, forest has some athletes and speed but GW has more. It comes down to line play and I give the edge to forest as long as Jake Grove is coaching them. Forest by 17
You do know that neither Carl Poole Jr. or Wesley Graves played last year against JF nor did Shawn Watlington Jr. play defense? GW won with their 3rd string RB.. JF also had 297 yards passing in that game due to a terrible GW secondary. 4 passing TDs by JF last year.. Play action killed GW.. Yeah JF has 3 good backs.. GW has 4.. Can JF stop them? Doubt it.. The real question is can GW play mistake free football and not get tired and let JF wear the defense down.

Reactions: Lewis918777
You do know that neither Carl Poole Jr. or Wesley Graves played last year against JF nor did Shawn Watlington Jr. play defense? GW won with their 3rd string RB.. JF also had 297 yards passing in that game due to a terrible GW secondary. 4 passing TDs by JF last year.. Play action killed GW.. Yeah JF has 3 good backs.. GW has 4.. Can JF stop them? Doubt it.. The real question is can GW play mistake free football and not get tired and let JF wear the defense down.

Forest had a slew of injuries as well and they lost on a field goal.

Forest had a slew of injuries as well and they lost on a field goal.
Playing with 3rd string QB, both starting TE’s out, 1 injured stud runningback, and an offensive lineman, not to mention all of their positions on defense since our guys play both ways.

Reactions: lyhsports
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT