ADVERTISEMENT

Black and Blue Bowl Part 2

VolNation85

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Nov 29, 2013
When they first met, JF was undefeated and Glass had one loss to Heritage. EC Glass controlled the game for 3.5 quarters and won rather easily 63-34. That was 6 weeks ago. What will happen in round 2, part 2?

Glass better focus up this week. JF is likely on cloud 9, their defense should be feeling good as they held Salem to 6 in the 2nd half. I think it'll be closer than 29 points and neither team will score more than 50. I'll take Glass 42-28 this time.

I saw Glass at a pre-season scrimmage and came away impressed. Bleeding Navy has consistently stated that Glass was an extremely dangerous team.

I have not seen JF, even on film. But, there is no question that Coach Christmas can coach up an offense. If he ever has a defense to match his offense, just hand them the state championship trophy.

Was dominating Salem in the second half proof enough that they have the defense to go all the way? I'll leave this prediction to you.

Reactions: VolNation85
Glass better focus up this week. JF is likely on cloud 9, their defense should be feeling good as they held Salem to 6 in the 2nd half. I think it'll be closer than 29 points and neither team will score more than 50. I'll take Glass 42-28 this time.
I think it will be closer too. Not sure exactly how much but I would be surprised if it were 29 points or more again. But then again, I was surprised last time.

I think JF, to their credit, made some stops in second half against Salem. They loaded the box and Salem tried to go up top and over but just didn't get it done. Still, Salem was an extra point from overtime. It comes down to execution and against JF you have to have more chances than they have. Both teams will make plays but I like Glass at Blacksburg.

ADVERTISEMENT