ADVERTISEMENT

Blacksburg and EC Glass and others

freeatlast2013

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Feb 23, 2013
The general feeling was that Blacksburg would have big drop last year . The last three years they have won the 3a state championship, winning against Heritage and Phoebus before beating a strong Staunton River team, 2017 going 12-2 , losing now in 4a to Lord Botetourt by 4 and to eventual state champion Salem by 1, 2018 going undefeated until losing in OT to eventual state champion Woodgrove. I'm guessing the graduation of longtime QB Grant Johnston will be a topic of conversation. It seems as though when Blacksburg has part of the track team come out they are good. I know they have speedster Karin Mohammed back.

Glass, the last two years has come close, losing to Blacksburg both times in playoffs 21-6 and 35-14. I know they are well coached and have talent. I think sometimes it comes down to execution.

I think 4a is just competitive with obviously great teams from every region. Who would have thought Woodgrove would have won last year except them?
One team that may be on the way up is Pulaski County. They are starting to build a program again, with success from middle school through JV to high school. Also, economically they have for now stopped the slide with Volvo trucks and other companies moving in .
Oh well, sorry for the rambling looking forward to the season with a new coach and QB with some talent in that junior class and dang, now it gets possibly a little tougher with Broad Run and Tuscarora.

It will be hard to beat Broad Run this year , they get to keep all juniors and seniors from 5A team despite new school opening . That also includes the Loudoun County policy of you can go to any school you choose as long as you provide your own transportation. Not many kids in LC are without a car or transportation. They are crap loaded just like around 2009. In my opinion it will be great to see your local schools to excel in districts and regions with some exciting games, but when it comes to states . It won’t be close. But of course , that’s why the games are played . Anything can happen . Watch out for Tuscarora a,so.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT