ADVERTISEMENT

Biggest Upset Tonight

I said when the pairings were released...JF over Salem. I just think JF will score more points. Not sure how or how many but I think once the clock hits zero, JF will have at least one more point than Salem.

I said when the pairings were released...JF over Salem. I just think JF will score more points. Not sure how or how many but I think once the clock hits zero, JF will have at least one more point than Salem.
I never view JF winning or losing as an upset either way. They're pretty much a crap-shoot. Being able to score a lot, but also giving up a lot, makes them hard to predict.

Millbrook has a great shot at upsetting Kettle Run. I think the Cougars pull it out but suspect it'll be a closer game than the first matchup.

Reactions: VolNation85
I’d love to hear if anyone is predicting an upset, and if so, what will be the biggest upset tonight?

I'm going chalk across the board in Class 4. Salem-JF, Pulaski-GW, Kings Fork-Deep Creek and Kettle Run-Millbrook appear to be the toughest games to call. I'm sticking with the chalk. Rd 2 is where things will really start to get interesting IMO. Good Luck all tonight, stay healthy.

I never view JF winning or losing as an upset either way. They're pretty much a crap-shoot. Being able to score a lot, but also giving up a lot, makes them hard to predict.
I agree. I guess it's only an upset because Salem has the tradition and reputation and they are at home. Both teams are 7-3, both have losses to respectable opponents, both will be well coached.

Reactions: 1Gensfan
I agree. I guess it's only an upset because Salem has the tradition and reputation and they are at home. Both teams are 7-3, both have losses to respectable opponents, both will be well coached.
That's the one thing that puzzles me about Christmas. He obviously has the offensive/scoring part figured out. Has he stuck with the same defensive coach(s) all these years? If they could hold teams to 25 or less they would be tough every year.

That's the one thing that puzzles me about Christmas. He obviously has the offensive/scoring part figured out. Has he stuck with the same defensive coach(s) all these years? If they could hold teams to 25 or less they would be tough every year.
one problem with an offenses that scores quick is the defense is always on the field. They get tired.

one problem with an offenses that scores quick is the defense is always on the field. They get tired.
Take Liberty Christian for instance. They scored 48 against JF. Granted, JF scored a lot more, but other teams scored a lot against LC and didn't give up near as many points. It just seems odd to be so talented on one side of the ball and not good at all on the other side. It's obvious they have good athletes.

Tremendous prediction. You called two in a row. Hats off to you
Thanks. I tried telling some Salem posters here that it's hard to contain the JF offense for 4 quarters and they would find a way to get it done. They did. Congrats to Salem on a great season.

P.S. I am not a JF fan nor a Salem fan. Just a guy that follows high school football closely.

Reactions: padlevel
He has changed D-coordinators at least twice since his return. Reavis was the D-coordinator last year and he left for Rustburg I believe. From what I hear, JF spends little practice time on defense. IDK how true that is though.

I got to the Millbrook-KR game shortly after kick off. KR started strong and made a few good plays, while Millbrook looked like they hadn't gotten off the bus just yet. A few big plays later and the game was tied. It stayed that way as penalties and other lost yardage, combined with terrible field conditions affected both teams. OT was a struggle for both as each lost yardage in the 1st session. Millbrook had an illegal formation in the 2nd OT that cost them a TD or this may have been a different result.The last play for KR should have been an interception, but slipped right through the DB's hands.

I’d love to hear if anyone is predicting an upset, and if so, what will be the biggest upset tonight?
Courtland up 18 - 8 against Dinwiddie at the half...who saw that coming? I predict Dinwiddie figures out how to stop JC's 6 plays and runs away with it in the 2nd half...we'll see.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT